About the Monitor Audio CWT240
A problem-solving speaker that saves space
A problem-solving speaker that saves space
Nearly all in-ceiling speakers come with a round grille in the box. But some rooms call for square grilles to properly match the décor. Cue the Monitor Audio CWT240 — a sweet-sounding in-ceiling speaker that includes a square grille instead of a conventional round one.
The CWT240 uses the same gold dome tweeter found in many of Monitor's highly acclaimed bookshelf and floor-standing speakers.
Use a pair of these stealthy speakers for natural, revealing sound in your custom-installed music or home theater system.
Signature sound from Monitor's gold dome tweeter
The CWT240 uses Monitor's signature 1" C-CAM® (Ceramic-Coated Aluminum/Magnesium) gold dome tweeter for clear, detailed highs and realistic reproduction of instruments, vocals, and dialogue.
Solid midrange and bass
This speaker also uses C-CAM for its 4" woofer. This alloy was originally developed by the aerospace industry for jet engine components. It's lightweight and strong, which allows the woofer to respond quickly and precisely.
If this is a do-it-yourself install, check out our guide to installing in-ceiling speakers, along with our selection of in-wall speaker wire.
- ideal for an in-ceiling music system or overhead surround effects in a home theater system
- 4" C-CAM woofer for tight bass and articulate midrange
- pivoting 1" gold dome C-CAM tweeter for smooth, revealing highs
- frequency response: 75-30,000 Hz
- recommended amplifier power: 10-50 watts per channel
- sensitivity: 85 dB
- nominal impedance: 6 ohms
- patented Tri-Grip® mounting system ensures a tight, secure installation
- ultra-thin bezel and paintable magnetic square grille provide seamless integration into your décor
Dimensions and warranty:
- cutout diameter: 5-7/8"
- overall dimensions: 6-15/16"W x 6-15/16"H
- mounting depth: 3-7/8"
- weight: 2.6 lbs.
- warranty: lifetime
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # CWT240S
What's in the box:
Monitor Audio CWT240 owner's manual
- In-ceiling speaker
- Square grille
- Paint skim
- Installation Guide
- Important Safety Instructions
Monitor Audio CWT240 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the Monitor Audio CWT240
Features & specs
|Quantity in Package||Single|
|Connector Type||Spring post|
|Outdoor (Partial Exposure)||No|
|Outdoor (Full Exposure)||No|
|Power Range (Watts)||10-50|
Two-Way Speaker Design: The Monitor Audio CWT 240 (Square) in-ceiling speaker in-ceiling speaker utilizes a two-way driver design, featuring a pivoting 1" C-CAM Gold Dome tweeter and a 4" C-CAM cone woofer. Engineered for excellent detail resolution, the CWT 240 (Square) delivers great sound for distributed audio, home theater, and stereo applications.
- C-CAM Gold-Dome Tweeter: The gold dome tweeter is formed from a ceramic-coated aluminum/magnesium alloy, gold anodized to a specific thickness for ideal stiffness and damping characteristics. Its new profile and surSquare geometry have been developed using advanced modeling tools, to provide the optimum qualities for accurate sound reproduction. The new design moves the first order of breakup to beyond 35kHz, producing a linear response way beyond audibility, which matches the wide frequency bandwidth available from HD music and cinema sound formats. The gold dome is thinner, lighter, more rigid and therefore more efficient than domes made from other materials which are prone to distortion in the audio band.
- 4" C-CAM Cone Woofer: Ceramic-Coated Aluminum/Magnesium is a material originally developed by the aerospace industry for jet engine components. Its properties are ideal for loudspeaker cones being extremely rigid, yet light enough to yield high overall efficiency. In manufacturing, aluminum/magnesium alloy undergoes a three-stage stress-relieving process to remove surface deformation and molecular weakness. Once formed, the alloy cone is subjected to a high temperature anodic coating process in which a layer of pure ceramic alumina is depleted onto its surfaces to a depth of 50 microns, producing a completely rigid sandwich of alloy and heat-dissipating ceramic material. Conventional cones are liable to flex or twist in operation, producing a significant level of audible distortion. C-CAM cones have a much higher resistance to bending stress and therefore exhibit much greater fidelity over their entire operating range.
"Trimless" Magnetic Grille: The CWT 240 (Square) in-ceiling speaker features a square "Trimless" steel-mesh grille that is held in place by high strength Neodymium magnets covering the entire speaker for a true trimless, stealth look. The grille protrudes approximately 0.1875" from the wall. The grille is paintable to blend with the living environment; additional scrim material is provided for trouble free painting.
Tri-Grip Fixing System: Monitor Audio's innovative Tri-Grip fixing system is easier to install than conventional clamping schemes and provides 3x the surface area and a better surface seal, maximizing bass response and midrange clarity. The Tri-Grip fixings are made from a tough re-enforced polymer, giving a secure installation. There needs to be a minimum of 1" clearance around the cutout behind the wall to accommodate the Tri-Grip fixing clamps.
- Cutout Size: 5.875" (diameter)
- Mounting Depth: 3.875"
- Ceiling Thickness: 0.25" to 1.75"
Spring-Post Terminals: The Monitor Audio CWT 240 (Square) is fitted with two spring-post terminals to connect your speaker wire. The spring-post terminals which accept bare wire (up to 12AWG) and angled pin-connectors.
Protective Cover: The Monitor Audio CWT 240 (Square) features a dust protection cover that is designed to prevent the ingress of dirt or dust into the driver and crossover.