About the Monitor Audio Bronze 500
Impressive performance for movies and music
With dual 8" woofers and a 1" tweeter in each cabinet, a pair of Monitor Audio Bronze 500 floor-standing speakers can really fill a room with beautiful sound.
Impressive performance for movies and music
Use a pair of these impressive Monitor Audio Bronze 500 towers in a dedicated two-channel music setup or as front left/right speakers in a full surround sound system. High-quality materials and advanced cabinet design work "behind the scenes" to deliver exceptional depth and clarity.
Monitor's 6th-generation Bronze Series
This newest generation of Monitor's most affordable speaker series got a complete redesign for better audio performance and eye-catching looks. They come in four attractive vinyl finishes with attractive painted front baffles.
The Bronze 500's elegant cabinet contains two 8" woofers for punchy bass and smooth midrange. The cones are made of ultra-rigid, lightweight C-CAM® (Ceramic-Coated Aluminum/Magnesium) material that delivers high efficiency and low distortion. Each is situated in its own ported acoustic chamber with Monitor Audio's HiVe® II technology providing reduced turbulence and higher-velocity airflow.
High frequencies get the superstar treatment as well. Each speaker features a 1" gold dome C-CAM tweeter with uniform dispersion (UD) waveguide for detailed sound and extended high-frequency response.
Part of a complete Monitor Audio surround sound system
The Monitor Audio Bronze Series features an array of speakers that are voice-matched for compatibility in an immersive surround sound system:
Most speakers don't include any.
Learn about choosing and installing speaker wire at the Crutchfield Learning Center.
Shop our selection of speaker wire.
- bass reflex design with rear-firing HiVe® II port for reduced turbulence and higher velocity airflow
- two 8" woofers for punchy bass and smooth midrange
- ultra-rigid, lightweight C-CAM (Ceramic-Coated Aluminum/Magnesium) cone material delivers high efficiency and low distortion
- each woofer has its own ported acoustic chamber to provide unique tuning
- 1" gold dome C-CAM tweeter with uniform dispersion (UD) waveguide for detailed sound and extended high-frequency response
- Pureflow silver-plated oxygen-free copper internal cabling for high quality current transfer
- recommended amplifier power: 60-200 watts
- frequency response: 32-30,000 Hz (-6dB; in-room response)
- sensitivity: 90 dB
- impedance: 8 ohms
- dual gold plated binding post speaker terminals with bi-amp/bi-wire capability
- acoustically transparent grille attaches magnetically
- sturdy steel outrigger feet with carpet spikes and rubber feet for stability on any surface
Dimensions and warranty:
- 11-9/16"W x 38-3/8"H x 14-5/16"D (including outrigger feet)
- weight: 39 lbs., 11 oz.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # B6G500B
What's in the box:
- Floorstanding loudspeaker
- 4 Outrigger feet (w/ 4 adjustment dials and locking-nuts)
- 4 Spikes (pre-installed on outrigger feet)
- 4 Rubber feet
- 4 Large course-thread screws
- 4 Small machine screws
- 2 Terminal-jumpers (pre-installed)
- 2 Foam port plugs
- Quick Start Guide
- Important Safety Instructions
Monitor Audio Bronze 500 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Monitor Audio Bronze 500
Features & specs
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1|
|Midrange Size (inches)||N/A|
|Woofer Size (inches)||8|
|Built-in Powered Sub||No|
|Dolby Atmos Drivers||Optional|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
|Frequency Response||32-30k Hz|
|Subwoofer Amp Power||---|
C-CAM Technology: C-CAM driver technology is used throughout the Monitor Audio Bronze Series loudspeaker line-up, providing coherent tonal balance and sonic signature across the entire audio frequency spectrum. Ceramic-Coated Aluminum/Magnesium is a material originally developed by the aerospace industry for jet engine components. Its properties are ideal for loudspeaker cones being extremely rigid, yet light enough to yield high overall efficiency. In manufacture, aluminum/magnesium alloy undergoes a three-stage stress-relieving process to remove surface deformation and molecular weakness. Once formed, the alloy driver is subjected to a high temperature anodic coating process in which a layer of pure ceramic alumina is depleted onto its surfaces to a depth of 50 microns, producing a completely rigid sandwich of alloy and heat-dissipating ceramic material. Conventional drivers are liable to flex or twist in operation, producing a significant level of audible distortion. C-CAM drivers have a much higher resistance to bending stress and therefore exhibit much greater fidelity over their entire operating range.
1" C-CAM Gold Dome Tweeter: The Bronze 500 is outfitted with Monitor Audio's signature 1" C-CAM Gold Dome Tweeter upgraded with a new Uniform Dispersion (UD) Waveguide that delivers even sound dispersion, improved time alignment, and wider directivity for lifelike sound. The newly designed 1" C-CAM Gold Dome Tweeter extends the Bronze 500 floorstanding speaker's frequency response to an ultra-sonic 30kHz, allowing the full reproduction of harmonic frequencies vital to the accurate reproduction of, say, the decay of a piano string or the crash of a hi-hat. Additional structural improvements in dome geometry and drive mechanism have boosted accuracy and extension at the top end of the tweeter's range as well, generating the extraordinary high frequency quality that helps to define the sound of Bronze 500 floorstanding loudspeaker.
- Uniform Dispersion (UD Waveguide): The curved profile of the UD waveguide has been optimized for a better controlled directivity pattern and increased radiation efficiency. Thanks to the UD waveguide, the tweeter has a more controlled off-axis dispersion pattern which allows for greater listener positioning flexibility as the tonal balance won't change significantly when moving away from the central listening "hotspot". The depth of the UD waveguide means that the tweeter voice coil is located deeper within the cabinet and is more in line with the mid-bass drivers; resulting in a better sense of perceived timing because the sound from the tweeter and driver will reach the listener simultaneously. The UD waveguide also allows the crossover frequency to be decreased for a smoother and inaudible transition between the tweeter and driver.
- Innovative Venting System: Within the New Bronze tweeter, an innovative venting system allows air to flow outside the tweeter's magnet assembly into a rear loading chamber, preventing air from being compressed at the back of the dome for lower distortion, reduced mechanical resonance, and improved damping.
Dual 8" C-CAM Mid-Bass Drivers: The Bronze 500 houses two 8" C-CAM mid-bass drivers featuring updated cone geometries and Damped Concentric Mode (DCM) technology which allows the speaker to have a deeper, fuller sound while retaining a clean and precise presentation. This newly designed 'dished' C-CAM cone employs the entire cone surface to radiate more sound. Unbroken by the center pole-piece aperture of conventional driver designs, the cone is inherently more rigid and efficient while being less prone to break-up under high drive conditions, resulting in exceptional detail resolution and life-like tonality. The driver's larger voice coil allows production of higher pressure levels and is is thermally coupled to the back of the cone, which draws heat away from the coil for better power handling and optimal operation at all volume levels.
Single Through-Bolt Mount: The drivers are individually mounted on a through-bolt which fixes at the back of the cabinet and tensions the driver at the front. Cleverly this triple-action feature braces the cabinet structure for lower box coloration while removing the need for conventional front fixings, reducing unwanted driver/cabinet resonance and simultaneously boosting aesthetics.
High Quality Crossover & Wiring: The Bronze 500 floorstanding speaker utilizes a high-quality crossover network with premium-grade polyester film and electrolytic capacitors, as well as air-core and low-loss laminated steel-core inductors for maximum signal transfer and reduced distortion. Pureflow silver-plated oxygen-free copper internal cabling is used for the highest quality current transfer through the signal chain.
HiVe II Port Technology: The Bronze 500 features a bass reflex cabinet with dual rear-firing ports that utilize Monitor Audio's HiVe port technology for greater efficiency and bigger bass response from a compact floorstanding speaker. The HiVe II bass reflex ports are shaped to have the same effect on airflow as a gun-barrel on a bullet. Rifled grooves inside the port help to accelerate the flow and reduce turbulence, so air moves in and out of the port more efficiently, for a faster more dynamic bass response.
Note: If the bass is too boomy, you can insert the included foam port plug(s) into one or both of the speaker's rear-firing port(s) to tighten and lessen the bass.
MDF Enclosure with Internal Bracing: The Bronze 500 features stiff, rigid cabinet construction with 15mm MDF cabinet walls and a 21mm front-baffle. Braces placed optimally throughout the cabinet help to further reduce unwanted vibration through the cabinet walls. The speaker cabinet is available in four contemporary finishes (White, Walnut, Urban Grey, and Black) with a sleek contrasting baffle and a magnetic cloth-covered, acoustically transparent grille for an understated appearance.
Dual-Gold-Plated Binding Posts: The Bronze 500 floorstanding loudspeaker has two sets of gold-plated binding posts connected by wire-jumpers. The gold-plated binding posts will accept bare wire (up to 10AWG), pin connectors, & banana plugs (single only). Using the dual posts, you can bi-wire or bi-amp the speaker. Bi-wiring or bi-amping the speaker provides improved bass & treble performance. If you decide to bi-wire or bi-amp, you must remove the jumpers between the terminal posts (failure to do this could result in damage to your amplifier and loudspeakers).
- Bi-Wiring: Bi-wiring can provide noticeable improvements in the overall transparency of your loudspeakers. Run separate speaker wires to the low & high frequency drivers from a single amplifier (the upper set of binding posts are for the high frequency drivers; the lower set of binding posts are for the low frequency drivers).
- Bi-Amping: Bi-amping allows you to use separate amplifiers for the high & low frequency sections of your loudspeaker for greater dynamic range & lower distortion. It is recommend that your separate amplifiers have identical gain to preserve the speaker's voicing balance.
Note: Pre-installed plastic inserts must be removed to utilize banana plugs (single only).
Outrigger Feet: The Monitor Audio Bronze 500 includes sturdy steel outrigger feet to ensure a stable platform. The outrigger feet will need to be installed to the bottom of the floorstanding speaker cabinet. The outrigger feet come with spikes pre-installed for placement on carpeted flooring. The spikes are adjustable to accommodate uneven floors. The spikes can be removed and replaced with rubber feet for placement on hardwood, tile, laminate, and vinyl flooring.
- Dimensions with Spike Feet: 11.5625" (w) x 38.4375" (h) x 14.375" (d)
- Dimensions with Rubber Feet: 11.5625" (w) x 38.125" (h) x 14.375" (d)
Note: Always utilize the outrigger feet with either the spikes or rubber feet installed for maximum stability and optimal performance.
Placement Options: The sound from a pair of Monitor Audio Broze floorstanding loudspeakers should be natural and detail with the audio appearing to originate from the center point between the speakers, not the actual speakers themselves. Please follow these guidelines when positioning a pair of floorstanding loudspeakers.
- A pair of Bronze 500 floorstanding loudspeakers and your main listening position should form an equilateral triangle with the speakers spaced approximately 6' to 10' apart from one another. Try "toeing" and angeling the speakers in toward the main listening position for better stereo imaging.
- The ideal distance from the rear wall behind the speaker is 8" to 14". The ideal distance from the side wall and the speaker is 3'. Moving the speaker closer to the wall will increase the amount of bass, while moving the speaker further from the wall will decrease the amount of bass output.
Optional Powered Subwoofer: For bigger and more dynamic bass from your movie and music soundtracks, add Monitor Audio's Bronze W10 powered subwoofer (sold separately) to this floorstanding loudspeaker.
Optional Dolby Atmos Topper: The Monitor Audio AMS Dolby AMS enabled speaker module (sold separately) fits atop the Bronze 500 floorstanding loudspeaker and adds three-dimensional height effects to your home theater setup.
Bronze Series: The Monitor Audio Bronze Series incorporates C-CAM driver and HiVe II port technologies, along with high-quality cabinetry and crossovers for powerful and detailed audio reproduction The Bronze Series is designed and engineered for both music and movie lovers. The Bronze Series from Monitor Audio consists of two floorstanding loudspeakers (200 / 500), two bookshelf loudspeakers (50 / 100), a center-channel loudspeaker (150), a surround loudspeaker (FX), a Dolby Atmos enabled speaker module (AMS), and a powered subwoofer (W10) - all sold separately.