About the Monitor Audio Bronze W10
Deep, accurate bass
The Monitor Audio W10 powered subwoofer serves up powerful, accurate bass.
Deep, accurate bass
The Monitor Audio W10 powered subwoofer offers deep, accurate bass that enhances music listening and movie viewing equally. It features a front-firing 10" long-throw woofer and a down-firing 10" auxiliary bass radiator that allow it to reach all the way down to ultra-low notes around 29 Hz. Its built-in 220-watt amplifier gives it ample power to get the job done.
The sub can be configured to suit your listening habits, too. It has three DSP (digital signal processing) settings for different scenarios: Music, Movie and Impact. A variable low-pass filter on the rear panel lets you dial in the bass to complement your speakers perfectly. And you can set it to come on automatically when the rest of your system is powered up.
Part of a complete Monitor Audio surround sound system
The Monitor Audio Bronze Series features an array of speakers that are voice-matched for compatibility in an immersive surround sound system:
- built-in Class D amplifier delivers 220 watts of continuous power
- front-firing 10" C-CAM woofer
- ultra-rigid, lightweight C-CAM® (Ceramic-Coated Aluminum/Magnesium) cone material provides high efficiency and low distortion
- 2" long-throw voice coil
- down-firing 10" flat-panel auxiliary bass radiator enhances low frequency response
- lower frequency limit: 29 Hz (-3 dB)
- DSP (Digital Signal Processing) tailors performance
- three EQ modes: Music, Movie and Impact
- accessible via rear-panel switch
- phase switch (0/180°)
- continuously variable low-pass 50-120 Hz crossover
- auto-sensing on/off
- mono LFE RCA input
- stereo RCA input
- 3.5mm 12-volt DC trigger input
Dimensions and warranty:
- 12-5/8"W x 14-7/16"H x 14-5/16"D (including feet)
- weight: 29 lbs., 9 oz.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # B6GW10BU
What's in the box:
- Powered subwoofer
- 6.5' AC power cord
- 10' Mono-minijack cable
- 4 Rubber feet
- Quick Start Guide
- Important Safety Instructions
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Monitor Audio Bronze W10
Features & specs
|Woofer Size (inches)||10|
|Preamp-Level Inputs||LFE, Stereo RCA|
|Low-Pass Crossover Freq||50-120|
|High-Pass Crossover Freq||N/A|
|Amplifier Output (watts)||220|
|Frequency Response||29-150 Hz|
|Speaker Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Speaker Labor Warranty||5 Years|
|Amplifier Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Amplifier Labor Warranty||5 Years|
C-CAM Technology: C-CAM driver technology is used in the Monitor Audio Bronze Series W10, providing coherent tonal balance and sonic signature across its entire audio low-frequency spectrum. Ceramic-Coated Aluminum/Magnesium is a material originally developed by the aerospace industry for jet engine components. Its properties are ideal for loudspeaker cones being extremely rigid, yet light enough to yield high overall efficiency. In manufacture, aluminum/magnesium alloy undergoes a three-stage stress-relieving process to remove surface deformation and molecular weakness. Once formed, the alloy driver is subjected to a high temperature anodic coating process in which a layer of pure ceramic alumina is depleted onto its surfaces to a depth of 50 microns, producing a completely rigid sandwich of alloy and heat-dissipating ceramic material. Conventional drivers are liable to flex or twist in operation, producing a significant level of audible distortion. C-CAM drivers have a much higher resistance to bending stress and therefore exhibit much greater fidelity over their entire operating range.
- 10" Long-Throw Woofer: Long-throw The Monitor Audio Bronze W10 is equipped with 10" woofer featuring "dished" C-CAM cone with a 2" long-throw voice coil for deep and refined bass notes.
- 10" Auxiliary Bass Radiator: A 10" flat-panel ABR (auxiliary bass driver) is mounted on the bottom of the powered sub to augment low frequency extension and power handling.
220W Class D Amplifier: The 10" C-CAM woofer is driven by a powerful, low-distortion Class-D Amplifier rated at 220 watts (RMS). The Class-D amplifier features a switch Mode power supply, designed to deliver high continuous rating and provides the instantaneous delivery of high current when required.
Rigid MDF Enclosure: The powered subwoofer's enclosure features 18mm thick MDF construction with heavy interior bracing applied to provide a stiff, low-resonance cabinet. The speaker cabinet is available in four contemporary finishes (White, Walnut, Urban Grey, and Black) with a sleek contrasting baffle and a cloth-covered, acoustically transparent grille for an understated appearance.
DSP Controls: The Bronze W10 powered sub features DSP processing with all controls and crossover adjustment performed in the digital domain for precision accuracy. The following controls are found on the rear-panel of the powered sub.
- Level Control: The level control adjusts the subwoofer's volume relative to the rest of your home audio system. After the sub's level control has been set, the volume control of your AV receiver will be the volume control for both the Monitor Audio powered subwoofer and your connected loudspeakers.
- Low-Pass Crossover: The variable low-pass crossover is adjustable from 50-120Hz. The crossover point chosen determines where low bass frequencies are "handed-off" from your AV system's loudspeakers to the Monitor Audio powered subwoofer. Set the crossover point based on the size of your systems' main left/right speakers.
- Phase Switch: The Phase switch is used to acoustically match the subwoofer's output to your main speakers. Select the position either 0-degrees or 180-degress in which your subwoofer has more output at the listening position.
- Bass EQ: The Bronze W10 powered subwoofer offers Impact, Movie, and Music presets for easy EQ operation. Movie mode provides a relatively flat response down to 35Hz. Music mode is -2dB down from Movie mode but goes lower, all the way down to 30Hz. Impact mode is +3dB up from Movie mode and comfortably goes down to 40Hz.
LFE/Stereo Inputs: The Monitor Audio Bronze W10 powered subwoofer is equipped with a dedicated LFE input and a stereo RCA input to connect the powered sub to a variety of AV receivers or integrated amplifiers.
- LFE Input: Most of today's AV receivers have a line-level subwoofer output (LFE). If your receiver has an LFE output, connect one end of a subwoofer cable (sold separately) to this output and connect the other end of the cable into the powered subwoofer's dedicated LFE input. This type of connection bypasses the powered sub's crossover and uses the low-pass crossover built into your AV receiver.
- Stereo Input: In absence of a subwoofer (LFE) output on your receiver, as an alternative hookup, you can connect Left & Right channel pre-amp outputs from the receiver to the stereo RCA inputs (Left/Right) on the powered subwoofer. This type of connection will use the low-pass crossover built into the powered sub.
12V Trigger Input: A 12V trigger input (3.5mm) syncs the Bronze W10 powered sub with other AV components when the system is activated.
Auto Power On/Off: The powered subwoofer will automatically turn On when it senses an audio signal. You can also choose to turn the powered sub On manually from the rear-switch on the back. It will automatically go into "Standby mode" after 15 minutes with no audio signal.
Mounting & Placement Options: The Bronze W10 powered subwoofer should be positioned along the same wall as your main speakers; preferably not directly in the corner of a room as this may cause excessive "boomy" bass. The Bronze W10 includes four integrated feet to position the powered sub up off the floor. It also comes with 4 additional rubber feet that can inserted into the integrated feet to isolate the powered subwoofer even more when placed on hard surfaces. The rubber add approximately 0.25" to the overall height of the sub.
Bronze Series: The Monitor Audio Bronze Series incorporates C-CAM driver and HiVe II port technologies, along with high-quality cabinetry and crossovers for rich and natural sound. The Bronze Series is designed and engineered for both music and movie lovers. The Bronze Series from Monitor Audio consists of two floorstanding loudspeakers (200 / 500), two bookshelf loudspeakers (50 / 100), a center-channel loudspeaker (150), a surround loudspeaker (FX), a Dolby Atmos enabled speaker module (ATMOS), and a powered subwoofer (W10).