About the weBoost Home Studio
Say "goodbye" to dropped calls
Say "goodbye" to dropped calls
Having the latest phone and best data plan won't do you much good if your cell reception at home is weak. This booster kit from weBoost works with all major carriers to improve your cellular reception for glitch-free talk, text, and data. It includes a compact booster module that sits on a shelf or tabletop, an indoor antenna that attaches directly, plus an exterior directional antenna you'll attach to your home's exterior.
The weBoost Home Studio can improve signals from all the major wireless carriers, improving 3G/4G signals up to 32x. It's also 5G-ready, so it'll continue to work with next-gen wireless technology. Cables and mounting hardware are included.
- strengthens cellular signal in a single room up to 1,500 square feet
- increases cellular signals up to 32x
- improves talk, text, and data with all cellular carriers
- 3G/4G compatible and 5G-ready
- kit includes:
- outdoor directional antenna with mounting hardware
- signal booster
- 8" indoor antenna (attaches directly to booster)
- two 30-foot coils of RG-6 coaxial cable
- AC power adapter
- 5-band operation
- maximum gain: 60 dB
- booster dimensions: 3-7/8"W x 5-1/16"H x 1-3/16"D
- outdoor antenna dimensions: 2-9/16"W x 8-1/4"H x 11-5/8"D
- indoor antenna dimensions: 8-3/4"L x 5/8" diameter
- booster weight: 10.5 oz.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 470166
What's in the box:
- Home Studio cellular signal booster
- Outside antenna with 10" coax pigtail (female F connector)
- Two 30' lengths of RG6 coaxial cable (male F connectors on each ends)
- 8" Inside antenna
- AC power adapter with attached 5' DC output cord (DC output: 5V 2500mA)
- Coax barrel connector (female F connectors on both ends)
- 2 M6 x 15mm bolts
- 6 Flat washers
- 6 Split lock washers
- 2 Hex nuts
- 2 U-bolts (2" diameter)
- 2 Pole brackets
- 4 Wing nuts
- Installation Guide
- L-Bracket Mounting Instrutions
- Thank You card
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the weBoost Home Studio
Overview: The WeBoost Home Studio Cell Signal Booster (#470166) is designed to improve the cell signal inside a home office, apartment, or a small area of your home or office. Boosted signals result in fewer dropped calls and dead spots, clearer voice calls, and faster data rates. The multi-user Home Studio works on all cellular devices with all carriers simultaneously. It can increase the cell signals up to 32x and enhance cellular signals in one room, or an area of up to 1500 square feet. WeBoost Home Cell Signal Boosters are 5G Ready, so they will continue to work into the future.
Simple Installation: The Home Studio cell phone signal booster consists of three main components: the booster, the outside (receiving) antenna, and the inside (transmitting) antenna. The booster can be placed on a flat surface, such as a shelf, closet, or desk, or wall-mounted using the keyhole slots on the back panel. It will need to be placed near a power outlet, and must be connected to a surge protector with at least a 1000 Joule rating (to prevent voiding the 2 year warranty). The outdoor antenna can be mounted using the included pole mount kit. Up to 60' of low-loss RG6 coaxial cable is included. The indoor antenna attaches to the top of the booster via the SMA connector. The outside antenna connects to the booster via the included RG6 coax cable.
Status Lights: The Home Studio booster unit has five indicator lights on the front panel to correspond with Bands 2, 4, 5, 12, and 13. The lights glow or flash green, red, or yellow to indicate the status of the band:
- Solid Green: Booster functioning properly
- Blinking Green, Then Red: Band has reduced gain due to a feedback loop (oscillation). It's a safety feature to prevent harmful interference.
- Solid Red: Band has shut itself off due to oscillation.
- Blinking Green, Then Yellow: Band has reduced gain due to an overload from a nearby cell tower. This safety feature prevents harmful interference with the cell tower.
- Solid Yellow: Band has shut itself off due to an overload from a nearby cell tower. Outside antenna must be adjusted.
- Lights Off: The booster is not receiving power from the power supply.
Signal Strength: Before installing the booster, you should check your current cellular signal strength using your phone. Bar graphs are not an accurate indicator of signal strength. Most phones allow you to switch from bar graphs to a digital readout of signal strength (in dBm). There are also available 3rd party apps, such as OpenSignal or Speedtest, for testing signal strength. Typically, the range of signal strength is between -110 dBM and -30 dBM, with a figure closer to zero being the strongest. You should run tests with and without 4G/LTE reception turned on. The area on the outside of your home with the strongest signal is typically the best location for mounting the outside antenna. The inside antenna should be placed in the room where you spend the most time, or where the signal is weakest. A general indication of signal strength is as follows:
|Signal Strength||Excellent |
|No signal |
|3G / 1x||-70dBm or better||-71 to -85dBM||-86 to -100dBm||-101 to -109dBm||-110dBm or less|
|4G / LTE||-90dBm or better||-91 to -105dBM||-106 to -110dBm||-111 to -119dBm||-120dBm or less|
Room Coverage: The quality of the cellular signals outside your home determines the amount of coverage the boosted signal will cover inside.
|If the cell signal outside your home is:||Your boosted cell signal will cover:|
|No Signal||No coverage|
Gain Improvement: Increasing your signal strength by only 3dB means you have essentially doubled the power and signal amplification. A 6dB increase equals 4x the power, 10dB increase is 10x the power, and a 20dB increase shows a 100x signal improvement. The maximim permissible antenna per band (dBi @ 50Ω) is 6.1 (Band 2), 5.8 (Band 4), 4.5 (Band 5), 4.9 (Band 12), and 4.9 (Band 13).
Benefits: The Weboost Home Studio helps increase the signal strength in typically weak signal areas. With stronger signals, your cell phone doesn't have to work as hard to find a signal, extending battery life. Data rates are increased, meaning data download times are reduced. You'll experience fewer dropped calls and delayed texts, and faster data speeds for improved video streaming.
- Band 12/17: 700 MHz
- Band 13: 700MHz
- Band 5: 850 MHz
- Band 4: 1700/2100 MHz
- Band 25/2: 1900 MHz
- Maximum Gain: 60dB
- Impedance: 75 ohms
- Antenna Connectors: SMA Male/Female for inside antenna; F Male/Female for outside antenna
- Booster: Width 3.846", Height 5.047", Depth 1.135"; Weight: 10.5 ounces
- Outside Antenna: Width 2.56" Height 8.2", Depth 11.569"; Weight: 14.8 ounces
- Inside Antenna: Diameter 0.574" Length 8.75"; Weight: 1.15 ounces
Legal Disclosure: The Home Studio cell phone signal booster is a consumer device, and is FCC certified to current technical specifications. Before you use the product, you must register the device with your wireless provider, and have your provider's consent. Most wireless providers consent to the use of signal boosters, however, some providers may not consent. If you are unsure, you should check with your cellular provider. You must operate the device with approved antennas and cables as specified by the manufacturer. Antennas must be installed at least 8" from any person.