About the Monitor Audio CS140
A high-quality, versatile Monitor Audio in-ceiling speaker
A high-quality, versatile Monitor Audio in-ceiling speaker
Monitor Audio is well-known for their award-winning, cabinet-style speaker lineup. But the iconic British speaker company has also made sure that their custom installation models offer the same sonic signature our customers love. The CS140 in-wall/in-ceiling speaker boasts a compact design, but it's packed with high-end speaker technology to deliver smooth, sweet sound.
High-performance drivers yield excellent sound
The CS140 offers impressive performance thanks to Monitor's ingenious driver designs. Take, for example, the advanced gold dome tweeter. It's the same one that Monitor uses in many of its traditional cabinet-style speakers, crafted from a high-tech aluminum/magnesium alloy and treated with an anodized layer of gold for even smoother sound. The tweeter pivots, so you can aim the highs toward your favorite listening spot.
Monitor Audio's CS140 in-ceiling speaker features their signature 1" gold dome tweeter for excellent sound.
A 4" polymer cone woofer dishes out detailed mids and tight midbass. And Monitor's Tri-Grip® mounts make it simple to fasten this slim speaker into your ceiling or wall and ensure a tight seal.
If this is a do-it-yourself install, check out my guide to installing in-ceiling speakers, along with our selection of in-wall speaker wire. You can paint the included magnetic grille to have your speaker blend in with your décor.
- slim mounting depth allows for installation in the ceiling or wall where space is at a premium
- ideal for an in-ceiling or in-wall music system or overhead surround effects channel of a home theater system
- pivoting 1" gold dome C-CAM® (Ceramic-Coated Aluminum/Magnesium) tweeter for detailed sound and extended high-frequency response
- 4" MMP® II (Metal Matrix Polymer) woofer
- recommended amplifier power: 10-50 watts
- frequency response: 75-30,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 85 dB
- impedance: 6 ohms
- patented Tri-Grip® mounting system ensures maximum surface seal for better bass and midrange clarity
- paintable removable square magnetic grille
- cutout diameter: 5-7/8"
- mounting depth: 3-7/8"
- dimensions with square grille: 6-15/16"W x 6-15/16"H
- weight: 2.6 lbs.
- warranty: lifetime
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # CS140S
What's in the box:
Monitor Audio CS140 owner's manual
- In-ceiling speaker
- Paint skim
- Installation Guide
- Important Safety Instructions
- Cutout Template
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the Monitor Audio CS140
Features & specs
|Quantity in Package||Single|
|Woofer Composition||Metal Matrix Polymer|
|Connector Type||Spring post|
|Power Range (Watts)||10-50|
Two-Way Driver Design: The CS140 in-ceiling speaker utilizes a two-way driver design, featuring a pivoting 1" C-CAM Gold Dome tweeter and a proprietary 4" MMP II woofer. Engineered for excellent detail resolution, the CS140 will deliver great sound for distributed audio, home theater, and stereo applications.
- Pivoting 1" C-CAM Gold Dome Tweeter: The gold dome tweeter is formed from a ceramic-coated aluminum/magnesium alloy, gold anodized to a specific thickness for ideal stiffness and damping characteristics. Its new profile and surround geometry have been developed using advanced modeling tools, to provide the optimum qualities for accurate sound reproduction. The new design moves the first order of breakup to beyond 35kHz, producing a linear response way beyond audibility, which matches the wide frequency bandwidth available from HD music and cinema sound formats. The gold dome is thinner, lighter, more rigid and therefore more efficient than domes made from other materials which are prone to distortion in the audio band.
- 4" MMP II Cone Woofer: The 4" MMP II (Metal Matrix Polymer) cone woofer has a polypropylene base loaded with metallic particles to offer a rigid and responsive structure. It is manufactured using a sophisticated high-pressure injection process, which modulates cone thickness at critical points to optimize stiffness and consistency, resulting in a superior sonic performance.
Spring-Post Terminals: The Monitor Audio CS140 is outfitted with two gold-plated spring-post terminals to connect your speaker wire. The spring-post terminals which accept bare wire (up to 10AWG), banana plugs (sing/dual), and angled pin-connectors.
"Trimless" Magnetic Grille: The CS140 in-ceiling speaker features a steel-mesh grille that is held in place by high strength Neodymium magnets covering the entire speaker for a true "trimless", stealth look. The grille is paintable to blend with the living environment; additional scrim material is provided for trouble free painting.
Note: The CS140 is available with a square or round grille (does not come with both).
Slim Design: Integrating the bass driver basket with the frame, monitor Audio engineers have reduced the over speaker size by 25% over conventional in-ceiling speakers without any reduction in performance. Requiring only a 5.875" (diameter) cutout and having a mounting depth of only 3.9375", the CS140 is ideal for ceiling installations where depth is restricted.
Tri-Grip Fixing System: Monitor Audio's innovative Tri-Grip fixing system is easier to install than conventional clamping schemes and provides 3x the surface area and a better surface seal, maximizing bass response and midrange clarity. The Tri-Grip fixings are made from a tough re-enforced polymer, giving a secure installation.
Note: The CS140 speaker can only be fixed into drywall and suspended ceilings with a thickness of up to 1.75".
Protective Covers: The Monitor Audio CS140 features a dust protection cover that is designed to prevent the ingress of dirt or dust into the driver and crossover.
1 question already asked