About the Wet Sounds WS-MC-2
Music makes boating better
Music makes boating better
The Wet Sounds WS-MC2 marine digital media receiver lets you enjoy your music while you're spending a day on the water. Listen to your Pandora® playlists, plug in a player, or listen to the radio – it'll all sound great with this powerful, compact receiver. The full-color display looks terrific and it's IPX6-rated for water resistance.
Play pretty much anything
If you like versatility, you'll really like this receiver's feature set. Built-in Bluetooth lets you stream music, and Simple Secure Pairing makes it easy to use your Android or Apple smartphone to crank your tunes. You'll also appreciate the global AM/FM/Weather Band tuner, plus a charging USB port and an AUX input for your digital music player.
And that includes Pandora
Pandora Internet radio is a wonderful thing to have on a boat. Just connect your iPhone® or pair your Android phone and enjoy all your favorite stations. You can also plug in a portable music player and enjoy music you've downloaded or ripped from your CD collection.
Easy to read and easy to use
The WS-MC2 sports a clean, functional design that's easy to read, easy to use, and IP6-rated for water resistance The big, bright 3" TFT display lets you see what's playing, and it's easy to browse through your folders or playlists when you're looking for just the right music.
Start your system here
If you're planning a great marine audio system, the WS-MC2 is a fantastic centerpiece. In a larger vessel, you can set up two separate entertainment zones (full-range or subwoofer) and control them on the receiver's front panel. You can also add a Wet Sounds MC-TR transom remote to control your entertainment while you're enjoying a swim.
The WS-MC2 is also SiriusXM-Ready and compatible with the SiriusXM Connect 220SXV300 tuner (sold separately).
By boaters, for boaters
As you might guess from the name, Wet Sounds knows a thing or two about marine audio. They're audio experts and boating enthusiasts, so a lot of expertise goes into every piece of gear they design. Wet Sounds audio gear doesn't just give you incredible performance, it's also engineered to stand up to the extremes of the marine environment.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
iPod/smartphone note: If you're going to use your iPod or smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for compatibility information.
- marine digital media receiver
- built-in amplifier (25 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
- built-in Bluetooth for music streaming
- 3" full-color display
- global AM/FM/Weather Band tuner
- works with Apple and Android smartphones
- Pandora Internet radio
- 7-band EQ
- 2-zone source and volume control (full-range and sub)
- inputs: aux input (RCA); USB port
- outputs: 8-channel preamps
- SiriusXM-Ready (tuner sold separately)
- works with Wet Sounds MC-TR transom remote
- cutout dimensions: 3.085"
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # WS-MC-2
What's in the box:
- Marine digital media receiver
- Wiring harness (15A fuse)
- Front-panel cover
- Mounting bracket
- 4 Screws
- 2 Bolts
- 4 Hex-nuts
- Owner's Manual
Wet Sounds WS-MC-2 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Wet Sounds WS-MC-2
Features & specs
|AUX Input||Mini (rear)|
|USB Port Power||1A|
|Backup Camera Input||No|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Alexa Voice Control||N|
|Memory Card Slot||USB|
|Satellite Radio Ready||SiriusXM|
|Touch||5Gen and newer|
|iPhone||5 and newer|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||N/A|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||25 watts|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||1kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||2 volts|
|Key Button Color||White|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||No|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
|Music File Playback||MP3|
|Second Camera Input Lane Watch||N|
Marine Certified: The Wet Sounds WS-MC2 digital media receiver is built for the marine environment with an IPX6 rating and even has a voltage monitor and alarm to warn you when your vessel's battery voltage is reaching critically low levels.
2.7" Ultra-Bright Display: The Wet Sounds WS-MC2 features a 2.7" ultra-bright display, plus 3-way rotary-dial and push-button controls. The display provides station identification, song/artist/album info (including album art), and menu settings. This vibrant display has day/night modes that automatically switch with your vessel's lighting (its brightness can also be adjusted manually).
Wired Remotes: The WS-MC2 supports Wet Sounds' optional Wired Remote Controller with Display (MC-TR) and Wired Remote Controller without Display (MC-TR-MINI) - both sold separately.
- Wired Remote Controller With Display: For full control and display of the Wet Sounds WS-MC1 Marine Media Center System from anywhere other than the helm, you can connect the MC-TR wire remote (sold separately). You can use the MC-TR Y cable (sold separately) to connect up to two Wet Sounds MC-TR wired remotes to a Wet Sounds WS-MC1 system. An optional MC-TR EXT 23' extension cable is also sold separately.
- Wired Remote Controller: Another remote control option is to connect Wet Sound's MC-TR-MINI wired remote controller (sold separately). You'll also need the Wet Sound MC-TR-MINI-ADP 3.5mm-to-DIN adapter cable (sold separately), as well as install a firmware/software update onto the WS-MC1 via USB (see Wet Sounds website for more details). You can install up to two MC-TR-MINI wired remotes using the the MC-TR Y cable (sold separately) and two MC-TR-MINI-ADP 3.5mm-to-DIN adapter cables (sold separately).
Note: You can install one MC-TR wired remote with display and one MC-TR-MINI wired remote without display using the MC-TR Y cable (sold separately) and one MC-TR-MINI-ADP 3.5mm-to-DIN adapter cable (sold separately).
Mounting Options: The Wet Sounds WS-MC2 round chassis mounts in a gauge-style opening, while its rectangular front-panel surface mounts to the helm. The included mounting bracket, hardware, and integrated gasket secure the digital media receiver to the flat surface.
- Cutout Dimensions: 3.085" (diameter) x 3.095" (depth)
- Front-Panel Dimensions: 5.115" (w) x 4.205" x 1.375" (depth)
- 4 Mounting Holes: 4.455" (w) x 3.405" (h) x 1.075" (depth)
Firmware Updates: The Wet Sound's WS-MC-1's operating system has the capability to upgrade and update the firmware without removing the unit via the USB port.
Bluetooth Audio Streaming: Thanks to built-in Bluetooth with support for A2DP/AVRCP 1.4, you are able to stream stored music, music apps, and other audio content on your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone or tablet device to the Wet Sound WS-MC2 digital media receiver. The system will even provide basic playback controls such as Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track, and Random/Repeat; as well as music browsing via Playlists, Artists, Albums, Genres, Songs, Composers, Audiobooks, or Podcasts (compatible with select iPhone & Android smartphones). In addition, the WS-MC2 will display song/artist info (including album art).
Note: The WS-MC2 does not support Bluetooth hands-free phone communication for answering or making calls.
USB Input: The Wet Sounds WS-MC2 digital media receiver features a USB-A input for connection, music playback, control, song/artist/album display (no album art), and charging of a USB MSC (mass storage class) device or Apple iPod/iPhone with Lightning connector.
- USB MSC Playback: The WS-MC2's USB-A port supports MP3 music playback of a connected USB MSC (mass storage class) device, such as a thumbdrive. The unit provides Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track, and Random/Repeat control functions. It will also display song/artist info (including album art).
- iPod/iPhone Direct Connect: The WS-MC2's USB-A port can also be used to connect an Apple iPod/iPhone device with Lightning connector (not compatible with 30-pin devices). You'll be able to play back stored music and music apps on your Apple Lightning device through the digital media receiver. The system provides basic playback controls such as Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track, and Random/Repeat; as well as music browsing via Playlists, Artists, Albums, Genres, Songs, Composers, Audiobooks, or Podcasts (these categories can be searched alphabetically). In addition, the WS-MC2 will display song/artist info (including album art). The USB-A port (5V/1A) will even charge your connected Apple iPod/iPhone with Lightning connector.
Pandora Internet Radio: The Wet Sounds WS-MC2 lets you playback and control the Pandora music app (for Apple iOS 10.0+ or Android 4.0+) ) that is being streamed to your Apple iPhone or Android smartphone device. The WS-MC2 will also display artist name, song title, and album art provided by the Pandora app on your iPhone or Android smartphone. Your iPhone can be connected to the system's USB port or via Bluetooth, while your Android (OS 4.0+) smartphone must be connected via Bluetooth. Your iPhone or Android smartphone will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, LTE (4G) or WiFi. In addition, you will need an active Pandora music service account.
- Station List: You can select Pandora stations from your Station List by date or alphabetically (A-Z).
- Skip Songs: You can skip song tracks within a station. You cannot skip back to a previous song. Pandora limits the number of skips allowed.
- Thumbs Up/Down: You can give songs a thumbs up or thumbs down to help Pandora personalize stations to suit your preferences.
Note: Access to the Pandora service will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone or smartphone to connect to the Internet. Pandora is not supported in Canada and only available in the United States.
AM/FM/Weather Band Radio: The built-in AM/FM tuner provides manual, seek, and preset tuning. It also offers a Local/Distant feature which allows you to only pull in strong local stations or try to reach out to more distant radio stations. In addition, it features a Weather Band tuner so you can stay ahead of the storms out on the water. You can store up to 12 FM station presets, 6 AM station presets, and 6 WB station presets.
- RBDS: The Radio Data System (RBDS) feature displays radio broadcast information such as artist & track information when listening to compatible AM/FM stations.
- Tuner Region: You can select between USA, Russia, Latin America, Asia, Japan, Middle East, Australia & Europe tuning.
SiriusXM-Ready: The Wet Sounds WS-MC2 is SiriusXM-Ready and compatible with the SiriusXM Connect Vehicle Tuner (220SXV300 sold separately). The SiriusXM Connect Vehicle Tuner supports SiriusXM programming with access to 140+ SiriusXM channels via subscription; check out the most popular SiriusXM subscription packages here. Additional features of the SiriusXM Connect tuner include -
- Channel list displays a list of all available channels
- Category Search searches for channels in a certain category
- Displayed Information such as Channel Name, Artist Name, Song Title, and Album Art can be viewed on the head unit's LCD
- Up to 18 SiriusXM Satellite Radio station presets
- Channels containing unsuitable content for children can be blocked
Note: A separate SiriusXM Satellite Radio subscription is required (operates on the XM Network). However, you can easily add this SiriusXM tuner to an existing Sirius or XM account for a Multi-Radio Discount Plan.
Aux Input: The Wet Sound's WS-MC2 is outfitted with a 3.5mm Aux input for connection of a portable digital audio player that features an analog output or headphone jack.
4-Channel Amplifier: The Wet Sounds WS-MC2 digital media receiver features a built-in 25 watt RMS (50W Peak ) x 4 channel amplifier that is 2-ohm stable, so it can handle up to eight speakers.
Note: You can completely bypass the internal amp and turn it off for greater efficiency when using solely external power amplifiers.
6-Channel Line Outputs: The Wet Sounds WS-MC2 is outfitted with three pair of line-level outputs; including Front L/R, Rear L/R, and Zone 2 L/R. The Zone 2 line-level output can also be used as a Subwoofer output. The Zone 2/Subwoofer outputs are a mixed mono signal and not stereo.
Dual Zone Audio: The digital media receiver's Zone 2 line output allows you to set up two zone of audio on your boat or vessel. The receiver's Front & Rear outputs are designated for the Main Zone, while the Zone 2 line-level outputs are used for Zone 2. You can increase or decrease the volume level in Zone 2. However, the unit's main volume control will still override final output of the Main & Zone 2 outputs when its adjusted. The same audio source is played back in both zones.
Equalizer: The Wet Sounds WS-MC2 offers 8 EQ presets - Flat, Rock, Classic, Acoustic, Dance, Electronic, Hip-Hop, and Custom. The Custom mode allows you to manually adjust its 7-band EQ (80, 250, 500 1k, 2k, 4k, 10k Hz) from -12 to +12.
Crossovers: The WS-MC2 offers a high-pass crossover for the front & rear outputs and a low-pass crossover for the subwoofer output (when activated).
- High-Pass Filter (HPF): The HPF controls the frequencies which are allowed to pass through the front & rear outputs. Choosing 60Hz, 80Hz, or 120Hz means that all frequencies below those will be blocked from passing. Choosing "All Pass Filter" will allow all frequencies to pass through the front outputs.
- Low-Pass Filter (LPF): The LPF is only available when the unit's Zone 2 output is set to "Subwoofer". This will control the frequencies which are allowed to pass through the subwoofer outputs. Choosing 60Hz, 80Hz, or 120Hz means that all frequencies above those will be blocked from passing. This would be ideal for an amplifier driving a subwoofer or a self-amplified subwoofer. Choosing "All Pass Filter" will allow all frequencies to pass through the subwoofer outputs. This would be ideal for an amplifier driving a set of Tower Speakers.
Sub Level: When the subwoofer line-level output is active, you can independently adjust its output level 0 to 20.
Source Gain: Often times the output of different sources varies widely, resulting in an abrupt volume change when switching from one source to another. This setting will compensate for that variance by allowing adjustment of the output of each source input individually with a range of -3dB to +3dB.
6 questions already asked