About the Weboost Drive Reach OTR
Hit the road with better reception
Hit the road with better reception
weBoost's Drive Reach OTR is the company's best cell booster for truckers yet, and it's ready to make life easier on the road with your mobile devices. This powerful booster offers clearer calls, faster data speeds, and fewer dead spots. In fact, it pulls in signals from cell towers twice as far away as its predecessor, the Drive 4G-X OTR. You'll get better results with with today's 3G and 4G signals, and it's ready for 5G, so it won't be obsolete when the next-gen technology emerges.
How it works
The kit includes a rugged, military-spec exterior antenna that comes with a mirror mount for installation on your vehicle. You'll run cable from this antenna to the booster inside your vehicle — it fits easily under a seat and is powered by an included 12-volt plug-in adapter. An in-vehicle antenna attaches to the booster and passes signals to your mobile devices.
- designed for tractor trailer cabs and large trucks
- 3G/4G compatible and 5G-ready
- boosts signals for multiple-users
- provides reception from cell towers up to 2x farther away than weBoost's previous model
- kit includes:
- Drive Reach OTR booster
- omnidirectional antenna that mounts to the exterior of your vehicle
- slim, dash-mountable in-vehicle antenna that relays signals to your devices
- 12-volt power adapter
- 14 feet of RG-6 cable to connect exterior antenna to the booster
- mirror-mount bracket for external antenna
- 5-band operation
- maximum gain: 50 dB
- external antenna can be configured for multiple heights, from 7-1/2" to 40"
- booster dimensions: 4-9/16"W x 6-1/4"H x 1-13/16"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 472154
What's in the box:
- Mobile cellular signal booster
- Booster mounting bracket (installed)
- Adhesive-backed hook-and-loop fastener (#1)
- Outside OTR antenna (with attached 14' coax cable)
- 13" Threaded shaft
- 18" Threaded shaft
- Mirror rail mount
- Side exit adapter
- SMB adapter
- Large hex nut with lip
- Large flat washer with lip
- 2 Tubes of thread lock adhesive
- Inside antenna (attached 10' coax cable)
- Adhesive-backed hook-and-loop fastener (#2)
- Alcohol prep
- 12V/1.8A DC Power switch/adapter with 10.75' cable
- Installation Guide
- Installation Overview
- Thank You Card
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Weboost Drive Reach OTR
Overview: The WeBoost Drive Reach OTR (model 472154) cellular signal booster is designed for semi trucks to improve the cell signal inside your rig. Boosted signals result in fewer dropped calls and dead spots, clearer voice calls, and faster data rates. Everyone in the vehicle can enjoy higher quality cell service in weak-signal areas. The booster includes a high-performance omni-directional receiving antenna that can be configured into multiple lengths (7.5" to 40") and a small, inside (transmitting) antenna. Drive Reach OTR reaches the farthest cell towers of all WeBoost mobile signal boosters and is the best booster for remote areas. It works on every network, on any carrier.
Benefits: The WeBoost Drive Reach OTR helps increase the signal strength in typically weak signal areas. With stronger signals, your cell phone doesn't have to work as hard to find a signal, extending battery life. In addition, the long-range antenna helps keep dispatch and fleet managers in constant contact with their drivers and crews, allowing for better vehicle tracking and driver communications. Data rates are increased, meaning data upload and download times are reduced. It is compatible with all US wireless carriers, and simultaneously supports multiple users. WeBoost cell phone signal boosters are 5G ready.
Installation Overview: Installing the Drive Reach OTR is relatively easy, and can be done in just a few minutes. An overview of the installtion includes the following steps:
- The signal booster has an integrated mounting bracket that allows you to mount the booster to a wall or ceiling of the cab, or under a seat.
- Assemble the Outside Antenna to the size and configuration you prefer and mount it using the included mirror mount bracket. The cable can be inserted into the antenna shafts.
- Run the 14' antenna cable into the cab and attach it to the booster's input port using the SMB adapter.
- Locate the inside antenna near where you'll be using the phone, typically in the center console or side of the seat. Run the cable to the booster's output port and plug it in.
- Connect the power supply cable to the booster and plug it into your vehicle's 12-volt power port.
- Turn on the power switch on the power plug to start receiving the boosted signal.
Status Lights: The Drive Reach OTR booster has an indicator light on the front panel that glows or flashes green or red to indicate the status of the booster:
- Solid Green: Booster functioning properly
- Blinking Red, Then Solid Green: Band has reduced gain due to a feedback loop (oscillation). It's a safety feature to prevent harmful interference.
- Solid Red: Band has shut itself off due to oscillation.
- Light Off: The booster is not receiving power from the power supply.
- Band 12/17: 700 MHz
- Band 13: 700 MHz
- Band 5: 850 MHz
- Band 4: 1700/2100 MHz
- Band 25/2: 1900 MHz
- Maximum Gain: 50dB
- Impedance: 50 ohms
- Power Requirements: 12V / 1.8A
- Antenna Connectors: SMB (snap-on) Female for inside and outside antennas
- Booster: Width 4.523", Height 6.242", Depth 1.797"
- Outside Antenna: Width 2.475" Height 7.405" Depth 2.475"; Cable Length 14'
- Inside Antenna: Width 1.396", Height 3.094", Depth 0.537", Cable Length 10'
Legal Disclosure: The Drive Reach OTR cell phone signal booster is a consumer device, and is FCC certified to current technical specifications. Before you use the product, you must register the device with your wireless provider, and have your provider's consent. Most wireless providers consent to the use of signal boosters, however, some providers may not consent. If you are unsure, contact your provider. You must operate the device with approved antennas and cables as specified by the manufacturer. Antennas must be installed at least 8" from any person. You should know that E911 location information may not be provided, or may be inaccurate for calls served by using this device.