About the IsoAcoustics Delos
Vibration isolation for your turntable
Vibration isolation for your turntable
According to Greek mythology, Delos was an island that was securely anchored to the ocean floor by Poseidon himself. That's the kind of stability IsoAcoustics had in mind when they designed this aptly named isolation platform for turntables. This 1-3/4" thick maple butcher block with patented isolation feet decouples the turntable from the supporting surface and dramatically diminishes structural vibrations and resonances.
More about the feet
The integrated isolators are based of the design of the award winning GAIA series. The patented design consists of a top isolator, bottom isolator and a connector, so there's no single path connecting your equipment to the supporting surface. The isolators are partially recessed into the butcher block and fastened into place for a strong connection.
- 1-3/4" thick maple platform isolates turntable from vibration and resonance
- urethane-based satin finish
- four patented isolation feet
- weight capacity: 65 lbs.
- 18"W x 15"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # ISODELOS-MA18-1.75
What's in the box:
- Turntable isolation stand
- 4 Isolator feet (pre-installed)
IsoAcoustics Delos reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the IsoAcoustics Delos
IsoAcoustics DELOS: The IsoAcoustics DELOS butcher block from IsoAcoustics decouples your turntable (and other components, such as tube amplifiers) from the supporting surface and dramatically diminishes structural vibrations and resonances, resulting in greater clarity and detail. Combining the mass of a thick butcher block with IsoAcoustics patented isolation, DELOS provides a low noise floor by eliminating the effects of structure born vibrations. The DELOS is always recommended when a turntable has an external motor as it will support the table and motor at the same height level.
- Butcher Block: The butcher block provides a flat stable platform for both turntables and other components, such as tube amplifiers. The mass of the butcher block complements the IsoAcoustics isolators to more effectively eliminate the effects of structural vibrations and resonances. The butcher block is available in Maple or Walnut. Maple and Walnut were chosen based on appearance, hardness and performance. Maple and Walnut are considered superior tonal woods, commonly used in the manufacture of fine guitars, pianos and violins. While both are hardwoods, maple is "harder" (more dense) than walnut. Maple platforms are known for their detailed, transparent and uncolored sound. Walnut, being a little "softer" will result in a warmer sound. The Maple board has a Janka Hardness rating of 1450, while the Walnut has a hardness rating of 1010. The hardness also makes the platforms very durable and resistant to scratches and dents. The butcher blocks are sealed with a urethane-based satin finish which is resistant to stains and most solvents.
- Isolator Feet: The 4 integrated isolator feet are based on the design of the award winning GAIA Series from IsoAcoustics The isolators use IsoAcoustics patented design which consists of a top isolator, bottom isolator and a connector. The isolation is a result of the way the 3 parts work together, so there is not a single path connecting the live equipment to the supporting surface. It is the shape, durometer and material characteristics of the isolators that are tuned for a given weight capacity. The isolators are absorbing the vibrations so they do not resonate through, or reflect off the hard supporting surface. The isolators are partially recessed into the butcher block and fastened into place for a strong connection to the butcher block.
Note: The IsoAcoustics DELOS measures 18" (w) x 1.75" (h) x 15" (d), and supports up to 65 lbs.
1 question already asked