About the Audeze LCD-3 (leather-free)
The pinnacle of headphone sound
The pinnacle of headphone sound
Deep, tactile bass. Lush mids. Smooth, airy high frequencies. Headphones may not get any better than this. The Audeze LCD-3 are widely agreed to be among the best — if not THE best — headphones you can buy. That's exactly what Audeze had in mind when they designed these planar magnetic wonders. Their warm, spacious sound envelops you, for a musical experience that rivals many high-end loudspeakers. Audeze's continued efforts to perfect their product have led to an improved driver system, which delivers your music with both delicacy and impact. Dynamics are vivid and lifelike, responsiveness is fast and accurate, and the overall sound is inviting and rapturous. A quality headphone amplifier will offer uncompromised performance, though the LCD-3's updated drivers don't require high-powered amplification to sound stunning.
Please note: These large, solid headphones weigh in at over a pound and are built for a high level of performance rather than portability.
Audeze's planar magnetic technology offers lifelike sound
Audeze has quickly become a leader in developing and improving planar magnetic technology in headphones. Their drivers are known for accuracy and extended frequency response. Unlike the dynamic drivers found in most headphones, planar magnetic drivers rely on a thin diaphragm with a large surface area to generate sound. The circuit is etched across the entire surface of an ultra-thin diaphragm, which is suspended between two large magnets. The LCD-3 headphones use a powerful and uniform magnetic field, which results in extremely low distortion even at high volume. When the circuit receives an audio signal, it interacts with the magnetic field, thus causing the diaphragm to move back and forth. This results in the breathtakingly lifelike and spacious sound these headphones produce.
Quality cables ensure accurate signal transmission
The LCD-3 comes with two high-quality headphone cables. One terminates in a balanced XLR connector for use with high-quality headphone amplifiers. This preserves a balanced signal throughout the circuit for precise sound with minimal interference. The other cable terminates in a standard 1/4" plug for connection to a home stereo. Both cables feature 4-pin mini XLR connectors for each earcup for a secure connection. Be sure to plug these high-performance headphones into a headphone amplifier for optimum sound quality with plenty of volume.
Exquisite craftsmanship and leather-free materials
The meticulously crafted LCD-3 headphones are made in the USA. The earcups are made of African zebrano wood, for warm, natural tone. The headband and earcups are luxuriously appointed with soft padding covered with faux suede, making these headphones completely leather-free. To ensure a long lifespan for such fine headphones, Audeze includes a wooden case. Don't confuse this case with a soft zip-up case you might get with other headphones. This is a gorgeous piano-lacquer display case with soft foam padding and a smooth satin lining. Keep it closed to protect your Audeze headphones from dust, or leave it open to tempt visitors with their stunning looks.
- planar magnetic drivers offer low distortion, enhanced dynamics, and warm sound
- Fazor driver technology offers improved phase response, three-dimensional imaging, and extended frequency response
- open-back design offers spacious sound
- African zebrano wood earcups with faux suede earpads (leather-free)
- includes two tangle-free cables with copper conductors and balanced 4-pin mini XLR connectors for each earcup
- 98-inch cable with a balanced 4-pin XLR connector
- 98-inch cable with a 1/4" plug
- 1/4"-to-1/8" adapter included
- a separate headphone amplifier is required to properly power these headphones for optimum sound quality
- includes wooden display case with foam padding and satin lining
- frequency response: 5-20,000 Hz; usable high-frequency extension to 50,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 94 dB
- impedance: 110 ohms
- weight: 19.3 oz.
- warranty: 3 years (planar drivers), 1 year (earpads, enclosure, headband, and cable)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # LCD-3-LF-WB
What's in the box:
- LCD-3 over-the-ear headphones with micro-suede headband and ear pads
- 8' Flat audio cable (dual 4-pin mini-XLR plugs on one end and 1/4" plug on the other end)
- 8' Flat audio cable (dual 4-pin mini-XLR plugs on one end and a 4-pin XLR plug on other end)
- 9" 1/4"-to-3.5mm adapter
- Wooden display case
- User Manual
- Warranty documentation
- Certificate of Authenticity
Audeze LCD-3 (leather-free) reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Audeze LCD-3 (leather-free)
Features & specs
|Earcup Width x Height||4.394" x 4.394"|
|Mic For Taking Calls||No|
|Voice Assistant Access|
|Frequency Response||5-20k Hz|
|Cord Length||98", 98"|
|Parts Warranty||1 Yr (3 Yrs drivers)|
|Labor Warranty||1 Yr (3 Yrs drivers)|
Overview: The Audeze LCD-3 over-ear headphones feature high-performance planar magnetic drivers that provide a spacious, musical sound with powerful bass and detailed midrange and high frequencies. The LCD-3 features elegant wood composite and black aluminum enclosures, and micro-suede (leather-free) headband and ear pads. (A version of the LCD-3 with black lambskin ear pads and headband is also available.) The headphones include two detachable 8' cables: one with a straight 1/4" plug, and a balanced cable with a 4-pin XLR plug. Each cable attaches to the headphones by dual 4-pin mini-XLRs. A 1/4"-to-3.5mm adapter is also included. The LCD-3 headphones are handcrafted in the USA, and come in an elegant, internally padded display case.
Design: The LCD-3's open-back design lets you stay in touch with your surroundings. The ultra-thin planar magnetic drivers have high-grade neodymium magnets with a proprietary push-pull design that improves sensitivity. For best performance, a high-quality external headphone amplifier is highly recommended. Audeze's patent-pending Fazor elements, placed just outside the two magnet structures that surround the diaphragm in each capsule, guide and manage the flow of sound around the magnets, improving clarity and focus.
- Frequency Response: 5Hz to 20kHz (with extension to 50kHz)
- Transducer Size: 106mm
- Impedance: 110 ohms
- Efficiency: 102dB /1mW
- Maximum Power Handling: 15W (for 200 ms)
- Optimal Power Requirement: 1-4W
- Sound Pressure Level: >130dB with 15W
- THD: <1% through entire frequency range
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?