About the Monitor Audio Bronze FX
Versatile rear/surround speakers
Versatile rear/surround speakers
Add a pair of Bronze FX speakers to your Monitor Audio Bronze home theater system and enjoy dramatic rear-channel sound effects with your favorite movies. This cleverly designed speaker features two tweeters aimed 45° from each other, for an enveloping mix of direct and indirect sound.
Dipole/bipole operation for flexible placement
A dipole/bipole switch lets you mount these speakers on the rear or side walls of your home theater room. If you place them behind your listening position, set them to bipole (in-phase) mode for distinct, directional sound. Or set them to dipole (out-of-phase) mode for side placement, and they'll create a more diffuse soundfield for convincing wraparound effects.
Part of a complete Monitor Audio surround sound system
The Monitor Audio Bronze Series features an array of speakers that are voice-matched for compatibility in an immersive surround sound system:
Most speakers don't include any.
Learn about choosing and installing speaker wire at the Crutchfield Learning Center.
Shop our selection of speaker wire.
- switchable di-pole/bi-pole configuration
- sealed cabinet for accurate performance when installed on-wall
- keyhole brackets for easy wall-mounting
- 5-1/2" mid-bass driver
- ultra-rigid, lightweight C-CAM® (Ceramic-Coated Aluminum/Magnesium) cone material offers high efficiency and low distortion
- Damped Concentric Mode (DCM) technology provides more accurate time response
- dual 1" gold dome C-CAM tweeters with uniform dispersion (UD) waveguide for detailed sound and extended high-frequency response
- Pureflow silver-plated oxygen-free copper internal cabling for high quality current transfer
- recommended amplifier power: 20-80 watts
- frequency response: 74-30,000 Hz (-6dB; in-room response)
- sensitivity: 86 dB
- impedance: 8 ohms
- acoustically transparent cloth covered grilles
Dimensions and warranty:
- 11-3/16"W x 11-5/16"H x 4-7/8"D
- weight: 8 lbs., 10 oz.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # B6GFXW
What's in the box:
- 2 Surround loudspeakers
- 6 Grilles
- 4 Self-adhesive rubber pads
- Quick Start Guide
- Important Safety Instructions
- Wall-Mount Template
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Monitor Audio Bronze FX
Features & specs
|Bipole or Dipole||Switchable|
|Midrange size (inches)||N/A|
|Woofer size (inches)||5-1/4|
|Frequency Response||74-30k Hz|
|Height (inches)||11 5/16|
|Width (inches)||11 3/16|
|Depth (inches)||4 15/16|
|Mounting Bracket Included||Keyhole|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
Bi-Pole/Di-Pole Configuration: The Bronze FX features both Bi-Pole and Di-Pole listening modes. There is a switch on the back of the speaker that lets you choose between Bi-Pole or Di-Pole mode. In Bi-Pole mode, both the driver and tweeters are all in phase. In Di-Pole mode the tweeter on one side of the speaker is out of phase to the other tweeter and driver to create a diffused sound. The speaker's angled baffle ensures optimal surround sound dispersion.
- When used as a rear surround speaker in a 5.1ch home theater system, set the Bronze FX to Bi-Pole mode.
- If part of a 7.1ch system with only one pair of Bronze FX speakers as rear or side surrounds (not both), set the speaker to Di-Pole mode.
- If using two pairs of Bronze FX speakers for side and rear effects, set both pair of speakers to Di-Pole mode. You'll need to swap the left and right side effects Bronze FX speakers (see Owner's Manual). The rear effects Bronze FX speakers are mounted in a standard left and right configuration.
C-CAM Technology: C-CAM driver technology is used throughout the Monitor Audio Bronze Series loudspeaker line-up, providing coherent tonal balance and sonic signature across the entire audio frequency spectrum. Ceramic-Coated Aluminum/Magnesium is a material originally developed by the aerospace industry for jet engine components. Its properties are ideal for loudspeaker cones being extremely rigid, yet light enough to yield high overall efficiency. In manufacture, aluminum/magnesium alloy undergoes a three-stage stress-relieving process to remove surface deformation and molecular weakness. Once formed, the alloy driver is subjected to a high temperature anodic coating process in which a layer of pure ceramic alumina is depleted onto its surfaces to a depth of 50 microns, producing a completely rigid sandwich of alloy and heat-dissipating ceramic material. Conventional drivers are liable to flex or twist in operation, producing a significant level of audible distortion. C-CAM drivers have a much higher resistance to bending stress and therefore exhibit much greater fidelity over their entire operating range.
Two 1" C-CAM Gold Dome Tweeters: The Bronze FX is outfitted with two of Monitor Audio's signature 1" C-CAM Gold Dome Tweeters upgraded with a new Uniform Dispersion (UD) Waveguide that delivers even sound dispersion, improved time alignment, and wider directivity for lifelike sound. The newly designed 1" C-CAM Gold Dome Tweeter extends the Bronze FX surround speaker's frequency response to an ultra-sonic 30kHz, allowing the full reproduction of harmonic frequencies vital to the accurate reproduction of, say, the decay of a piano string or the crash of a hi-hat. Additional structural improvements in dome geometry and drive mechanism have boosted accuracy and extension at the top end of the tweeter's range as well, generating the extraordinary high frequency quality that helps to define the sound of Bronze FX surround loudspeaker.
- Uniform Dispersion (UD Waveguide): The curved profile of the UD waveguide has been optimized for a better controlled directivity pattern and increased radiation efficiency. Thanks to the UD waveguide, the tweeter has a more controlled off-axis dispersion pattern which allows for greater listener positioning flexibility as the tonal balance won't change significantly when moving away from the central listening "hotspot". The depth of the UD waveguide means that the tweeter voice coil is located deeper within the cabinet and is more in line with the mid-bass drivers; resulting in a better sense of perceived timing because the sound from the tweeter and driver will reach the listener simultaneously. The UD waveguide also allows the crossover frequency to be decreased for a smoother and inaudible transition between the tweeter and driver.
- Innovative Venting System: Within the New Bronze tweeter, an innovative venting system allows air to flow outside the tweeter's magnet assembly into a rear loading chamber, preventing air from being compressed at the back of the dome for lower distortion, reduced mechanical resonance, and improved damping.
5.25" C-CAM Mid-Bass Driver: The Bronze FX houses a 5.25" C-CAM mid-bass driver featuring updated cone geometries and Damped Concentric Mode (DCM) technology which allows the speaker to have a deeper, fuller sound while retaining a clean and precise presentation. This newly designed 'dished' C-CAM cone employs the entire cone surface to radiate more sound. Unbroken by the center pole-piece aperture of conventional driver designs, the cone is inherently more rigid and efficient while being less prone to break-up under high drive conditions, resulting in exceptional detail resolution and life-like tonality. The driver's larger voice coil allows production of higher pressure levels and is is thermally coupled to the back of the cone, which draws heat away from the coil for better power handling and optimal operation at all volume levels.
Single Through-Bolt Mount: The drivers are individually mounted on a through-bolt which fixes at the back of the cabinet and tensions the driver at the front. Cleverly this triple-action feature braces the cabinet structure for lower box coloration while removing the need for conventional front fixings, reducing unwanted driver/cabinet resonance and simultaneously boosting aesthetics.
High Quality Crossover & Wiring: The Bronze AMS surround speaker utilizes a high-quality crossover network with premium-grade polyester film and electrolytic capacitors, as well as air-core and low-loss laminated steel-core inductors for maximum signal transfer and reduced distortion. Pureflow silver-plated oxygen-free copper internal cabling is used for the highest quality current transfer through the signal chain
Acoustic Suspension Cabinet: The Monitor Audio Bronze FX surround loudspeaker features an accoustic suspension (sealed) cabinet for accurate performance when installed in restricted voids or close to a wall. The speaker cabinet is available in a black or white finish and comes with a cloth-covered, acoustically transparent grille.
Gold-Plated Binding Posts: The Bronze FX surround loudspeaker is outfitted wit a set of gold-plated binding post terminals for excellent connection, signal transfer, and resistance to corrosion. These gold-plated binding posts will accept bare wire (up to 10AWG), pin connectors, & banana plugs (single only). Pre-installed plastic inserts must be removed to utilize banana plugs (single only).
Mounting Options: The Monitor Audio Bronze FX features two dedicated keyhole slots on the back of the enclsoure to mount the speaker to your wall (mounting screws not included). The Bronze FX can also be positioned on a shelf or stand (sold separately - see Accessories Tab). The FX speakers should be mounted behind or to the side of your main listening position, and approximately 2' above ear height.
Note: The Bronze FX does not accommodate optional 3rd party articulating wall-mount brackets.
Bronze Series: The Monitor Audio Bronze Series incorporates C-CAM driver and HiVe II port technologies, along with high-quality cabinetry and crossovers for powerful and detailed audio reproduction The Bronze Series is designed and engineered for both music and movie lovers. The Bronze Series from Monitor Audio consists of two floorstanding loudspeakers (200 / 500), two bookshelf loudspeakers (50 / 100), a center-channel loudspeaker (150), a surround loudspeaker (FX), a Dolby Atmos enabled speaker module (AMS), and a powered subwoofer (W10) - all sold separately.