About the Audeze LCD-3
The pinnacle of headphone sound
The pinnacle of headphone sound
Deep, tactile bass. Lush mids. Smooth, airy high frequencies. Headphones may not get any better than this. The Audeze LCD-3 are widely agreed to be among the best — if not THE best — headphones you can buy. That's exactly what Audeze had in mind when they designed these planar magnetic wonders. Their warm, spacious sound envelops you, for a musical experience that rivals many high-end loudspeakers. Audeze's continued efforts to perfect their product have led to an improved driver system, which delivers your music with both delicacy and impact. Dynamics are vivid and lifelike, responsiveness is fast and accurate, and the overall sound is inviting and rapturous. Pair them with a quality headphone amplifier for optimum sound quality with plenty of volume.
Please note: These large, solid headphones weigh in at over a pound and are built for a high level of performance rather than portability.
Audeze's planar magnetic technology offers lifelike sound
Audeze has quickly become a leader in developing and improving planar magnetic technology in headphones. Their drivers are known for accuracy and extended frequency response. Unlike the dynamic drivers found in most headphones, planar magnetic drivers rely on a thin diaphragm with a large surface area to generate sound. The circuit is etched across the entire surface of an ultra-thin diaphragm, which is suspended between two large magnets. The LCD-3 headphones use a powerful and uniform magnetic field, which results in extremely low distortion even at high volume. When the circuit receives an audio signal, it interacts with the magnetic field, thus causing the diaphragm to move back and forth. This results in the breathtakingly lifelike and spacious sound these headphones produce.
Quality cables ensure accurate signal transmission
The LCD-3 comes with two high-quality headphone cables. One terminates in a balanced XLR connector for use with high-quality headphone amplifiers. This preserves a balanced signal throughout the circuit for precise sound with minimal interference. The other cable terminates in a standard 1/4" plug for connection to a home stereo. Both cables feature 4-pin mini XLR connectors for each earcup for a secure connection.
The meticulously crafted LCD-3 headphones are made in the USA. The earcups are made of African zebrano wood, for warm, natural tone. The headband and earcups are luxuriously appointed with soft padding covered with genuine sheepskin leather. To ensure a long lifespan for such fine headphones, Audeze includes a rugged travel case. Don't confuse this case with a soft zip-up case you might get with other headphones. This is a waterproof, hardshell case with a padded interior and a handle. It provides the ultimate protection for the LCD-3, whether you're storing them at home or taking them to a friend's house to introduce him to their tantalizing sound.
- planar magnetic drivers offer low distortion, enhanced dynamics, and warm sound
- Fazor driver technology offers improved phase response, three-dimensional imaging, and extended frequency response
- open-back design offers spacious sound
- African zebrano wood earcups with genuine lambskin leather earpads
- includes 8-foot tangle-free cable with copper conductors; balanced 4-pin mini XLR connectors for each earcup, terminating in a 1/4" plug on the other end
- a separate headphone amplifier is required to properly power these headphones for optimum sound quality
- rugged, hard-shell case
- frequency response: 5-20,000 Hz; usable high-frequency extension to 50,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 94 dB
- impedance: 110 ohms
- weight: 19.3 oz.
- warranty: 3 years (planar drivers), 1 year (earpads, enclosure, headband, and cable)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # LCD-3-ZW-TC
- Snug fit
- Good for focused listening
What's in the box:
- LCD-3 over-the-ear headphones with black lambskin leather headband and ear pads
- 8' Flat audio cable (dual 4-pin mini-XLR plugs on one end and 1/4" plug on the other end)
- Black plastic travel case
- User Manual
- Warranty documentation
- Certificate of Authenticity
Audeze LCD-3 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Audeze LCD-3
Features & specs
|Earcup Width x Height||4.394" x 4.394"|
|Mic For Taking Calls||No|
|Voice Assistant Access|
|Frequency Response||10-50k Hz|
|Cord Length||98" + 98"|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year (3 Yrs drivers)|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year (3 Yrs drivers)|
Overview: The Audeze LCD-3 over-ear headphones feature high-performance planar magnetic drivers that provide a spacious, musical sound with powerful bass and detailed midrange and high frequencies. The LCD-3 features elegant wood composite and black aluminum enclosures, and black lambskin leather headband and ear pads. (A leather-free version of the LCD-3 with brown micro-suede ear pads and headband is also available.) The headphones include a detachable 8' cable with a straight 1/4" plug. The cable attaches to the headphones by dual 4-pin mini-XLRs. The LCD-3 headphones are handcrafted in the USA, and come in a padded black plastic travel case.
Design: The LCD-3's open-back design lets you stay in touch with your surroundings. The ultra-thin planar magnetic drivers have high-grade neodymium magnets with a proprietary push-pull design that improves sensitivity. For best performance, a high-quality external headphone amplifier is highly recommended. Audeze's patent-pending Fazor elements, placed just outside the two magnet structures that surround the diaphragm in each capsule, guide and manage the flow of sound around the magnets, improving clarity and focus.
- Frequency Response: 5Hz to 20kHz (with extension to 50kHz)
- Transducer Size: 106mm
- Impedance: 110 ohms
- Efficiency: 102dB /1mW
- Maximum Power Handling: 15W (for 200 ms)
- Optimal Power Requirement: 1-4W
- Sound Pressure Level: >130dB with 15W
- THD: <1% through entire frequency range