About the WyreStorm MX-0404-H2
Mix and match four HDMI sources with four displays
Mix and match four HDMI sources with four displays
WyreStorm's MX-0404-H2 matrix switcher lets you send content from four HDMI sources — like cable boxes, Blu-ray players, or streaming devices — to four TVs, projectors, or monitors. Show a single source on all four displays, or show a different source on each one. Instant, seamless source switching lets you easily change up what ballgame, camera feed, or movie you want to display.
This matrix supports 1080p video transmission up to 15 meters (49 feet) and 4K video transmission up to 7 meters (23 feet). Flexible control options come courtesy of a web-based user interface, IR (infrared extender included), RS-232, or the included handheld remote control.
Personalized system-building advice
We carry a full selection of audio/video distribution products for residential and commercial installations. And we're happy to help you choose the right gear. For expert advice and a free system proposal, submit a design request using the form below. We'll make sure you have everything you need to get your new system up and running smoothly.
Get a free system design
- 4-input/4-output HDMI matrix switcher
Video and Audio Features:
- connect up to four HDMI sources like Blu-ray players, cable or satellite boxes, security systems, or streaming devices
- distribute 4K video to up to four displays
- play the same source on each display, or choose a different source for each display
- ideal for displaying sporting events or digital signage in small- to medium-sized bars, restaurants, or other retail spaces
- enjoy instant, seamless source switching with QuickSync™
- supports 1080p video transmission up to 15 meters/49 ft.
- supports 4K Ultra HD video transmission up to 7 meters/23 ft.
- HDMI inputs and outputs support bandwidth of up to 18 Gbps
- HDCP 2.2 compliant
- supports HDR-encoded content
- supports multi-channel audio formats, including Dolby Atmos® and DTS:X™
Setup and Control:
- set up and control the system through a web-based user interface over LAN
- additional control available through IR (infrared), RS-232, and handheld remote control
- infrared receiver included for use with 3rd-party remote or IR extender systems
- front-panel navigation buttons for source and display selection
- SmartEDID feature detects display and source capabilities and automatically sets the highest resolution
- AC power supply and remote control included
- rack-mountable (1U height)
- mounting brackets included
Dimensions and Warranty:
- 17-3/8"W x 1-3/4""H x 11-7/8"D
- weight: 8.7 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # MX-0404-H2
What's in the box:
- 4x4 HDMI matrix switcher
- 51" AC power cord
- Remote control
- IR receiver
- 6' USB-to-ART serial cable
- 2 Brackets
- 8 Screws
- Quickstart Guide
More details on the WyreStorm MX-0404-H2
4x4 HDMI Matrix Switcher: The WyreStorm MX-0404-H2 HDMI Matrix Switcher is equipped with four HDMI 2.0 inputs and four HDMI 2.0 outputs (all HDCP 2.2 compatible). It offers independent switching and control of up to four 4K UHD/HDR HDMI sources to up to four individual 4K UHD/HDR HDMI display devices. The MX-0404-H2 allows you to route any of its HDMI inputs to any of its HDMI outputs. Ultra HD video transmissions are supported up to 4K@60Hz 8-bit (4:2:0), 4K@30Hz 8-bit (4:4:4), and 4K HDR @24Hz 10-bit (4:2:0); along with HD multichannel audio up to DTS:X and Dolby Atmos.
HDMI 2.0: With HDCP 2.2 support and 18Gb/s bandwidth on all four HDMI inputs and four HDMI outputs as per HDMI 2.0 video standards, the MX-0404-H2 more than manages the local distribution and control of full-bandwidth 4K UHD and HDR content with full compatibility with the latest broadcast standards and next generation 4K UHD source devices and content. It also support 1080p and 3D video (up to 1080p), as well as multichannel audio.
- Supported Video Resolutions: 1920x1080p @60Hz 12-bit (up to 50'), 3840x2160p @30Hz 4:4:4 8-bit (up to 23') or @24Hz 4:2:0 HDR 10-bit (up to 9.8'), 4096x2160p @60Hz 8-bit 4:2:0 (up to 23') or @60Hz 8-bit 4:4:4 (up to 23')
- Color Depth: 16-bit Deep Color (1080p), 8-bit (4K UHD), 10-bit BT.2020 (4K HDR)
- Supported Audio Formats: 2ch PCM and multichannel audio (including Dolby Atmos & DTS:X).
QuickSync & SmartEDID Technologies: Additional features include WyreStorm's QuickSync technology for instant seamless source switching and their SmartEDID feature that dynamically detects display/source capabilities and automatically outputs the highest possible resolution. If you prefer, you can also use manual EDID management via DIP switches to read and copy EDID from connected devices to aid communication and device compatibility.
Flexible Control Options: Flexible control options are offered with local IR and 3.5mm input to receive local IR commands out of line-of-sight using the included remote control handset, LAN using the integrated WyreStorm WebUI for I/O switching and advanced matrix configuration, or RS-232 with compatibility with major control systems, including WyreStorm Enado.
Web User Interface: In addition to control via the front-panel, included remote handset, and RS232, the MX-0404-H2 also incorporates an intuitive web interface for control of source/display switching, matrix configuration, and advanced matrix features. To use the web interface, the HDMI Matrix Switcher must first be physically connected to an Ethernet network to obtain an IP address. The web user interface will display on your laptop or computer that is connected to the same network.
Note: Up to 8 WyreStorm network devices can be connected to the same Matrix Web Interface at the same time. Configuration of the UI can be carried out by any connected device at any time as no priority is given to the devices, with switching and configuration of the UI carried out by any connected device at any time.
Mounting Options: The MX-0404-H2 is housed within a 1U chassis and can be rack-mounted or table-top mounted.
Power Requirements: The MX-0404-H2 includes a detachable 51" AC power cord which will need to be plugged into an AC wall outlet, surge protector, or power conditioner.