About the WyreStorm HDBaseT™ RX-70-POH
Receive a 4K video signal without a long HDMI cable
Receive a 4K video signal without a long HDMI cable
This WyreStorm HDBaseT receiver accepts an incoming HD video signal from compatible WyreStorm matrices, transmitters, or presentation switchers. It converts its Ethernet input to an HDMI output, so you can position it near your TV or monitor and use a short HDMI cable for connection.
This receiver supports both HDCP 2.2 and HDR-encoded content, making it ideal for providing a high-quality signal to a 4K projector or wall-mounted TV.
Personalized system-building advice
We carry a full selection of audio/video distribution products for residential and commercial installations. And we're happy to help you choose the right gear. For expert advice and a free system proposal, submit a design request using the form below. We'll make sure you have everything you need to get your new system up and running smoothly.
Get a free system design
- Ethernet-to-HDMI audio/video signal receiver (requires compatible transmitter for operation)
- receives audio and video over long distances through CAT-6 Ethernet cable
- supports 1080p video transmission up to 70 meters/230 ft.
- supports 4K Ultra HD video transmission up to 35 meters/115 ft.
- HDCP 2.2 compliant
- supports HDR- and 3D-encoded content
- PoH (power over HDBaseT) support for flexible installation options
- receiver draws power from matrix so no local power supply is required at the display location
- supports multi-channel audio formats, including Dolby Atmos® and DTS:X™
- supports stereo PCM audio signals
- bi-directional IR pass-through for relaying remote control commands
- RS-232 control when connected to a compatible HDBaseT transmission device with routable RS-232 capability
- LED indicators for power, signal status, and more
- mounting brackets included
- 7-3/16"W x 3/4"H x 3-3/4"D
- weight: .4 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # RX-70-POH
What's in the box:
- HDBaseT POH display receiver
- IR emitter
- IR receiver
- Phoenix-connector (3-pin)
- Phoenix-connector (2-pin)
- 2 Brackets
- 2 Screws
- Quickstart Guide
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the WyreStorm HDBaseT™ RX-70-POH
HDBaseT POH Display Receiver: Tailor-made for WyreStorm POH matrix and POH presentation switcher applications, the RX-70-POH offers flexibility and reliability combined with innovative features and an ease of use to deliver Ultra HD video and HD multichannel audio, along with remote power, as well as IR and RS232 control - all on a single Cat5e/6 cable that removes the need for additional control, video cables and power supplies on installations, whether in a residential or commercial setting.
Class B HDBaseT Technology: The RX-70-POH Display Receiver utilizes powerful Class B HDBaseT technology to receive transmissions of uncompressed 4K@60Hz up to 114' and full 1080p HD video@60Hz/36bit up to 230', along with HD multichannel audio, 2-way IR control, RS232, and remote power from WyreStorm PoH matrices, transmitters or presentation switchers (all sold separately) along a single Cat5e/6 cable.
Note: Although the RX-70-POH is tested with Cat5e, WyreStorm recommends Cat6 due to increased bandwidth and improved capacity for handling large transmissions along a single cable.
PoH (Power-over-HDBaseT): PoH (Power-over-HDBaseT) enables power to be passed along the cable along with transmissions from a POH-enabled transmission device to power receivers at display zones without the need for local mains power for greater flexibility and convenience during installation, as well as improved energy efficiency compared to a permanent mains connection.
Note: If local power is required, the RX-70-POH offers additional 12v power connectivity via threaded bushings for both standard or locking DC power plugs and phoenix connector.
Supported Video Resolutions: The WyreStorm RX-70-POH is HDCP 2.2 compliant and supports 114' Ultra HD 4K transmission up to 4096x2160@30/60Hz (4:2:0), as well as 230' HD transmission distances of 1080p, 1080i, 720p with screen refresh rates of 24Hz, 30Hz, 50Hz and 60Hz. 24-Bit True color is supported for 4K, while 36-Bit Deep Color is supported for 1080p. It is also 3D video compatible (up to 1080p) with frame packing/sequential (Blu-ray) and interlaced stereoscopic (satellite/cable broadcasts).
- Input Resolutions: 480i, 576i, 480p, 576p, 720p@50, 720p@60, 1080p@24, 1080i@25, 1080i@30, 1080p@30, 1080p@50, 1080p@60, 3840/4096x2160@30/60Hz (4:2:0)
- Output Resolutions: 480i, 576i, 480p, 576p, 720p@50, 720p@60, 1080p@24, 1080i@25, 1080i@30, 1080p@30, 1080p@50, 1080p@60, 3840/4096x2160@30/60Hz (4:2:0)
Note: A WyreStorm EXP-CON-4K-DD scaler (sold separately) may be required for installations combining both combined 4K and 1080p HD equipment.
Supported Audio Formats: The WyreStorm RX-70-POH Display Receiver supports 2ch PCM and multichannel audio (including 7.1ch DTS Master HD and Dolby TrueHD).
HDMI Output: The WyreStorm RX-70-POH is outfitted with a HDMI 1.4 output that is HDCP 2.2 compliant. The HDMI output supports High-Speed HDMI cables that have been tested to perform at speeds of 340Mhz or up to 10.2Gbps. Use a High Speed HDMI cable that is no longer than 49'.
2-Way IR Control: The WyreStorm RX-70-POH Display Receiver transmits discrete wide-band 2-way IR control signals together within the HDMI signal over a single Cat5e/6 cable run.
- For two-way IR control of connected source and display, connect IR TX emitters from IR TX port of the transmission device and receiver to the IR receiving area of the source on the display. Care should be taken to firmly attach emitters directly over the infrared receiving area of devices. Location of the emitter eye may need to be adjusted later to achieve best IR performance.
- For use with a control system, an IR Link cable (sold separately) should be connected from the transmission device IR RX port to the controller used. An IR receiver should be connected from the IR RX port of the RX-70-POH to the display, placing the receiver eye on or near the display in clear line of sight to the remote handset used to control
RS-232 Port: A 3-pin, RS-232 port provides 3rd party remote control and is used for firmware updates. For an RS-232-based control system, an RS-232 cable should be connected from the transmission device to control system and between the RX-70-POH and display to enable serial control between devices. Serial control at display end requires a compatible model WyreStorm matrix featuring compatible HDBaseT transmission device with routable RS-232.
Mounting Options: The WyreStorm RX-70-POH Display Receiver has a low-profile chassis that is capable of placement behind even the slimmest TV and display wall-mounts.