WyreStorm HDBaseT™ RX-70-4K-ARC
HDMI-over-Ethernet audio/video signal receiver with ARC (Audio Return Channel)
Our take on the WyreStorm HDBaseT™ RX-70-4K-ARC by Crutchfield's Kramer Crane
Receive a 4K video signal without a long HDMI cable
The WyreStorm HDBaseT RX-70-4K-ARC receiver accepts an incoming HD video signal from a compatible WyreStorm matrix, transmitter, or presentation switcher. It converts its Ethernet input to an HDMI output, so you can position it near your TV or monitor and use a short HDMI cable for connection.
This receiver supports both HDCP 2.2 and HDR-encoded content, making it ideal for providing a high-quality signal to a 4K projector or wall-mounted TV.
Flexible audio options
The RX-70-4K-ARC features ARC (Audio Return Channel) over HDMI, as well as optical and coaxial digital audio connections. These give you multiple ways to send an audio signal from your TV to the rest of your WyreStorm distribution system, like audio from your TV's tuner, HDMI inputs, or built-in streaming apps.
Personalized system-building advice
We carry a full selection of audio/video distribution products for residential and commercial installations. And we're happy to help you choose the right gear. For expert advice and a free system proposal, submit a design request using the form below. We'll make sure you have everything you need to get your new system up and running smoothly.
Get a free system design
- Ethernet-to-HDMI audio/video signal receiver (requires compatible transmitter for operation)
- receives audio and video over long distances through CAT-6 Ethernet cable
- supports 1080p video transmission up to 100 meters/328 ft.
- supports 4K Ultra HD video transmission up to 70 meters/230 ft.
- HDCP 2.2 compliant
- supports HDR- and 3D-encoded content
- HDBaseT 5Play™ feature set includes 4K video, multi-channel audio, 2-way IR and RS-232 control, PoH (Power over HDBaseT), and Ethernet pass-through
- ARC (Audio Return Channel) for sending audio from your TV to the WyreStorm transmitting device
- Toslink (optical digital) input allows for audio from a TV without ARC support to send signal to the transmitting device
- S/PDIF (Toslink and coaxial digital) outputs allow for extraction of source audio from HDMI/HDBaseT signals
- PoH support for flexible installation options
- receiver draws power from matrix so no local power supply is required at the display location
- supports multi-channel audio formats, including Dolby Atmos® and DTS:X™
- supports stereo PCM audio signals
- bi-directional IR pass-through for relaying remote control commands
- RS-232 control when connected to a compatible HDBaseT transmission device
- LED indicators for power, signal status, and more
- mounting brackets included
- 8-11/16"W x 1"H x 3-9/16"D
- weight: 1.3 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- HDBaseT POH display receiver
- IR emitter
- IR receiver
- Phoenix-connector (3-pin)
- 2 Brackets
- 2 Screws
- Two-sided tape
- Quickstart Guide
Why Shop With Us?12 Reasons.
Class A HDBaseT Technology w/ 5Play Compliance: The WyreStorm RX-70-4K-ARC Display Receiver brings 5Play compliance to long distance 4K HDBaseT distribution. Designed to be used as part of a WyreStorm HDBaseT in-wall transmission extender solution or PoH-enabled matrix switcher integration, the RX-70-4K-ARC receiver features powerful Class A HDBaseT technology and a full 5Play feature set including 4K HDR video up to 230' or 1080p/60Hz up to 328', HD multichannel audio, bidirectional control via IR and RS-232, Ethernet Pass-Through and ARC (Audio Return Channel), as well as PoH power to display zones all along a single Cat6 cable.
Note: Although the RX-70-4K-ARC has been tested with Cat5e, WyreStorm recommends Cat6 due to increased bandwidth and improved capacity for handling large transmissions along a single cable.
PoH (Power-over-HDBaseT): PoH (Power-over-HDBaseT) enables power to be passed along the cable along with transmissions from a POH-enabled transmission device to power receivers at display zones without the need for local mains power for greater flexibility and convenience during installation, as well as improved energy efficiency compared to a permanent mains connection.
Note: If local power is required, the RX-70-4K-ARC offers additional 12v power connectivity via threaded bushings for both standard or locking DC power plugs.
Supported Video Resolutions: The WyreStorm RX-70-4K-ARC is HDCP 2.2 compliant and supports Ultra HD 4K video transmissions up to 230' and HD 1080p video transmissions up to 328'. It is also BT.2020 (wide color gamut) and HDR (high dynamic range) compatible. In addition it is 3D video compatible (up to 1080p) with frame packing/sequential (Blu-ray) and interlaced stereoscopic (satellite/cable broadcasts).
- Input Resolutions via Cat6: 1920x1080p @60Hz 36-bit (328') / 48-bit (230'), 3840x2160p @30Hz 4:4:4 24-bit (230') / @24Hz 4:2:0 HDR 10-bit (230'), 4096x2160p @60Hz 4:2:0 24-bit (230')
- Output Resolutions via HDMI: 1920x1080p @60Hz 36-bit (50') / 48-bit (23'), 3840x2160p @30Hz 4:4:4 24-bit (23') / @24Hz 4:2:0 HDR 10-bit (9.8'), 4096x2160p @60Hz 24-bit 4:2:0 or 4:4:4 (23')
Note: A WyreStorm EXP-CON-4K-DD scaler (sold separately) may be required for installations combining both combined 4K and 1080p HD equipment.
Supported Audio Formats: The WyreStorm RX-70-4K-ARC Display Receiver supports 2ch PCM and multichannel audio (including DTS Master HD, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Atmos, and DTS:X).
HDMI 2.0 Output: The WyreStorm RX-70-4K-ARC is outfitted with a HDMI 2.0 output that is HDCP 2.2 compliant. The HDMI 2.0 output supports Ultra HD 4K/HDR (High Dynamic Range) video. Use a premium high-speed 18Gbps HDMI cable (no longer than 23') for the best 4K/HDR performance.
ARC (Audio Return Channel): Free the audio from your SmartTV with the RX-70-4K-ARC HDBaseT receiver supporting ARC or optical audio return to enable digital audio to be sent back to a compatible WyreStorm HDBaseT transmission device, such as an H2 model matrix switcher (sold separately). The included optical (toslink) input even allows for support of TV models without ARC-over-HDMI functionality. In addition, the two S/PDIF outputs (optical & coaxial) on the receiver can be used to breakout audio from the source device.
Note: To take full advantage of the features (including ARC) of this receiver, WyreStorm recommends the following Matrix Switchers be used within the system (MX-0606-HDBT-H2 or MX-0808-HDBT-H2, both sold separately). These switchers have an ARC function which is supported by the RX-70-4K-ARC; other receivers may not support ARC.
Ethernet Pass-Through: The WyreStorm RX-70-4K-ARC features an Ethernet (RJ-45) Pass-Through port for connection of a network enabled display.
2-Way IR Control: The WyreStorm RX-70-4K-ARC Display Receiver transmits discrete wide-band 2-way IR control signals together within the HDMI signal over a single Cat5e/6 cable run.
- For two-way IR control of connected source and display, connect IR TX emitters from IR TX port of the transmission device and receiver to the IR receiving area of the source on the display. Care should be taken to firmly attach emitters directly over the infrared receiving area of devices. Location of the emitter eye may need to be adjusted later to achieve best IR performance.
- For use with a control system, an IR Link cable (sold separately) should be connected from the transmission device IR RX port to the controller used. An IR receiver should be connected from the IR RX port of the RX-70-4K-ARC to the display, placing the receiver eye on or near the display in clear line of sight to the remote handset used to control
RS-232 Port: A 3-pin, RS-232 port provides 3rd party remote control and is used for firmware updates. For an RS-232-based control system, an RS-232 cable should be connected from the transmission device to control system and between the RX-70-4K-ARC and display to enable serial control between devices. Serial control at display end requires a compatible model WyreStorm matrix featuring compatible HDBaseT transmission device with routable RS-232.
LED Status Indicators: Signal and device activity is indicated by panel LEDs for power supply, signal status for established display connection, Link for confirmed HDBaseT connection between matrix/receiver and HDCP presence in signal - all giving instant visual confirmation of operational status and helping to identify potential issues.
Mounting Options: The WyreStorm RX-70-4K-ARC Display Receiver has a low-profile chassis that is capable of placement behind even the slimmest TV and display wall-mounts.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.