About the WyreStorm HDBaseT™ EX-70-H2X-ARC
Send 4K video to another room without a long HDMI cable
Send 4K video to another room without a long HDMI cable
The WyreStorm HDBaseT EX-70-H2X-ARC is a great choice for sending an HD or Ultra HD signal across a long distance. This package includes a transmitter and a receiver unit, which together send audio and video from one point to another through CAT-6 Ethernet cable.
These units support HDCP 2.2, video resolutions up to 4K, and HDR-encoded content. They're ideal for connecting an A/V receiver to an overhead projector or wall-mounted TV without using an ultra-long HDMI cable.
Flexible audio options
The EX-70-H2X-ARC features ARC (Audio Return Channel) over HDMI, as well as optical and coaxial digital audio connections. These give you multiple ways to send an audio signal from your TV to the rest of your WyreStorm distribution system, like audio from your TV's tuner, HDMI inputs, or built-in streaming apps.
Personalized system-building advice
We carry a full selection of audio/video distribution products for residential and commercial installations. And we're happy to help you choose the right gear. For expert advice and a free system proposal, submit a design request using the form below. We'll make sure you have everything you need to get your new system up and running smoothly.
Get a free system design
- audio/video signal extender system
- send audio and video over long distances through CAT-6 Ethernet cable
- includes an HDMI-to-Ethernet transmitter and a Ethernet-to-HDMI receiver
- supports 1080p video transmission up to 100 meters/328 ft.
- supports 4K Ultra HD video transmission up to 70 meters/230 ft.
- HDCP 2.2 compliant
- supports HDR- and 3D-encoded content
- HDBaseT 5Play™ feature set includes 4K video, multi-channel audio, 2-way IR and RS-232 control, PoH (Power over HDBaseT), and Ethernet pass-through
- ARC (Audio Return Channel) for sending audio from your TV to the WyreStorm transmitting device
- Toslink (optical digital) input allows for audio from a TV without ARC support to send signal to the transmitting device
- S/PDIF (Toslink and coaxial digital) outputs allow for extraction of source audio from HDMI/HDBaseT signals
- 2-way PoH for flexible installation options
- supply power to a single unit and share power between both units
- supports multi-channel audio formats, including Dolby Atmos® and DTS:X™
- supports stereo PCM audio signals
- bi-directional IR pass-through for relaying remote control commands
- RS-232 control when connected to a compatible HDBaseT transmission device with routable RS-232 capability
- EDID (Extended Display Identification Data) built into the transmitter for manual selection of source video and audio settings
- LED indicators for power, signal status, and more
- 12-volt DC power supply included
- two pairs of mounting brackets included (one pair for each unit)
- 8-11/16"W x 1"H x 3-9/16"D (dimensions are identical for the receiver and transmitter units)
- weight: 1.5 lbs. each
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # EX-70-H2X-ARC
What's in the box:
- 4K HDBaseT Extender
- 4K HDBaseT Transmitter
- AC power supply (w/ attached 6' DC cord)
- 4' AC power cord
- Two 3-pin screw-down phoenix-style connectors
- 2 IR emitters
- 2 IR receivers
- 4 Mounting brackets
- 4 Screws
- Two-sided tape
- Quickstart Guide
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the WyreStorm HDBaseT™ EX-70-H2X-ARC
HDBaseT Extender w/ 5Play Compliance: For extension of 4K UltraHD and HDR transmissions over long distances in residential or commercial applications, the EX-70-H2X-ARC features Class A HDBaseT technology with 5Play compliance for distribution of 4K UHD/HDR video, HD multichannel audio, bidirectional IR/RS-232, Ethernet Pass-Through, ARC (Audio Return Channel) and two-way PoH to remotely power either transmitter or receiver up to 230' (or 1080p up to 328') - all along a single Cat6 cable.
UHD 4K/HDR Compatible: With a revised chipset ensuring compatibility with current and future UHD source devices, including those outputting 4K HDR content where available, the EX-70-H2X-ARC supports the latest UltraHD and HDMI 2.0 video standards, as well as HDCP 2.2 compliance, for transmission up to 4K UHD @30hz 4:4:4 24bit / @60hz 4:2:0 8bit, and 4K HDR @24Hz 4:2:0 10bit BT.2020. It also support 3D video up to 1080p.
- Video Resolution via Ethernet: 1920x1080p @60Hz 12-bit (328') or 16-bit (230'), 3840x2160p @30Hz 4:4:4 8-bit (230') or @24Hz 4:20: HDR 10-bit (230'), 4096x2160p @60Hz 8-bit 4:2:0 (230')
- Video Resolution via HDMI: 1920x1080p @60Hz 12-bit (50') or 16-bit (23'), 3840x2160p @30Hz 4:4:4 8-bit (23') or @24Hz 4:20: HDR 10-bit (9.8'), 4096x2160p @60Hz 8-bit 4:2:0 (23') or @60Hz 8-bit 4:4:4 (23').
2CH PCM & Multichannel Audio Support: In terms of audio, the EX-70-H2X-ARC supports 2ch PCM audio and multi-channel audio up to 7.1ch (including DTS-X and Dolby Atmos).
PoH (Power-over-HDBaseT): PoH (Power-over-HDBaseT) enables power to be passed along the cable along with transmissions from a POH-enabled transmission device to power receivers at display zones without the need for local mains power for greater flexibility and convenience during installation, as well as improved energy efficiency compared to a permanent mains connection.
Note: The EX-70-H2X-ARC can supply power via PoH to the receiver or transmitter (not both). The included power supply must be used on either the transmitter or receiver in order for PoH to power the opposite device.
ARC (Audio Return Channel): The EX-70-H2X-ARC supports ARC (Audio Return Channel) or optical audio return to enable digital audio to be sent back to a compatible WyreStorm HDBaseT transmission device, such as an H2 model matrix switcher (sold separately). The included optical (toslink) input even allows for support of TV models without ARC-over-HDMI functionality. In addition, the two S/PDIF outputs (optical & coaxial) on the receiver can be used to breakout audio from the source device.
Note: To take full advantage of the features (including ARC) of this system, WyreStorm recommends the following Matrix Switchers be used within the system (MX-0606-HDBT-H2 or MX-0808-HDBT-H2, both sold separately). These switchers have an ARC function which is supported by the EX-70-H2X-ARC; other receivers may not support ARC.
Ethernet Pass-Through: The WyreStorm EX-70-H2X-ARC features Ethernet (RJ-45) Pass-Through ports for connection to a local area network and/or network device.
IR/Serial Control: The WyreStorm EX-70-H2X-ARC can transmit discreet wide-band, two-way IR control signal and serial control commands together within HDMI signal over a single Cat5e/6. Each unit features one IR RX 3.5mm port, one IR TX 3.5mm port, and a 3-Pin, RS-232 connector. Two IR emitters and two IR receivers are included in the box.
Note: Serial control via RS-232 only supported when connected to a compatible HDBaseT transmission device with routable RS-232.
Firmware Updates: Firmware updates can be done through the unit's 3-Pin, RS-232 connector.
Mounting Options: The EX-70-H2X-ARC offers a compact design that allows for easy placement behind a TV or display (mounting brackets included).