Monitor Audio CP-WT260
Controlled Performance Series 2-way in-wall speaker with built-in back-box
California customers: click here for your Proposition 65 warning.Please
Our take on the Monitor Audio CP-WT260 by Crutchfield's Dave Bar
Precision, high-quality drivers and a sealed back-box design are key to the Monitor Audio CP-WT260's impressive performance.
Outstanding sound without standing out
If you appreciate great music, but not a room full of speakers, we know you'll be delighted by the CP-WT260 from Monitor Audio. This high-performance in-wall speaker delivers outstanding sound while blending inconspicuously into your room's décor. Movie buffs, you'll be delighted too when you feel your heart beat faster along with the action on-screen.
Consistent performance no matter where you mount it
One of the key ingredients behind this speaker's impressive performance is its built-in back-box: a compact, fully sealed enclosure on the back that helps it deliver consistently focused, well-balanced sound. With normal open-back in-wall speakers, the space that's behind them can affect their tonal characteristics, and not always in a good way. By taking the guesswork out of the equation, Monitor Audio ensures that when you install a Controlled Performance Series speaker in your wall, you'll want to keep it there.
A high-tech tweeter and woofer
Another hallmark of Monitor Audio is the careful attention they pay to the build quality of their speaker drivers. Both the 1" tweeter and 6" woofer are made of a high-tech ceramic-coated aluminum/magnesium alloy that originally debuted as a material for jet engine components. It's a fantastic material for speakers, too, because it results in drivers that are extremely lightweight and rigid, which means they can respond to audio signals swiftly and precisely. The tweeter is further treated with an anodized layer of gold for ideal stiffness and damping characteristics. This 1" dome also pivots, so you can aim it toward your preferred listening spot for more direct sound.
- 1" pivoting gold dome C-CAM® tweeter for detailed sound and extended high-frequency response
- 6" C-CAM bass driver
- ultra-rigid, lightweight C-CAM (Ceramic-Coated Aluminum/Magnesium) cone material for high efficiency and low distortion
- airtight back enclosure protects driver system against dust and dirt while providing consistent performance in a variety of installations
- frequency response: 65-25,000 Hz
- recommended amplifier power: 20-65 watts
- sensitivity: 88 dB
- impedance: 6 ohms
- high-frequency level adjustment switch (+3dB, 0dB, -3dB)
- boundary compensation switch to more accurately tune the speaker to the room
- patented Tri-Grip® mounting system ensures maximum surface seal for better bass and midrange clarity
- paintable bezel and removable magnetic steel grille
- overall dimensions (including grille): 10-5/16" x 16-5/16"
- cutout dimensions: 8-15/16"" x 14-15/16"
- mounting depth: 3-3/4"
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- In-wall speaker
- Magnetic grille
- Cosmetic scrim
- Installation Guide
- Important Safety Instructions
- Limited Warranty/Registration Card
Why Shop With Us?12 Reasons.
Features and Specs
|Quantity in Package||Single|
|Cutout Size||8.9375 x 14.9375|
|Power Range (Watts)||20-65|
|Connector Type||Spring post|
Two-Way Speaker Design: The Monitor Audio Controlled Performance CP-WT260 in-wall speaker features a 6" C-CAM bass driver and a pivoting 1" C-CAM tweeter.
- C-CAM Gold-Dome Tweeter: The gold dome tweeter is formed from a ceramic-coated aluminum/magnesium alloy, gold anodized to a specific thickness for ideal stiffness and damping characteristics. Its new profile and surround geometry have been developed using advanced modeling tools, to provide the optimum qualities for accurate sound reproduction. The new design moves the first order of breakup to beyond 35kHz, producing a linear response way beyond audibility, which matches the wide frequency bandwidth available from HD music and cinema sound formats. The gold dome is thinner, lighter, more rigid and therefore more efficient than domes made from other materials which are prone to distortion in the audio band.
- C-CAM Woofer: Ceramic-Coated Aluminum/Magnesium is a material originally developed by the aerospace industry for jet engine components. Its properties are ideal for loudspeaker cones, being extremely rigid, yet light enough to yield high overall efficiency. During manufacturing, aluminum/magnesium alloy undergoes a three-stage stress-relieving process to remove surface deformation and molecular weakness. Once formed, the alloy cone is subjected to a high temperature anodic coating process in which a layer of pure ceramic alumina is depleted onto its surfaces to a depth of 50 microns, producing a completely rigid sandwich of alloy and heat-dissipating ceramic material. Conventional cones are liable to flex or twist in operation, producing a significant level of audible distortion. C-CAM cones have a much higher resistance to bending stress and therefore exhibit much greater fidelity over their entire operating range.
Tweeter Control: The 1" C-CAM tweeter is able to pivot to direct the sound to your desired listening area. A tweeter level adjustment (+3/0/-3 dB) and boundary compensation control (On/Off) also aid in high frequency performance.
Sealed Design: The Monitor Audio CP-WT260's airtight enclosure design protects each precision-engineered driver system against the accumulation of damaging dirt and dust.
Trimless Grille: The CP-WT260 in-wall speaker features a "Trimless" steel-mesh grille that is held in place by high strength Neodymium magnets covering the entire speaker for a true trimless, stealth look. The grille is paintable to blend with the living environment; additional scrim material is provided for trouble free painting.
Tri-Grip Fixing System: Monitor Audio's innovative Tri-Grip fixing system is easier to install than conventional clamping schemes but provides three times the surface area and a better surface seal, maximizing bass response and midrange clarity. The Tri-Grip fixings are made from a tough re-enforced polymer, giving a secure installation.
Note: This Controlled Performance series loudspeaker can only be fixed into drywall with a thickness of up to 1.75".
Spring-Post Terminals: The Monitor Audio CP-WT260 is fitted with two spring-post terminals to connect your speaker wire. The spring-post terminals which accept bare wire (up to 10AWG) and angled pin-connectors.
Moisture & Fire Resistant: The Controlled Performance series in-wall speaker is splash and humidity proof for installation in shower rooms or pool areas. It also uses fire retardant materials specified to UL-94 VO rating.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Frequently Compared With
Monitor Audio CP-WT260
Controlled Performance Series 2-way in-wall speaker with built-in back-box$424.99 each
Monitor Audio CP-WT150
Controlled Performance Series 2-way in-wall speaker with built-in back-box$324.99 each
Monitor Audio CP-WT240LCR
Controlled Performance Series in-wall multi-purpose speaker with built-in back-box