About the Audeze iSINE 20
Unique in-ear design for transparent, open-air sound
Thanks to Audeze's cutting-edge planar technology, the iSINE 20 earbuds sound more spacious than a lot of over-ears.
Unique in-ear design for transparent, open-air sound
Audeze's iSINE 20 headphones feature the same break-through design as their sibling iSINE 10s, and I found they sounded even more spacious and detailed. The company shrunk their planar magnetic drivers — which are traditionally found inside their extra-large over-ear headphones — and fit them into a compact in-ear design.
For this model, they've included an extra-long voice coil that improves the precision and the depth of the sound. It also helps reduce distortion. The iSINE 10s are impressive headphones, but the iSINE 20s give you an even better-defined sense of space.
More than just a Lightning cable
Audeze also included a detachable Apple® Lightning cable with its own built-in 24-bit DAC, so you can plug them directly into your iPhone® or iPad®. (You'll find a traditional 3.5mm cable, too.)
And this special "Cipher" Lightning cable offers more than just a way to play nice with your Apple device. You also get a built-in DAC and headphone amp that Audeze has precisely matched to these drivers. This means you get serious punch and clarity, just by plugging into your phone.
Planar-magnetic drivers: the basics
So how do planar magnetic headphones usually work? A large yet ultra-thin diaphragm is suspended within a magnetic field. It is covered with a flexible circuit. When the circuit receives an audio signal, the diaphragm moves back and forth to create sound. It starts and stops rapidly for clean and accurate sound across a wide frequency range.
How did Audeze fit that technology into an earbud?
The diaphragms used in the iSINE 20s are a fraction of the size used in most planar magnetic 'phones. Still, you can probably tell from the pictures that these headphones are bigger than most in-ear models. You stick the earbuds in your ears while the planar drivers actually sit outside.
To make up for the loss in diaphragm size, Audeze uses their super-powerful Fluxor magnets to provide quicker movement. These magnets are nearly double the power of a traditional magnet, making the iSINE 20 drivers incredibly efficient.
- one of the world's first in-ear planar magnetic in-ear headphones
- open-back design for warm, spacious soundstage
- 30mm planar magnetic driver in each earpiece
- ultra-thin diaphragm starts, stops, and moves swiftly within a powerful magnetic field
- offers enhanced dynamics and detailed sound
- Fluxor™ magnetic technology increases efficiency to keep headphones smaller and lighter
- Uniforce™ diaphragm technology greatly reduces distortion
- longer Uniforce voice-coil than used on iSINE 10 headphones
- voice-coil etched across entire diaphragm to eliminate movement variations within the magnetic field
- tested inside a sound-proof enclosure to ensure the drivers are accurately matched
General Info and Specs:
- ear hooks keep headphones stable and comfortable
- silicone ear tips included
- detachable Lightning listening cable included for high-definition audio from an iPhone or iPad
- cable includes built-in DAC and headphone amp
- Siri®-compatible microphone for voice commands and phone calls
- detachable 59-inch flat audio cable with a 3.5mm plug
- made of durable materials
- designed by BMW DesignWorks USA
- frequency response: 10-50,000 Hz
- impedance: 24 ohms
- weight: 0.7 ounces (without cable)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 110-IE-1010-01
What's in the box:
- In-ear headphones
- 59" Cipher cable with in-line remote/mic (with 2-pin connectors on one end and an Apple Lightning connector on other end)
- 59" Audio cable (with 2-pin connectors on one end and straight 3.5mm plug on other end)
- 3 Pairs of ear tips (1 pr installed)
- 2 Pairs of Surefire EarLock retention rings (Med/Large)
- 2 Pairs of ear hooks (black/translucent)
- Clothing clip
- Ear tip cleaning tool
- Certificate of Authenticity card
- User Guide on USB drive
Audeze iSINE 20 reviews
I love these and use them a lot. That such sound could come from in ear headphones is mind boggling. Great investment unsound candy for the ears!!
Pros: Great sound,easy to use , lightweight!Totally Awesome!!
0 of 0 found this helpful
Surprisingly comfortable and easy to wear at home. Ear hooks keep them in place and actually more secure than other IEMs I've used. Inline Cipher control is light enough not to pull on them. Cable is long enough. Sound quality is different from other IEMs and headphones. Amazing detail, clarity and soundstage. You will hear detail you didn't know was on songs you listened to for years. But, doesn't change or color the music beyond that. The factory EQ settings are very good, but I changed them slightly to get more high end sparkle and life. Some more background comes through on poor recordings, but overall it suits me better. So easy to make changes and compare to stock if on the iPad which shows both graphs. Using with iPod Touch 6h Gen mostly which only shows current settings. Volume is sufficient. Any louder wouldn't be safe for long term listening. Compared to IE800 and HD700/HD800, the isine20 is my choice now without any doubt. Not needing an amp makes it very convenient. Very good value too. All you need is an iPod Touch, iPhone or iPad. Also used with standard cable and Fiio E12 amp on iPod Nano7 and quite good. Cipher is best though. Don't dismiss these because they look funny - you will be amazed by the sound. Most IEMs sound good, but are prone to pulling out and needing constant adjustment. For me, the search is over, compared to currently available IEMs and headphones.
Pros: Fantastic sound with Cipher cable and App. More comfortable and wearable than it looks.
Cons: Open design not for noisy environments or flying. Won't work with iPod Nano.
4 of 4 found this helpful
More details on the Audeze iSINE 20
Features & specs
|Earcup Width x Height||1.298" x 1.6"|
|Mic For Taking Calls||Yes|
|Frequency Response||10-50k Hz|
|Cord Length||59" + 59"|
|1/4-inch Adapter Included||No|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year (3 Yrs Drivers)|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year (3 Yrs Drivers)|
Overview: The Audeze iSINE is the world's first full-range in-ear planar magnetic headphone. The iSINE 20 comes with two 59" cables--one designed for use with Apple iPhone/iPad/iPod touch, and one universal cable. The headphones come with two pairs of ear hooks, two pairs of ear locks, an assortment of rubber ear tips, and a handy storage case.
Planar Magnetic Technology: The iSINE Series headphones are a miniaturized, in-ear version of Audeze's flagship LCD collection of planar magnetic over-ear headphones. The iSINE 20 features large (30mm) ultra-thin planar magnetic diaphragms with the patented Uniforce voice-coil technology and a single-sided Fluxor magnetic array for greater accuracy and clarity. The iSINE 20 has a longer Uniforce voice coil than the iSINE 10, providing greater coverage over the magnetic diaphragms, giving the driver better control, better bass and clarity, and improved imaging. Even at high volumes, the distortion (THD) is less that 0.1% overall.
CIPHER Cable: The iSINE 20 comes with the award-winning CIPHER Lightning cable, which is especially optimized for the iSINE series and for Apple mobile devices. The cable bypasses the iDevice's internal DAC/amplifier, and streams a 24-bit high resolution signal directly to the in-line module. The module is equipped with a high-quality in-line amplifier, a digital-to-analog converter, and DSP (digital signal processor), plus a 3-button remote and microphone. The CIPHER cable is compatible with Lightning Connector-enabled iPhones, iPads, and iPod touch. A universal audio cable is also included for non-Apple devices.
Audeze App: With the accompanying Audeze app, you can take advantage of a 10-band EQ that lets you adjust the sound in real time. You can adjust the following bands by + or - 10dB: 32Hz, 64Hz, 125Hz, 250Hz, 500Hz, 1kHz, 2kHz, 4kHz, 8kHz, and 16kHz. You can save your favorite two EQ curves for later use, as they are stored in a non-volatile memory. The saved EQ curves can be used as you switch from one Apple device to another. The Audeze app requires iOS 8.1 or later, and is available for free download from the Apple iTunes App Store.
Fit: The iSINE 20 is designed to fit into the ear canal. It comes with three pairs (small, medium, large) of silicone ear tips to assure a correct fit. Two pairs (medium, large) of durable polymer Surefire EarLock retention rings comfortable lock the headphones into key points of your outer ear and keep them securely in your ear. There are also two pairs of ear hooks (black and translucent) that go behind the ear to hold the headphones in place. To keep the headphone cable in place, a clothing clip is included.
- Frequency Response: 10Hz to 50kHz
- Type: Semi-open-back planar magnetic headphones
- Magnetic Structure: Single-sided Fluxor magnetic array
- Magnet Type: Neodymium
- Diaphragm Type: Ultra-thin with Uniforce voice-coil
- Transducer Size: 30mm
- Maximum Power Handling: 500mW
- Maximum SPL: >130dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion: < 0.1%, full spectrum, @ 100dB
- Impedance: 24 ohms
- Dimensions: Width 1.298", Height 1.6", Depth 1.318"
- Weight: 1.8 ounces (including CIPHER cable)
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
1 question already asked