About the Monitor Audio Bronze AMS
Three-dimensional Monitor Audio sound
Three-dimensional Monitor Audio sound
Building a Dolby Atmos® home theater system with Monitor Audio Bronze series speakers? Use these compact "toppers" to experience overhead sound effects without having to install in-ceiling speakers.
Each topper sits on top of a compatible Monitor Audio Bronze 50 bookshelf or Monitor Audio Bronze 200 floor-standing speaker. An upward-firing 4" C-CAM® (Ceramic-Coated Aluminum/Magnesium) midrange driver and 1" gold dome C-CAM tweeter in each cabinet reflect sound off the ceiling for immersive overhead effects. A home theater receiver with Dolby Atmos is required for operation.
These speakers also come with keyhole slots for wall-mounting, so you can use them as dedicated height speakers rather than as traditional Dolby Atmos toppers.
Part of a complete Monitor Audio surround sound system
The Monitor Audio Bronze Series features an array of speakers that are voice-matched for compatibility in an immersive surround sound system:
Most speakers don't include any.
Learn about choosing and installing speaker wire at the Crutchfield Learning Center.
Shop our selection of speaker wire.
- sealed cabinet for accurate performance when installed close to a wall
- keyhole slots for flush wall-mounting
- 4" midrange driver
- ultra-rigid, lightweight C-CAM (Ceramic-Coated Aluminum/Magnesium) cone material offers high efficiency and low distortion
- 1" gold dome C-CAM tweeter with optimized waveguide for detailed sound and extended high-frequency response
- recommended amplifier power: 10-60 watts
- frequency response: 105-30,000 Hz (-6dB; in-room response)
- sensitivity: 86 dB
- impedance: 8 ohms
Dimensions and warranty:
- 6-9/16"W x 6"H x 9-1/2"D
- weight: 5 lbs., 8 oz.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # B6GAMSW
What's in the box:
- 2 Dolby Atmos topper loudspeakers
- 2 Grilles
- Quick Start Guide
- Important Safety Instructions
- Wall-Mount Template
Monitor Audio Bronze AMS reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Monitor Audio Bronze AMS
Features & specs
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1|
|Midrange Size (inches)||N/A|
|Woofer Size (inches)||4|
|Frequency Response||105-30k Hz|
|Connector Type||Binding post|
|Bracket Included||Fixed keyhole mount|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
Dolby Atmos Enabled Loudspeaker: Monitor Audio's Bronze AMS Dolby Atmos enabled loudspeaker offers an alternative solution to in-ceiling Dolby Atmos speaker installation. The Monitor Audio Bronze AMS is a Dolby Atmos approved add-on speaker module used to reflect sound off the ceiling in a home theater system to create 3D (three-dimensions) overhead affects. It can also be used a surround or height channe speaker.
- Dolby Atmos Up-Firing Application: The Bronze AMS Dolby Atmos enabled speaker module can be positioned directly on top of your front and/or rear speakers in a two or four Dolby Atmos speaker setup. This up-firing speaker module has been styled to match and be positioned perfectly atop Monitor Audio's Bronze 50 bookshelf loudspeaker, Bronze 200 floorstanding loudspeaker, Silver 50 bookshelf speaker, and Silver 200 floorstanding speaker. Though not a perfect fit, the AMS speaker module can also be positioned on top of Monitor Audio's Bronze 100 bookshelf speaker and Bronze 500 floorstanding speaker; as well as Monitor Audio's Silver 100 bookshelf speaker, Silver 300 floorstanding speaker, and Silver 500 floorstanding speaker. In addition, it can be used with other brands of bookshelf and floorstanding loudspeakers; just make sure the top of your speaker will accommodate the footprint dimensions of the Bronze AMS which are 6.5625" (w) x 9.5625" (d).
- Surround or Height Channel Application: Additionally and alternatively, the Bronze AMS can also be wall-mounted for use as a surround or height channel loudspeaker in a home theater application. Two keyhole slots on the Bronze AMS allow you to wall-mount the speaker module (mounting screws not included). When wall-mounted, the Bronze AMS speaker no longer works to Dolby Atmos principles. Vertically mounted on the wall, the Bronze AMS measures 6.5625" (w) x 9.5625" (h) x 5.9375" (d).
Dolby Atmos: Dolby Atmos moves sound all around you in three-dimensional space, so you feel like you're inside the action. Rather than being constrained to channels (like many other surround formats), Dolby Atmos can precisely place different sounds and move them in three-dimensional space. Dolby Atmos creates a new sensation of height that immerses you in the action, creating a full audio atmosphere and realistically depicting objects moving overhead. Dolby Atmos renders everything from dialog to quiet scenes to whirlwind action with astonishing clarity, richness, detail, and depth. It all comes together in sound that excites your senses and inspires your emotions to deliver the full impact of entertainment.
C-CAM Technology: C-CAM driver technology is used throughout the Monitor Audio Bronze Series loudspeaker line-up, providing coherent tonal balance and sonic signature across the entire audio frequency spectrum. Ceramic-Coated Aluminum/Magnesium is a material originally developed by the aerospace industry for jet engine components. Its properties are ideal for loudspeaker cones being extremely rigid, yet light enough to yield high overall efficiency. In manufacture, aluminum/magnesium alloy undergoes a three-stage stress-relieving process to remove surface deformation and molecular weakness. Once formed, the alloy driver is subjected to a high temperature anodic coating process in which a layer of pure ceramic alumina is depleted onto its surfaces to a depth of 50 microns, producing a completely rigid sandwich of alloy and heat-dissipating ceramic material. Conventional drivers are liable to flex or twist in operation, producing a significant level of audible distortion. C-CAM drivers have a much higher resistance to bending stress and therefore exhibit much greater fidelity over their entire operating range.
1" C-CAM Gold Dome Tweeter: The Bronze AMS is outfitted with Monitor Audio's signature 1" C-CAM Gold Dome Tweeter upgraded with a new Uniform Dispersion (UD) Waveguide that delivers even sound dispersion, improved time alignment, and wider directivity for lifelike sound. The newly designed 1" C-CAM Gold Dome Tweeter extends the Bronze AMS Dolby Atmos enabled speaker's frequency response to an ultra-sonic 30kHz, allowing the full reproduction of harmonic frequencies vital to the accurate reproduction of, say, the decay of a piano string or the crash of a hi-hat. Additional structural improvements in dome geometry and drive mechanism have boosted accuracy and extension at the top end of the tweeter's range as well, generating the extraordinary high frequency quality that helps to define the sound of Bronze AMS Dolby Atmos enabled loudspeaker.
- Uniform Dispersion (UD Waveguide): The curved profile of the UD waveguide has been optimized for a better controlled directivity pattern and increased radiation efficiency. Thanks to the UD waveguide, the tweeter has a more controlled off-axis dispersion pattern which allows for greater listener positioning flexibility as the tonal balance won't change significantly when moving away from the central listening "hotspot". The depth of the UD waveguide means that the tweeter voice coil is located deeper within the cabinet and is more in line with the mid-bass drivers; resulting in a better sense of perceived timing because the sound from the tweeter and driver will reach the listener simultaneously. The UD waveguide also allows the crossover frequency to be decreased for a smoother and inaudible transition between the tweeter and driver.
- Innovative Venting System: Within the New Bronze tweeter, an innovative venting system allows air to flow outside the tweeter's magnet assembly into a rear loading chamber, preventing air from being compressed at the back of the dome for lower distortion, reduced mechanical resonance, and improved damping.
4" C-CAM Mid-Bass Driver: The Bronze AMS houses a 4" C-CAM mid-bass driver featuring updated cone geometries and Damped Concentric Mode (DCM) technology which allows the speaker to have a deeper, fuller sound while retaining a clean and precise presentation. This newly designed 'dished' C-CAM cone employs the entire cone surface to radiate more sound. Unbroken by the center pole-piece aperture of conventional driver designs, the cone is inherently more rigid and efficient while being less prone to break-up under high drive conditions, resulting in exceptional detail resolution and life-like tonality. The driver's larger voice coil allows production of higher pressure levels and is is thermally coupled to the back of the cone, which draws heat away from the coil for better power handling and optimal operation at all volume levels.
High Quality Crossover & Wiring: The Bronze AMS Dolby Atmos enabled speaker utilizes a high-quality crossover network with premium-grade polyester film and electrolytic capacitors, as well as air-core and low-loss laminated steel-core inductors for maximum signal transfer and reduced distortion. Pureflow silver-plated oxygen-free copper internal cabling is used for the highest quality current transfer through the signal chain.
Acoustic Suspension Cabinet: The Monitor Audio Bronze AMS Dolby Atmos enabled loudspeaker features an accoustic suspension (sealed) cabinet for accurate performance when installed in restricted voids or close to a wall. The speaker cabinet is available in a black or white finish and comes with a cloth-covered, acoustically transparent grille.
Gold-Plated Binding Posts: The Bronze AMS Dolby Atmos enabled loudspeaker is outfitted wit a set of gold-plated binding post terminals for excellent connection, signal transfer, and resistance to corrosion. These gold-plated binding posts will accept bare wire (up to 10AWG), pin connectors, & banana plugs (single only). Pre-installed plastic inserts must be removed to utilize banana plugs (single only). Make sure to connect the Bronze AMS to your AV receiver's assigned Dolby Atmos speaker channels.
Bronze Series: The Monitor Audio Bronze Series incorporates C-CAM driver and HiVe II port technologies, along with high-quality cabinetry and crossovers for powerful and detailed audio reproduction The Bronze Series is designed and engineered for both music and movie lovers. The Bronze Series from Monitor Audio consists of two floorstanding loudspeakers (200 / 500), two bookshelf loudspeakers (50 / 100), a center-channel loudspeaker (150), a surround loudspeaker (FX), a Dolby Atmos enabled speaker module (AMS), and a powered subwoofer (W10) - all sold separately.