About the Monitor Audio Bronze C150
Clear dialogue and immersive sound effects
Monitor's Bronze "6G" Series speakers come in four attractive finishes with contrasting painted front baffles.
Clear dialogue and immersive sound effects
When you're watching TV or movies, a great center channel speaker adds so much to the experience. Monitor Audio's Bronze C150 provides clear dialogue and on-screen effects to keep you involved in the story. High-quality materials and advanced cabinet design work "behind the scenes" to deliver exceptional depth and clarity.
Monitor's 6th-generation Bronze Series
This newest generation of Monitor's most affordable speaker series got a complete redesign for better audio performance and eye-catching looks. They come in four attractive vinyl finishes with attractive painted front baffles.
The C150's elegant sealed cabinet contains two 5-1/2" midbass drivers for punchy bass and smooth midrange. The cones are made of ultra-rigid, lightweight C-CAM® (Ceramic-Coated Aluminum/Magnesium) material that delivers high efficiency and low distortion. Damped Concentric Mode (DCM) technology helps the driver deliver more accurate response.
High frequencies get the superstar treatment as well. A 1" gold dome C-CAM tweeter with uniform dispersion (UD) waveguide sits in the center of the cabinet for crisp detail with extended high-frequency response.
Part of a complete Monitor Audio surround sound system
The Monitor Audio Bronze Series features an array of speakers that are voice-matched for compatibility in an immersive surround sound system:
Most speakers don't include any.
Learn about choosing and installing speaker wire at the Crutchfield Learning Center.
Shop our selection of speaker wire.
- 2-way design in sealed enclosure
- 1" gold dome C-CAM tweeter with uniform dispersion (UD) waveguide for detailed sound and extended high-frequency response
- two 5-1/2" midbass drivers for punchy bass and smooth midrange
- ultra-rigid, lightweight C-CAM (Ceramic-Coated Aluminum/Magnesium) cone material delivers high efficiency and low distortion
- Damped Concentric Mode (DCM) technology provides more accurate time response
- Pureflow silver-plated oxygen-free copper internal cabling for high quality current transfer
- recommended amplifier power: 30-120 watts
- frequency response: 66-30,000 Hz (-6dB; in-room response)
- sensitivity: 88 dB
- impedance: 8 ohms
- dual gold-plated binding post speaker terminals with bi-amp/bi-wire capability
- acoustically transparent grille attaches magnetically
Dimensions and warranty:
- 17-3/4"W x 6-9/16"H x 8-1/2"D
- weight: 15 lbs., 7 oz.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # B6GC150B
What's in the box:
- Center-channel loudspeaker
- 2 Terminal-jumpers (pre-installed)
- 4 Self-adhesive rubber feet
- Quick Start Guide
- Important Safety Instructions
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Monitor Audio Bronze C150
Features & specs
|Midrange size (inches)||N/A|
|Woofer size (inches)||5-1/4|
|Frequency Response||66-30k Hz|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
C-CAM Technology: C-CAM driver technology is used throughout the Monitor Audio Bronze Series loudspeaker line-up, providing coherent tonal balance and sonic signature across the entire audio frequency spectrum. Ceramic-Coated Aluminum/Magnesium is a material originally developed by the aerospace industry for jet engine components. Its properties are ideal for loudspeaker cones being extremely rigid, yet light enough to yield high overall efficiency. In manufacture, aluminum/magnesium alloy undergoes a three-stage stress-relieving process to remove surface deformation and molecular weakness. Once formed, the alloy driver is subjected to a high temperature anodic coating process in which a layer of pure ceramic alumina is depleted onto its surfaces to a depth of 50 microns, producing a completely rigid sandwich of alloy and heat-dissipating ceramic material. Conventional drivers are liable to flex or twist in operation, producing a significant level of audible distortion. C-CAM drivers have a much higher resistance to bending stress and therefore exhibit much greater fidelity over their entire operating range.
1" C-CAM Gold Dome Tweeter: The Bronze C150 is outfitted with Monitor Audio's signature 1" C-CAM Gold Dome Tweeter upgraded with a new Uniform Dispersion (UD) Waveguide that delivers even sound dispersion, improved time alignment, and wider directivity for lifelike sound. The newly designed 1" C-CAM Gold Dome Tweeter extends the Bronze C150 center-channel speaker's frequency response to an ultra-sonic 30kHz, allowing the full reproduction of harmonic frequencies vital to the accurate reproduction of, say, the decay of a piano string or the crash of a hi-hat. Additional structural improvements in dome geometry and drive mechanism have boosted accuracy and extension at the top end of the tweeter's range as well, generating the extraordinary high frequency quality that helps to define the sound of Bronze C150 center-channel loudspeaker.
- Uniform Dispersion (UD Waveguide): The curved profile of the UD waveguide has been optimized for a better controlled directivity pattern and increased radiation efficiency. Thanks to the UD waveguide, the tweeter has a more controlled off-axis dispersion pattern which allows for greater listener positioning flexibility as the tonal balance won't change significantly when moving away from the central listening "hotspot". The depth of the UD waveguide means that the tweeter voice coil is located deeper within the cabinet and is more in line with the mid-bass drivers; resulting in a better sense of perceived timing because the sound from the tweeter and driver will reach the listener simultaneously. The UD waveguide also allows the crossover frequency to be decreased for a smoother and inaudible transition between the tweeter and driver.
- Innovative Venting System: Within the New Bronze tweeter, an innovative venting system allows air to flow outside the tweeter's magnet assembly into a rear loading chamber, preventing air from being compressed at the back of the dome for lower distortion, reduced mechanical resonance, and improved damping.
Dual 5.25" C-CAM Mid-Bass Drivers: The Bronze C150 houses two 5.25" C-CAM mid-bass drivers featuring updated cone geometries and Damped Concentric Mode (DCM) technology which allows the speaker to have a deeper, fuller sound while retaining a clean and precise presentation. This newly designed 'dished' C-CAM cone employs the entire cone surface to radiate more sound. Unbroken by the center pole-piece aperture of conventional driver designs, the cone is inherently more rigid and efficient while being less prone to break-up under high drive conditions, resulting in exceptional detail resolution and life-like tonality. The driver's larger voice coil allows production of higher pressure levels and is is thermally coupled to the back of the cone, which draws heat away from the coil for better power handling and optimal operation at all volume levels.
Single Through-Bolt Mount: The drivers are individually mounted on a through-bolt which fixes at the back of the cabinet and tensions the driver at the front. Cleverly this triple-action feature braces the cabinet structure for lower box coloration while removing the need for conventional front fixings, reducing unwanted driver/cabinet resonance and simultaneously boosting aesthetics.
High Quality Crossover & Wiring: The Bronze C150 center-channel speaker utilizes a high-quality crossover network with premium-grade polyester film and electrolytic capacitors, as well as air-core and low-loss laminated steel-core inductors for maximum signal transfer and reduced distortion. Pureflow silver-plated oxygen-free copper internal cabling is used for the highest quality current transfer through the signal chain.
Acoustic Suspension MDF Cabinet: The Bronze C150 center-channel speaker employs an acoustic suspension (sealed) enclosure for detailed, accurate sound. The stiff, rigid cabinet features 15mm MDF cabinet walls and a 21mm front-baffle. Braces placed optimally throughout the enclosure help to further reduce unwanted vibration through the cabinet walls. The speaker cabinet is available in four contemporary finishes (White, Walnut, Urban Grey, and Black) with a sleek contrasting baffle and a magnetic cloth-covered, acoustically transparent grille for an understated appearance.
Dual-Gold-Plated Binding Posts: The center-channel loudspeaker has two sets of gold-plated binding posts connected by wire-jumpers. The gold-plated binding posts will accept bare wire (up to 10AWG), pin connectors, & banana plugs (single only). Using the dual posts, you can bi-wire or bi-amp the speaker. Bi-wiring or bi-amping the speaker provides improved bass & treble performance. If you decide to bi-wire or bi-amp, you must remove the jumpers between the terminal posts (failure to do this could result in damage to your amplifier and loudspeakers).
- Bi-Wiring: Bi-wiring can provide noticeable improvements in the overall transparency of your loudspeakers. Run separate speaker wires to the low & high frequency drivers from a single amplifier (the upper set of binding posts are for the high frequency drivers; the lower set of binding posts are for the low frequency drivers).
- Bi-Amping: Bi-amping allows you to use separate amplifiers for the high & low frequency sections of your loudspeaker for greater dynamic range & lower distortion. It is recommend that your separate amplifiers have identical gain to preserve the speaker's voicing balance.
Note: Pre-installed plastic inserts must be removed to utilize banana plugs (single only).
Mounting & Placement Options: The Bronze C150 center speaker can be placed on a tabletop, shelf, or speaker stand (sold separately - see Accessories Tab). The speaker can be centered below or above the TV. Self-adhesive rubber feet are provided to isolate the speaker from the mounting surface. The rubber feet add approximately 0.25" to the overall height of the center-channel speaker.
Note: The Bronze C150 does not feature a mounting bracket, keyhole slot, or threaded insert to wall-mount the speaker.
Bronze Series: The Monitor Audio Bronze Series incorporates C-CAM driver and HiVe II port technologies, along with high-quality cabinetry and crossovers for powerful and detailed audio reproduction The Bronze Series is designed and engineered for both music and movie lovers. The Bronze Series from Monitor Audio consists of two floorstanding loudspeakers (200 / 500), two bookshelf loudspeakers (50 / 100), a center-channel loudspeaker (150), a surround loudspeaker (FX), a Dolby Atmos enabled speaker module (AMS), and a powered subwoofer (W10) - all sold separately.