Monitor Audio CP-WT150
Controlled Performance Series 2-way in-wall speaker with built-in back-box
California customers: click here for your Proposition 65 warning.Please
Our take on the Monitor Audio CP-WT150 by Crutchfield's Dave Bar
Consistent high-performance sound for your custom-installed system
Monitor Audio doesn't believe in-wall speakers should be relegated to the role of playing background music — and neither do we. Monitor's CP-CT150 Controlled Performance in-wall speaker is a great-sounding option for space-conscious critical listeners. One of our favorite features of this series is the back-box that's built onto each model: a carefully designed enclosure on the back that helps the speaker deliver consistently focused, well-balanced sound. This 5" 2-way model is sized to fit in smaller rooms, and you can count on it to give you good results no matter what kind of space is behind it in your wall.
Aim the tweeter toward your favorite listening spot
The CP-WT150's tweeter is made of a high-tech ceramic-coated aluminum/magnesium alloy — a responsive, lightweight, and ultra-rigid material that delivers detailed, extended high frequencies. The tweeter is further treated with an anodized layer of gold for ideal stiffness and damping characteristics for smooth sound. Plus, it pivots, so you can aim it toward your preferred listening spot for more direct sound. Solid, accurate mids and bass come courtesy of a 5" polymer woofer.
- 1" pivoting gold dome C-CAM® tweeter for detailed sound and extended high-frequency response
- 5" MMP® II (Metal Matrix Polymer) bass driver
- tweeter utilizes ultra-rigid, lightweight C-CAM (Ceramic-Coated Aluminum/Magnesium) cone material to provide high efficiency and low distortion
- frequency response: 75-25,000 Hz
- recommended amplifier power: 20-50 watts
- sensitivity: 85 dB
- impedance: 6 ohms
- high-frequency level adjustment switch (+3dB, 0dB, -3dB)
- patented Tri-Grip® mounting system ensures maximum surface seal for better bass and midrange clarity
- paintable bezel and removable magnetic steel grille
- airtight back enclosure protects driver system against dust and dirt while providing consistent performance in a variety of installations
- overall dimensions: (including grille): 9-1/2" x 14-3/16"
- cutout dimensions: 8-1/8" x 12-13/16"
- mounting depth: 3-3/4"
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- In-wall speaker
- Magnetic grille
- Cosmetic scrim
- Installation Guide
- Important Safety Instructions
- Limited Warranty/Registration Card
Why Shop With Us?10 Reasons.
Features and Specs
|Quantity in Package||Single|
|Cutout Size||8.125 x 12.8125|
|Power Range (Watts)||20-50|
|Connector Type||Spring post|
Two-Way Speaker Design: The Monitor Audio Controlled Performance CP-WT150 in-wall speaker features a 5" MMP II bass driver and a pivoting 1" C-CAM tweeter.
- C-CAM Gold-Dome Tweeter: The gold dome tweeter is formed from a ceramic-coated aluminum/magnesium alloy, gold anodized to a specific thickness for ideal stiffness and damping characteristics. Its new profile and surround geometry have been developed using advanced modeling tools, to provide the optimum qualities for accurate sound reproduction. The new design moves the first order of breakup to beyond 35kHz, producing a linear response way beyond audibility, which matches the wide frequency bandwidth available from HD music and cinema sound formats. The gold dome is thinner, lighter, more rigid and therefore more efficient than domes made from other materials which are prone to distortion in the audio band.
- MMP II Woofer: The Metal Matrix Polymer (MMP II) driver cone has a polypropylene base loaded with metallic particles to offer a rigid and responsive structure. It is manufactured using a sophisticated high-pressure injection process, which modulates cone thickness at critical points to optimize stiffness and consistency, resulting in a superior sonic performance.
Tweeter Control: The 1" C-CAM tweeter is able to pivot to direct the sound to your desired listening area. A tweeter level adjustment (+3/0/-3 dB) also aids in high frequency performance.
Sealed Design: The Monitor Audio CP-WT150's airtight enclosure design protects each precision-engineered driver system against the accumulation of damaging dirt and dust.
Trimless Grille: The CP-WT150 in-wall speaker features a "Trimless" steel-mesh grille that is held in place by high strength Neodymium magnets covering the entire speaker for a true trimless, stealth look. The grille is paintable to blend with the living environment; additional scrim material is provided for trouble free painting.
Tri-Grip Fixing System: Monitor Audio's innovative Tri-Grip fixing system is easier to install than conventional clamping schemes but provides three times the surface area and a better surface seal, maximizing bass response and midrange clarity. The Tri-Grip fixings are made from a tough re-enforced polymer, giving a secure installation.
Note: This Controlled Performance series loudspeaker can only be fixed into drywall with a thickness of up to 1.75".
Spring-Post Terminals: The Monitor Audio CP-WT150 is fitted with two spring-post terminals to connect your speaker wire. The spring-post terminals which accept bare wire (up to 10AWG) and angled pin-connectors.
Moisture & Fire Resistant: The Controlled Performance series in-wall speaker is splash and humidity proof for installation in shower rooms or pool areas. It also uses fire retardant materials specified to UL-94 VO rating.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Looking for more? Check out the next model in this lineup.
Get deeper bass and more control
The Monitor Audio CP-WT260 offers these features:
a 6" C-CAM metal cone woofer for deeper, more accurate bass response
a boundary compensation switch to more accurately tune the speaker to the room
frequency response: 65-25,000 Hz
power handling: 65 watts
Frequently Compared With
Monitor Audio CP-WT150
Controlled Performance Series 2-way in-wall speaker with built-in back-box$324.99 each
In-wall multi-purpose home theater speaker$300.00 each
Monitor Audio CP-WT260
Controlled Performance Series 2-way in-wall speaker with built-in back-box$424.99 each
Monitor Audio CP-WT240LCR
Controlled Performance Series in-wall multi-purpose speaker with built-in back-box