About the Audeze Euclid
Top-shelf Audeze performance in a portable design
The Audeze Euclid's 18mm planar magnetic drivers are housed inside earbuds made of precision-milled aluminum and carbon fiber.
Top-shelf Audeze performance in a portable design
Here are Audeze's first-ever in-ear monitors (IEMs) to use a closed-back design. The high-end audio company miniaturized their cutting-edge planar magnetic drivers to fit the Euclid's compact earbud design, more suitable for on-the-go listening. I'll get into how they did it — and why it's so remarkable. But first, let me break down some sonic characteristics of this special driver design.
I have a sample on the way, so I haven't heard the Euclid earbuds yet — but I do know Audeze planar drivers. In general, you can expect a clean, even sound with rich detail and precise impulse control. They deliver an open, spacious sound with nuanced, lifelike dynamics.
Versatile and efficient
It usually takes a lot of power to drive planar headphones, but the Euclid IEMs are much more flexible and efficient. Audeze designed them to work with a portable music player — and even a phone or laptop. A braided, detachable cable snaps into each earbud using an MMCX connection and connects to your gear with a standard 3.5mm stereo miniplug.
The evolution of Audeze planar magnetic headphones
Simply put, planar magnetic drivers aren't supposed to fit into an earbud. I don't know how strongly I can stress this. They traditionally rely on two sets of heavy-duty magnets flanking either side of a thin, yet extra-large, diaphragm. The magnets move the diaphragm back and forth to generate sound. For years, headphone aficionados have endured super-sized, heavyweight over-ear planar magnetic 'phones — for the payoff of amazing sound.
Inside each earbud, there's a single planar magnetic driver with an ultra-thin diaphragm and powerful magnet array.
Then Audeze came along and started experimenting. The SoCal audio experts humbly arrived on the scene in 2009, with only half of a display booth at that year's Los Angeles CanJam headphone festival. But they quickly made a name for themselves among hardcore headphone fans for their state-of-the-art take on planar magnetic design.
Smaller diaphragms with more than double the magnet strength
Audeze's engineers developed thinner, lighter diaphragms that eventually led to the 18mm versions inside the Euclid earbuds. They also figured out how to greatly increase efficiency by laying out their magnet array in an asymmetrical pattern. In other words: fewer magnets, yet stronger magnetic attraction.
And now high-performance IEMs that can fit in a small case and travel with you everywhere.
Secure and comfortable with an isolating seal
In-ear headphones are only as good as their fit. It's crucial for comfort and sonic performance, including bass extension and proper imaging. Audeze includes nine pairs of ear tips in a variety of styles to ensure a snug, secure fit.
That's three sizes of their silicone tips, three SpinFit® tips, and three of my personal favorite, Comply™ foam tips. The foam contours and expands into place to create a noise-isolating seal — all while avoiding notorious pressure points. You further secure the earbuds by wrapping the cable around your ear.
- wired planar-magnetic in-ear monitor (IEM) headphones
- closed-back design for on-the-go listening
- accurate, well-balanced sound
- requires less powerful amplification than typical planar magnetic headphones
- we recommend a separate headphone amplifier for optimum sound quality
- lightweight earbuds housings made of precision-milled aluminum and carbon fiber
- 18mm planar magnetic driver in each earpiece
- ultra-thin diaphragm starts, stops, and moves swiftly within a powerful magnetic field
- offers enhanced dynamics and detailed sound
- Fluxor™ magnetic technology increases efficiency to keep headphones smaller and lighter
- Uniforce™ diaphragm technology greatly reduces distortion
- voice-coil etched across entire diaphragm to eliminate movement variations within the magnetic field
General Info and Specs:
- detachable 47-inch braided OCC silver-plated cable with 3.5mm connector
- gold-plated MMCX earpiece connectors on each earpiece
- 9 pairs of ear tips included
- 3 sizes of smooth silicone tips
- 3 sizes of silicone SpinFit tips for extra security
- 3 sizes of Comply foam tips for better noise isolation
- Pelican 1020 hard case included
- hand-made in Audeze's Southern California headquarters
- designed by BMW DesignWorks USA
- frequency response: 10-50,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 105 dB
- impedance: 12 ohms
- weight: 0.52 ounces (without cable)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 115-IE-1000-01
What's in the box:
- Left and right in-ear earbuds (black/gold)
- 3 Pairs of black silicone ear tips (1 pair installed)
- 3 Pairs of SpinFit silicone ear tips
- 3 Pairs of Comply memory foam ear tips
- 43" Braided audio cable (MMCX connectors + straight 3.5mm plug)
- Cleaning tool
- Clothing clip
- Mesh fabric bag
- Clear plastic hinged travel case with attached carabiner
- Certificate of Authenticity card
- User Guide/Drivers URL card
Audeze Euclid reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Audeze Euclid
Features & specs
|Earcup Width x Height||0.966" x 0.928"|
|Mic For Taking Calls||No|
|Voice Assistant Access|
|Frequency Response||10-50k Hz|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year (3 Yrs drivers)|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year (3 Yrs drivers)|
Overview: Euclid is an advanced, closed-back in-ear headphone with Audeze's planar magnetic sound technology. Euclid comes with a premium braided cable with a straight 3.5mm plug, and a wide variety of silicone and memory foam ear tips. A mesh fabric pouch and a clear plastic, hinged travel case are included for storing the headphones. The drivers carry a 3-year warranty, while the cable and other components have a 1-year warranty.
Planar Magnetic Technology: The Euclid headphones feature a miniaturized 18mm single planar magnetic driver with Audeze's patented Fazor™ waveguides to correct the distortion and phase issues that are common in closed-back dynamic in-ear headphones. The single driver design needs no crossover, which results in consistent sound across the frequency spectrum. The driver design also includes Audeze's patented Fluxor™ magnetic array and ultra-thin diaphragms with Uniforce™ voice coils. The result is improved sensitivity, low distortion, and astounding sound quality. Each unit is handcrafted in California. The drivers are housed in a precision-milled aluminum body with an elegant matte black finish with a layer of carbon fiber and a gold accent.
Cable: Euclid comes with a 43" braided cable with a straight 3.5mm plug. On the other end, the cable has curved reinforcement sleeves that wrap the cable over and around your ear for enhanced stability. The universal MMCX connectors let you easily remove the cable for cleaning or for storage. Third-party aftermarket cables with MMCX connectors can also be used with Euclid ear buds. A clothing clip is included to secure the cable.
Ear Tips: Euclid is designed to fit into the ear canal. It comes with a total of nine pairs of ear tips: 3 pairs (small, medium, large) of black Audeze silicone ear tips, 3 pairs (S, M, L) of translucent SpinFit silicone ear tips, and 3 pairs (S, M, L) of Comply memory foam ear tips. A cleaning tool is included for removing ear wax and other materials from the ear tips and ear buds.
Amplification: Euclid in-ear headphones are efficient enough to be used with most smartphones, tablets, and portable digital music players. However, connecting the headphones to a high-quality headphone amplifier will dramatically improve the sound quality.
Storage: The headphones come with a mesh fabric pouch with a drawstring to store your headphones between uses. Also included is a clear plastic Pelican 1010 Micro Travel Case to protect the headphones while you travel. The case is watertight (30 minutes), crushproof, and dustproof, and features a carabiner to clip the case to your belt, backpack, or luggage.
- Frequency Response: 10Hz to 50kHz
- Type: Closed-back planar magnetic in-ear headphones
- Magnetic Structure: Fluxor magnetic array
- Magnet Type: Neodymium N50
- Diaphragm Type: Ultra-thin Uniforce
- Transducer Size: 18mm
- Sound Port Diameter: 5mm
- Maximum Power Handling: 500mW
- Minimum Recommended Power: >50mW
- Maximum SPL: >120dB
- Sensitivity: 105dB/1mW (at Drum Reference Point)
- Total Harmonic Distortion: < 0.1% @ 100dB SPL
- Impedance: 12 ohms
- Dimensions: Width 0.966", Height 0.928", Depth 1.092"
- Weight: 1.35 ounces (including cable), 0.6 ounces (without cable)