About the Monitor Audio CT165-T2
Hear all the music from a single in-ceiling speaker
Hear all the music from a single in-ceiling speaker
Have you ever sat listening to a familiar song in a coffee shop or an office, only to realize that you were only hearing part of the music? Maybe some of the voices or instruments seemed very distant or just not there at all. You were probably only hearing one channel of the stereo mix. That's where a stereo-input speaker like Monitor Audio's CT165-T2 can help. It's designed with left- and right-channel connections and with a pair of tweeters, allowing it to reproduce both channels at the same time. We recommend installing speakers like this one in tight spaces like hallways or bathrooms, where multiple speakers aren't practical. It's a great way to make sure you're getting all the instruments, all the harmony parts — everything that's in the music's stereo mix.
The Monitor Audio CT165-T2 features stereo inputs and a pair of 1" gold dome tweeters.
High-tech drivers for clear sound
The CT165-T2 features two of Monitor Audio's 1" gold dome tweeters. They're made from a high-tech ceramic-coated aluminum/magnesium alloy with an anodized layer of gold for controlled and accurate response. Plus, both tweeters pivot, so you can aim the sound toward your preferred listening spot. Solid, accurate mids and bass come courtesy of a 6-1/2" polymer woofer. The splash- and humidity-resistant design is a nice touch — that gives you the freedom to use this speaker in moist environments like bathrooms and kitchens.
- stereo-input speaker plays both the left and right channels of the stereo mix
- two pivoting 1" gold dome C-CAM® (Ceramic-Coated Aluminum/Magnesium) tweeters
- 6-1/2" MMP® II (Metal Matrix Polymer) woofer
- "Trimless" design features an unobtrusive frame and low-profile grille for discreet installation
- splash-proof and humidity-proof for installation in bathrooms or pool areas
- recommended amplifier power: 20-65 watts
- frequency response: 60-25,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 88.5 dB
- impedance: 6 ohms (each input)
- patented Tri-Grip® mounting system ensures maximum surface seal for better bass and midrange clarity
- paintable removable magnetic steel grille
- overall size (including grille): 9-13/16" diameter
- cutout diameter: 8-1/4"
- mounting depth: 4-1/2"
- weight: 4-5/8 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # CT165T2
What's in the box:
- In-ceiling speaker
- Round grille
- Paint skim
- Installation Guide
- Important Safety Instructions
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Monitor Audio CT165-T2
Features & specs
|Quantity in Package||Single|
|Connector Type||Spring post|
|Bi-Amp Inputs||Stereo input|
|Power Range (Watts)||20-65|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
Two-Way Speaker Design: The Monitor Audio Custom Install series CT165-T2 in-ceiling speaker features a two-way driver design with dual 1" C-CAM gold dome pivoting tweeters and a 6.5" MMP II midrange/midbass woofer for a stereo configuration from one speaker.
- C-CAM Gold-Dome Tweeter: The gold dome tweeter is formed from a ceramic-coated aluminum/magnesium alloy, gold anodized to a specific thickness for ideal stiffness and damping characteristics. Its new profile and surround geometry have been developed using advanced modeling tools, to provide the optimum qualities for accurate sound reproduction. The new design moves the first order of breakup to beyond 35kHz, producing a linear response way beyond audibility, which matches the wide frequency bandwidth available from HD music and cinema sound formats. The gold dome is thinner, lighter, more rigid and therefore more efficient than domes made from other materials which are prone to distortion in the audio band.
- MMP II Midrange/Midbass Woofer: The Metal Matrix Polymer (MMP II) driver cone has a polypropylene base loaded with metallic particles to offer a rigid and responsive structure. They are manufactured using a sophisticated high-pressure injection process, which modulates cone thickness at critical points to optimise stiffness and consistency, resulting in a superior sonic performance.
Dual Pivoting Tweeters: The two 1" C-CAM tweeters are both able to pivot (+/-15°) to direct the sound to your desired listening area for stereo sound.
Trimless Grille: The CT165-T2 in-ceiling speaker features a "Trimless" steel-mesh grille that is held in place by high strength Neodymium magnets covering the entire speaker for a true trimless, stealth look. The grille is paintable to blend with the living environment; additional scrim material is provided for trouble free painting.
Tri-Grip Fixing System: Monitor Audio's innovative Tri-Grip fixing system is easier to install than conventional clamping schemes but provides three times the surface area and a better surface seal, maximizing bass response and midrange clarity. The Tri-Grip fixings are made from a tough re-enforced polymer, giving a secure installation.
Note: This Custom Install series loudspeaker can only be fixed into drywall with a thickness of up to 1.75".
Stereo Inputs: The Monitor Audio CT165-T2 is fitted with two pair of spring-post terminals for a stereo configuration from one speaker. The spring-post terminals which accept bare wire (up to 10AWG) and angled pin-connectors.
Protective Covers: The CT165-T2 features dust protection covers that are designed to prevent the ingress of dirt or dust into the driver and crossover.
Moisture & Fire Resistant: The Custom Install series in-ceiling speaker is splash and humidity proof for installation in shower rooms or pool areas. It also uses fire retardant materials specified to UL-94 VO rating.