About the Monitor Audio CWT160
The "sweet spot" of performance and convenience
The "sweet spot" of performance and convenience
Sure, we've got custom-install speakers from Monitor Audio that are packed with even more high-end technologies than the CWT160, but this slim, stealthy model delivers what we think many people will find to be a really useful combination of installation convenience and performance features.
Discreet, easy-to-install design
Choose the CWT160 with a round or square grille to match your application and preference.
All the models in Monitor's CWT (Ceiling/Wall Trimless) Series measure less than 4" deep and come with your choice of round or square paintable grilles. Add to that a splash- and humidity-proof design, and that means you can use these speakers in just about any application around your home. Monitor's Tri-Grip® mounts make it easier to fasten the speaker in your ceiling or wall and ensure a tight seal.
Great sound for your custom-installed system
The CWT160 offers impressive performance thanks to Monitor's ingenious driver designs. Take, for example, the advanced gold dome tweeter. It's the same one that Monitor uses in many of its traditional cabinet-style speakers, crafted from a high-tech aluminum/magnesium alloy and treated with an anodized layer of gold for even smoother sound. The tweeter pivots, so you can aim the highs toward your favorite listening spot. A 6" polymer cone woofer dishes out detailed mids and tight bass.
- "Trimless" design features an unobtrusive frame and low-profile grille for discreet installation
- pivoting 1" gold dome C-CAM® (Ceramic-Coated Aluminum/Magnesium) tweeter for detailed sound and extended high-frequency response
- 6" MMP® II (Metal Matrix Polymer) woofer
- recommended amplifier power: 15-70 watts
- frequency response: 60-30,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 88 dB
- impedance: 6 ohms
- patented Tri-Grip® mounting system ensures maximum surface seal for better bass and midrange clarity
- paintable removable magnetic steel grille
- overall size (including grille): 7-13/16" square
- cutout diameter: 6-11/16"
- shallow mounting depth of 3-7/8"
- weight: 4-5/8 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # CWT160S
What's in the box:
- In-ceiling speaker
- Square grille
- Paint skim
- Installation Guide
- Important Safety Instructions
Monitor Audio CWT160 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Monitor Audio CWT160
Features & specs
|Quantity in Package||Single|
|Connector Type||Spring post|
|Power Range (Watts)||15-70|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
Two-Way Speaker Design: The Monitor Audio Custom Install series CWT 160 (Square) in-ceiling speaker features a two-way driver design with a 1" C-CAM gold dome pivoting tweeter and a 6" MMP II midrange/midbass woofer.
- C-CAM Gold-Dome Tweeter: The gold dome tweeter is formed from a ceramic-coated aluminum/magnesium alloy, gold anodized to a specific thickness for ideal stiffness and damping characteristics. Its new profile and surSquare geometry have been developed using advanced modeling tools, to provide the optimum qualities for accurate sound reproduction. The new design moves the first order of breakup to beyond 35kHz, producing a linear response way beyond audibility, which matches the wide frequency bandwidth available from HD music and cinema sound formats. The gold dome is thinner, lighter, more rigid and therefore more efficient than domes made from other materials which are prone to distortion in the audio band.
- MMP II Midrange/Midbass Woofer: The Metal Matrix Polymer (MMP II) driver cone has a polypropylene base loaded with metallic particles to offer a rigid and responsive structure. They are manufactured using a sophisticated high-pressure injection process, which modulates cone thickness at critical points to optimise stiffness and consistency, resulting in a superior sonic performance.
Trimless Grille: The CWT 160 (Square) in-ceiling speaker features a square "Trimless" steel-mesh grille that is held in place by high strength Neodymium magnets covering the entire speaker for a true trimless, stealth look. The grille is paintable to blend with the living environment; additional scrim material is provided for trouble free painting.
Tri-Grip Fixing System: Monitor Audio's innovative Tri-Grip fixing system is easier to install than conventional clamping schemes but provides three times the surface area and a better surface seal, maximizing bass response and midrange clarity. The Tri-Grip fixings are made from a tough re-enforced polymer, giving a secure installation.
Note: This Custom Install series loudspeaker can only be fixed into drywall with a thickness of up to 1.75".
Spring-Post Terminals: The Monitor Audio CWT 160 (Square) is fitted with two spring-post terminals to connect your speaker wire. The spring-post terminals which accept bare wire (up to 10AWG) and angled pin-connectors.
Protective Covers: The CWT 160 (Square) features dust protection covers that are designed to prevent the ingress of dirt or dust into the driver and crossover.
Moisture & Fire Resistant: The Custom Install series in-ceiling speaker is splash and humidity proof for installation in shower rooms or pool areas. It also uses fire retardant materials specified to UL-94 VO rating.