About the Audeze LCD-2 (Carribean rosewood edition)
Game-changing headphone sound
Game-changing headphone sound
In a relatively short time, Audeze has gone from headphone upstart to an audiophile favorite. The classic LCD-2 headphones were the company's first model to gain widespread acclaim. This updated version features Carribbean rosewood earcups and boasts the same outstanding sound quality as the original.
Known for their tight, extended bass response, smooth, inviting midrange, and warm high frequencies, the LCD-2 headphones offer a listening experience that can make believers out of even casual music listeners.
Please note: These large, solid headphones weigh in at over a pound and are built for a high level of performance rather than portability.
Audeze's planar magnetic technology offers lifelike sound
Audeze planar magnetic headphones are known for accuracy and extended frequency response. Unlike the dynamic drivers found in most headphones, planar magnetic drivers rely on a thin diaphragm with a large surface area to generate sound. The circuit is etched across the entire surface of an ultra-thin diaphragm, which is suspended between two large magnets.
The LCD-2 headphones use a powerful magnetic field, which results in extremely low distortion even at high volume. When the circuit receives an audio signal, it interacts with the magnetic field, thus causing the diaphragm to move back and forth. This results in sound that is incredibly lifelike and spacious — and worthy of fresh listens to all your favorite music.
The meticulously crafted LCD-2 headphones are hand-made in Audeze's California headquarters. The earcups are made of Caribbean rosewood — a material used in acoustic guitar manufacturing. They are luxuriously appointed with soft padding covered with genuine sheepskin leather.
The included detachable cable terminates in a standard 1/4" plug, and securely connects to each earcup via 4-pin mini XLR connectors. Be sure to plug these high-performance headphones into a headphone amplifier for optimum sound quality with plenty of volume.
- large, open-back design offers spacious sound
- planar magnetic drivers offer low distortion, enhanced dynamics, and warm sound
- Fazor driver technology offers improved phase response, three-dimensional imaging, and extended frequency response
- a separate headphone amplifier is required to properly power these headphones for optimum sound quality
- Caribbean rosewood earcups with genuine lambskin leather earpads
- 74-inch tangle-free cable 4-pin mini XLR connectors for each earcup and 1/4" plug for connection to a home stereo or headphone amplifier
- includes rugged, waterproof travel case with an ultra-durable polypropylene shell and padded interior
- frequency response: 10-50,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 101 dB
- impedance: 70 ohms
- weight: 20.9 oz.
- warranty: 3 years (planar drivers), 1 year (earpads, enclosure, headband, and cable)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 100-L2-1020-03
What's in the box:
- LCD-2 over-the-ear headphones (Caribbean Rosewood) with black leather headband and ear pads
- 74" Braided audio cable (dual 4-pin mini-XLR plugs on one end and 1/4" plug on the other end)
- Professional travel case
- Plastic card with User Manual URL
- Plastic card with Certificate of Authenticity and serial number
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Audeze LCD-2 (Carribean rosewood edition)
Features & specs
|Earcup Width x Height||4.419" x 4.419"|
|Mic For Taking Calls||No|
|Voice Assistant Access|
|Frequency Response||10-50k Hz|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year (3 Yrs drivers)|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year (3 Yrs drivers)|
Overview: The Audeze LCD-2 over-ear headphones feature high-performance planar magnetic drivers that provide a spacious, musical sound with better dynamics and a wide frequency response. The open-back headphones feature rugged aluminum and wood enclosures, and soft black leather headband and ear pads. The headphones comes with a detachable 74" cable with a straight 1/4" plug. The cable attaches to the headphones by dual 4-pin mini-XLRs. The LCD-2 headphones are handcrafted in the USA, and come in a high-impact plastic, internally padded, professional travel case.
Planar Magnetic Technology: The LCD-2s are acoustically engineered to deliver beautiful, natural sound. The 106mm (4.17") diameter diaphragms are four times larger than the drivers in a typical headphone, and are thinner than a human hair. These ultra-light diaphragms deliver an amazingly fast response for near zero distortion, higher resolution, and lifelike imaging. The double-sided Fluxor Magnet arrays nearly double the driving force across the diaphragm to give you superb accuracy without distortion. The internal sound waves are guided by patented Fazor Elements which eliminate resonance and produce a more accurate waveform. The LCD-2 headphones are sensitive enough to be driven directly by smartphones or tablets, however, for best performance, a high-quality external headphone amplifier or integrated amp is recommended.
Design:The LCD-2 features an open-back design to let you stay in touch with your surroundings. The headphones are engineered and handcrafted in the USA with closely matched planar transducers for consistent sound. The beautiful wood rings are handmade in the factory from Caribbean Rosewood. The grain and color of the rings, as well as the soft leather ear pads and headband, are matched for texture and color.
- Frequency Response: 10Hz to 50kHz
- Transducer Size: 106mm
- Impedance: 70 ohms
- Sensitivity: 101dB /1mW
- Maximum Power Handling: 5W RMS
- Minimum Power Requirement: >100mW
- Recommended Power Requirement: >250mW
- Maximum SPL: >130dB
- THD: <1% at 100dB
- Ear Cup Dimensions: Diameter 4.419" Depth 2.282"
- Weight: 20.9 ounces
The Audeze LCD-2 (Carribean rosewood edition) replaces these items
- planar magnetic drivers offer low distortion, enhanced dynamics, and warm, detailed sound
- open-back design offers rich, spacious sound
- sustainable shedua wood earcups with genuine lambskin leather earpads