About the Monitor Audio Gold C350
Crystal-clear home theater sound
From soft whispers to screaming guitars and massive special effects, most of what you hear in a movie or concert video happens at the center of your screen. So you need a speaker at the heart of your high-end home theater system that delivers extremely accurate vocals and full-range sound. Monitor Audio's Gold GC350 center channel speaker covers it all, bringing on-screen action to life in larger rooms. The Gold GC350 offers all of the goodness that made the previous generation of Gold speakers Monitor Audio Gold speakers so exceptional, but adds refinements for even better performance. This center channel's design blends in perfectly with Monitor's line of Gold series speakers, for building a seamlessly matched home cinema system.
Advanced design and meticulous construction make the Monitor Audio Gold C350 center channel speaker a stunning performer.
Continuing advancements in driver design for even better sound
Ultra-fast ribbon tweeters (their daddy was a jet engine)
For their latest Gold series speakers, Monitor Audio again relies on their acclaimed ribbon transducers. Made from ultra-thin layers of a ceramic-coated aluminum/magnesium alloy developed by the aerospace industry for jet engine components, these ultra low-mass ribbons effortlessly deliver extended high-frequency response out to 60,000 Hz. To increase performance even further, Monitor has tightened manufacturing tolerances to allow these capable drivers to offer consistently more open and transparent sound. Greater production uniformity also means closer tweeter matching in a system, providing enhanced imaging and a greater sense of detail.
Newly designed woofer cones
The speaker's tight, responsive bass and dynamic midrange come courtesy of Monitor's twin 6-1/2" C-CAM woofers and 4" midrange with RST® (Rigid Surface Technology). Created from the same lightweight alloy as the tweeters, these drivers are strengthened and stiffened even further using a dimpled RST cone surface. The cone also takes the form of a continuous radiating dish, eliminating the central voice-coil opening and dust cap to allow a longer voice coil and larger motor to sit behind the cone. This more efficient assembly provides greater drive force, longer excursions, and lower distortion, for cleaner, more extended and accurate bass definition.
Side-by-side listening tests at Monitor Audio comparing previous models demonstrated that the new Gold models sound more open and dynamic, with a soundstage that is both taller and wider than the previous model.
Attention to detail, inside and out
Wired for transparent sound
Meticulous engineering and hours of focused listening go into each Gold series speaker. The Gold C350's woofers, midrange, and tweeter are connected to an equally sophisticated crossover network made with audiophile-grade components. Monitor also chose their Pureflow® Silver cabling to make all internal connections. Together, these refinements give you a smoother, flatter frequency response, more powerful dynamics, and faster transients, for sound with real presence and immediacy.
Vault-like cabinet construction
Instead of conventional mounting screws, each driver is held in place using a single tensioned rod, or through-bolt, that threads into its back plate, then secures to the back of the cabinet. The bolt not only acts as a rigid cabinet brace to reduce box coloration, it also eliminates the need for traditional driver mounting hardware, effectively decoupling the driver and front baffle to eliminate another source of unwanted resonance.
Monitor Audio speakers have long been known for their sturdy, vault-like cabinet construction. The Gold C350's well-damped, cross-braced enclosure features a curved profile with large-radius edges. This design helps further increase cabinet rigidity while reducing both external diffraction and internal standing waves that can color sound and reduce accuracy.
Gorgeous, furniture-grade finish
The speaker's exterior comes clad in a mirror-like ebony veneer finish. Eleven layers of lacquer are built-up individually to achieve a luxuriously deep finish. Once assembled the real-wood cabinets are hand finished to ensure absolute precision in the joinery. Monitor tops off each speaker with an attractive "floating" magnetic cloth grille that features invisible attachments to give the Gold C350 a clean, classic look whether you use it with the grille on or off.
- frequency response: 40-60,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 90 dB
- impedance: 8 ohms
- recommended amplifier power: 100-200 watts
- ultra-rigid, lightweight C-CAM® (Ceramic-Coated Aluminum/Magnesium) cone material provides high efficiency and low distortion
- close-tolerance C-CAM ribbon high-frequency transducer for detailed sound and extended high-frequency response
- 4" C-CAM midrange with latest generation RST® (Rigid Surface Technology) to enhance stiffness and reduce mass for greater speed and accuracy
- dual 6-1/2" C-CAM woofers with latest-generation RST for powerful, low-distortion bass
- heavily braced, curved cabinet for increased rigidity and reduced internal standing waves
- single bolt-through driver attachment provides mechanical decoupling and increased cabinet rigidity for greater clarity and resolution
- acoustic suspension (sealed) cabinet design
- high-quality crossover with premium-grade polypropylene film capacitors for greater accuracy
- dual gold-plated five-way binding post speaker terminals with bi-amp/bi-wire capability
- speaker wired internally with specialized Pureflow® Silver cable
- 22-7/8"W x 10"H x 13-1/8"D
- weight: 21.75 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # GOLDC350PE
What's in the box:
- Center-channel loudspeaker
- 4 Rubber feet
- Owner's Manual
- Important Safety Instructions
Monitor Audio Gold C350 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Monitor Audio Gold C350
Features & specs
|Midrange size (inches)||4|
|Woofer size (inches)||6-1/2|
|Frequency Response||40-60k Hz|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
3-Way Speaker Design: The Monitor Audio Gold series C350 center-channel loudspeaker employs a 3-way driver design with a single C-CAM ribbon tweeter, one 4" C-CAM/RST midrange driver and two 6.5" C-CAM/RST bass woofers. This 3-way configuration delivers an impressive natural, detailed, dynamic audio performance.
- Newly Designed Tweeter: The new design C-CAM Ribbon tweeter has been employed to propel high frequency reproduction to well beyond 60 kHz, at least two octaves beyond the threshold of human hearing.
- Specially Designed Midrange Driver: A specially developed 4" mid-range driver with an "under-hung" voice coil and motor system ensures very low distortion.
- Dual Bass Drivers: Dual 6.5" bass drivers featuring a larger piston area offer higher efficiency and better dynamics.
C-CAM Technology: C-CAM driver technology is used throughout the Gold series C350 center-channel loudspeaker, providing coherent tonal balance and sonic signature across the entering audio frequency spectrum.
- C-CAM Ribbon Tweeter: Monitor Audio's proprietary ribbon tweeter design uses an ultra-thin sandwich of C-CAM alloy suspended in a powerful transverse magnetic field of high energy NeFeB rare earth magnets. The ribbon serves as both voice coil and radiating diaphragm, with every part of the ribbon driven directly and simultaneously without energy storage. Having a mass of just 18mg, its diaphragm is able to start and stop in an instant, producing a transient response capable of defining the leading edge and natural harmonic resonance of complex musical sounds. Specified to reach ultra-high frequencies, this ribbon tweeter will reproduce with ease every last nuance and detail from vinyl, CD, DVD Audio, and SACD, together with the wider bandwidth of Blu-ray or high resolution digital audio.
- C-CAM Cone Woofer: Ceramic-Coated Aluminum/Magnesium is a material originally developed by the aerospace industry for jet engine components. Its properties are ideal for loudspeaker cones being extremely rigid, yet light enough to yield high overall efficiency. In manufacture, aluminum/magnesium alloy undergoes a three-stage stress-relieving process to remove surface deformation and molecular weakness. Once formed, the alloy cone is subjected to a high temperature anodic coating process in which a layer of pure ceramic alumina is depleted onto its surfaces to a depth of C350 microns, producing a completely rigid sandwich of alloy and heat-dissipating ceramic material. Conventional cones are liable to flex or twist in operation, producing a significant level of audible distortion. C-CAM cones have a much higher resistance to bending stress and therefore exhibit much greater fidelity over their entire operating range.
RST (Rigid Surface Technology): The Gold series center-channel speaker combines Rigid Surface Technology (RST) with its C-CAM cone woofer design for a stronger, lighter weight cone. The Rigid Surface Technology (RST) cone profile was inspired by the Japanese art of Origami, which demonstrates how a very light material (like paper) can be strengthened and made more rigid by making small and precise folds on it surface. Developed and perfect using sophisticated computer modeling (Finite Element Analysis), the Silver series midbass drivers have been strengthened by a pattern of dimples. RST significantly increases cone rigidity, allowing the radiating surfaces to resist mechanical bending forces, which can twist the shape of conventional driver cones to produce distorted sound. The strengthening effect of RST means that Monitor Audio can use thinner, lighter and more responsive C-CAM cones which provide speed and accuracy while offering greatly reduced distortion. The RST patterns also help to displace standing waves that can propagate on the cone's surface.
Single Through-Bolt Mount: The tweeter and woofers are fixed to the cabinet with single through-bolt driver fixing mounts. This single-through-bolt mount design provides mechanical de-coupling and enhanced midband clarity and resolution. The through-bolts also act as rigid cross bracing to give a very solid non-resonant cabinet.
MDF Curved Enclosure w/ Magnetic Grille: The C350 employs a MDF enclosure for accurate, uncolored sound. Rigid 20mm MDF construction is used throughout the enclosure with radial and cross-bracing techniques for high rigidity and low cabinet coloration. In addition, the curved cabinet profile aids in increased rigidity and reduced internal standing waves. In addition, the center-channel speaker comes with a magnetic grille.
High Quality Crossover & Wiring: The C350 uses a high quality crossover with premium grade polypropylene film capacitors. The speaker also utilizes "Pureflow" silver plated OFC copper internal cabling.
Dual Gold-Plated Binding Posts: The center-channel loudspeaker has two sets of gold-plated binding posts connected by wire-jumpers. The gold-plated binding posts will accept bare wire (up to 10AWG), pin connectors, & banana plugs (single only). Using the dual posts, you can bi-wire or bi-amp the speaker. Bi-wiring or bi-amping the speaker provides improved bass & treble performance. If you decide to bi-wire or bi-amp, you must remove the jumpers between the terminal posts (failure to do this could result in damage to your amplifier and loudspeakers).
- Bi-Wiring: Bi-wiring can provide noticeable improvements in the overall transparency of your loudspeakers. Run separate speaker wires to the low & high frequency drivers from a single amplifier (the upper set of binding posts are for the high frequency drivers; the lower set of binding posts are for the low frequency drivers).
- Bi-Amping: Bi-amping allows you to use separate amplifiers for the high & low frequency sections of your loudspeaker for greater dynamic range & lower distortion. We recommend that your separate amplifiers have identical gain to preserve the speaker's voicing balance.