WyreStorm Express™ HDBaseT Extender with 2-way IR
HDMI-over-Ethernet audio/video signal extender for cable runs up to 50 meters
Item # 876HDBT50 | MFR # EXP-EX-HDBT-50
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the WyreStorm Express™ HDBaseT Extender with 2-way IR by Crutchfield's Steve Kindig
Send HD or Ultra HD video to another room without a long HDMI cable run
This new era of 4K Ultra HD video places heavy demands on equipment and cabling. Here's an effective way to move HD and Ultra HD signals around your home without cluttering your floor with long HDMI cables or compromising on picture quality. The WyreStorm Express™ EXP-EX-HDBT-50 system lets you distribute HD and Ultra HD video and multichannel audio using Ethernet cable (which many newer homes have pre-installed in the walls).
The heart of the system is two compact boxes: a transmitter, which connects via HDMI to your source, and a receiver, which connects via HDMI to your TV or projector. The two boxes are connected via CAT-5e/6 cable. This system can transmit crystal-clear 1080p HD video over distances up to 50 meters/164 ft., and Ultra HD video up to 25 meters/82 ft. By connecting additional units you can further extend the transmission distance. WyreStorm also carries two-way infrared (IR) remote control commands from both source and display locations.
To ensure maximum compatibility and reliable performance between source and display, the EXP-EX-HDBT-50 features EDID management to manually handle device communication and cable distance settings, allowing you to fine-tune signal extension based on the length of cable between the devices.
- HDBaseT Class B extender system sends HD and 4K Ultra HD video and multichannel audio over a single shielded or unshielded CAT-5e/6 cable
- two-piece system includes an HDMI-to-Ethernet transmitter and a Ethernet-to-HDMI receiver
- supports 1080p HD video up to 50 meters/164 ft., Ultra HD video up to 25 meters/82 ft.
- supports 4K Ultra HD video up to 30Hz (HDMI v1.4, HDCP 2.2)
- supports 3D applications for Blu-ray, and for cable/satellite broadcasts
- EDID (Extended Display Identification Data) management on transmitter and DIP setting on receiver for improved communication and compatibility between devices
- system can be cascaded by connecting additional extenders to further extend transmission distance
- wideband, two-way IR control of source and display (includes two IR transmitters and two IR receivers)
- includes two AC adapters and two sets of mounting brackets
- 4-13/16"W x 1-1/4"H x 6-15/16"D (dimensions are identical for both receiver and transmitter units)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- Note: HDMI cable length between devices should not exceed 10 meters/33 ft.
What's in the Box:
- HDMI-to-Ethernet ttransmitter
- Ethernet-to-HDMI receiver
- 2 AC power supplies (w/ attached 6' DC cords)
- 6 AC power plug inserts (US/EU/UK)
- IR emitter
- IR receiver
- 4 Mounting brackets
- 8 Machine screws
- Quick Start Guide
Why Shop With Us?12 Reasons.
HDMI-over-Ethernet: The WyreStorm Express EXP-EX-HDBT-50 extender features Class B HDBaseT technology for a HDBaseT extender solution over shorter distances up to 25m/82ft for 4K or 50m/164ft for 1080p transmissions Designed for smaller projects that may not require the feature set of full Class A HDBaseT yet still benefit from the signal stability and functions offered by this powerful technology, the EXP-EX-HDBT-50 extender comprises of a transmitter and receiver to distribute full, uncompressed HD and UHD video, HD multichannel audio with bidirectional IR control over distances of up to 25m/82ft for 4K or 50m/164ft for 1080p using a single shielded or unshielded Cat5e/6 cable.
- EDID Management: The EXP-EX-HDBT-50 transmitter includes EDID management to manually handle device communication via DIP switch setting, with receivers containing cable distance setting mode to encourage successful transmission if the distance of the cable run is an issue.
- ESD Protection: Both transmitters and receivers feature protection against ESD (electrostatic discharge) to further stabilize transmission with LED indication on the unit housing providing clear confirmation of power and signal link status.
- Expandable: The WyreStorm Express EXP-EX-HDBT-50 is also fully cascadable with distribution increased by connecting multiple extenders for greater flexibility, whatever the application.
Transmitter: The WyreStorm Express EXP-EX-HDBT-50 transmitter consists of a HDMI input for digital audio/video source connection, a Ethernet (RJ-45) output to connect to the EXP-EX-HDBT-50's receiver, 3.5mm IR emitter/receiver ports for two-way IR control, and a DC5V port for power.
Receiver: The WyreStorm Express EXP-EX-HDBT-50 receiver consists of a Ethernet (RJ-45) input to connect audio/video signal from the EXP-EX-HDBT-50's transmitter, a HDMI output for connection to your display, 3.5mm IR emitter/receiver ports for two-way IR control, and a DC5V port for power.
Audio/Video Signal: The WyreStorm Express EXP-EX-EXHDBT-50 transmitter and receiver features HDMI 1.4 + HDCP 2.2. The system supports video transmission of 640x480, 800x600, 1024x768, 1280x1024, 1600x1200, 1920x1080, 1920x1200, 3840x2160p (UHD), 4096x2160p (DCI), 480i, 576i, 480p, 576p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p, and 4Kx2K. It also supports Dolby Digital, DTS, Dolby TrueHD, DTS Master HD Multi-channel, and 7.1ch/5.1ch/2ch PCM audio.
2-Way IR Control: The WyreStorm Express EXP-EX-HDBT-50 features wide band, two-way IR control of source from display locations and display from source locations.
Video Amplifier Bandwidth: 6.75 Gbps
Input Video Signal: 0.51-1.0 volts p-p
Input DDC Signal: 5 volts p-p (TTL)
Maximum Single Link Range: 4096x2160p 24bit Color, 1920x1200p 36bit Color
Transmission Distance: 25m/82ft (max.) @ 4096x2160p, 50m/164ft (max.) @ 1920x1200p
Video Formats Supported: VESA: 640x480, 800x600, 1024x768, 1280x1024, 1600x1200, 1920x1080, 1920x1200, 3840x2160p (UHD), 4096x2160p (DCI) DTV/HDTV: 480i/576i/480p/576p/720p/1080i/1080p/4Kx2K
Output Video: HDMI 1.4+HDCP 2.2
Audio Formats Supported: Dolby Digital, DTS, Dolby TrueHD, DTS Master HD Multi-channel 7.1 / 5.1 Stereo audio (PCM only)
Power Supply: 5V DC (from mains)
Power Consumption: 5 Watts (max.)
BTU Rating: 25.59
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
I want to get 4k signal from my receiver to my new 4k tv. Cat6 wire in the wall already. [ Lance Dec 09, 2018 ]
To be used in our boardroom to connect to one of two screens [ SCOTT FILLON Nov 01, 2017 ]