About the Monitor Audio Radius 200
Center channel realism
Center channel realism
Looking for crisp, focused center channel sound from a speaker that doesn't take up a lot of space? Monitor Audio's elegant Radius R200 should be on your radar. It makes a great, acoustically matched companion to other members of Monitor's Radius family of speakers, such as the R90 bookshelves or R270 towers.
Though it's a powerful performer, its compact cabinet won't clutter your room.
Monitor Audio's secret sauce
The Radius R200 benefits from many of the technical advances, materials, and construction techniques found in Monitor's renowned, top-of-the-line Platinum series speakers. Both of its 4" woofer cones and 1" dome tweeter are made of a high-tech ceramic-coated aluminum/magnesium alloy.
This exceptionally stiff, lightweight material allows the drivers to respond swiftly and precisely to the audio signal for greater accuracy. The tweeter also gets an anodized coating of gold that helps ensure smooth, extended highs.
Instead of using conventional screws, Monitor mounts each driver firmly into the cabinet using a single bolt that threads into its backplate, then attaches to the back of the enclosure. This mechanically decouples the driver and front baffle to enhance clarity and resolution, while acting as rigid cross bracing for a more solid, non-resonant cabinet.
Gorgeous build quality and design
Monitor Audio speakers have long been known for their sturdy, vault-like cabinet construction. The R200's enclosure feels solid and substantial, with an exterior clad in a beautifully finished in high-gloss black or white, or genuine walnut wood veneer.
- frequency response: 60-35,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 86 dB
- recommended amplifier power: 40-150 watts
- impedance: 6 ohms
- ultra-rigid, lightweight C-CAM® (Ceramic-Coated Aluminum/Magnesium) cone material provides high efficiency and low distortion
- 1" C-CAM gold dome tweeter for detailed sound and extended high-frequency response
- dual 4" C-CAM mid/bass drivers for clear midrange and punchy bass
- bass-reflex (ported) design with HiVe® II technology for reduced turbulence and higher velocity airflow
- single bolt-through driver attachment provides mechanical decoupling and increased cabinet rigidity for greater clarity and resolution
- five-way binding post speaker terminals
- 13"W x 4-15/16"H x 6-3/8"D
- weight: 7.9 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # R200PB
What's in the box:
- Center-channel loudspeaker
- Grille (installed)
- 4 Rubber feet
- Grille removal tool
- Owner's Manual
- Important Safety Instructions
Monitor Audio Radius 200 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Monitor Audio Radius 200
Features & specs
|Midrange size (inches)||N/A|
|Woofer size (inches)||4|
|Connector Type||5-way post|
|Frequency Response||60-35k Hz|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
Two-Way Speaker Design: The Monitor Audio Radius 200 center-channel loudspeaker features a two-way speaker design with one 1" C-CAM gold dome tweeter and two 4" C-CAM cone woofers. The 1" C-CAM gold dome tweeter is optimized to deliver the fines and widest performance within the compact speaker cabinet. It benefits from a more efficient rear-venting design, releasing air trapped and compressed at the back of the tweeter dome, and guiding it around the drive assembly to a rear-loading chamber. The 4" C-CAM woofers feature a large motor and voice coil for increased excursion, high power capability and reduced distortion. The C-CAM tweeter and woofers share an audible consistency producing a smooth transition of frequencies and a sense of realism and cohesion in the soundstage.
C-CAM Technology: The 1" tweeter and two 4" woofers of the Radius 200 center-channel loudspeaker utilize Monitor Audio's proprietary C-CAM speaker technology.
- C-CAM Gold-Dome Tweeter: The gold dome tweeter is formed from a ceramic-coated aluminum/magnesium alloy, gold anodized to a specific thickness for ideal stiffness and damping characteristics. Its new profile and surround geometry have been developed using advanced modeling tools, to provide the optimum qualities for accurate sound reproduction. The new design moves the first order of breakup to beyond 35kHz, producing a linear response way beyond audibility, which matches the wide frequency bandwidth available from HD music and cinema sound formats. The gold dome is thinner, lighter, more rigid and therefore more efficient than domes made from other materials which are prone to distortion in the audio band.
- C-CAM Cone Woofer: Ceramic-Coated Aluminum/Magnesium is a material originally developed by the aerospace industry for jet engine components. Its properties are ideal for loudspeaker cones being extremely rigid, yet light enough to yield high overall efficiency. In manufacture, aluminum/magnesium alloy undergoes a three-stage stress-relieving process to remove surface deformation and molecular weakness. Once formed, the alloy cone is subjected to a high temperature anodic coating process in which a layer of pure ceramic alumina is depleted onto its surfaces to a depth of 50 microns, producing a completely rigid sandwich of alloy and heat-dissipating ceramic material. Conventional cones are liable to flex or twist in operation, producing a significant level of audible distortion. C-CAM cones have a much higher resistance to bending stress and therefore exhibit much greater fidelity over their entire operating range.
Single Through-Bolt Mount: The tweeter and woofers are fixed to the cabinet with a single through-bolt driver fixing mount. This single-through-bolt mount design provides mechanical de-coupling and enhanced midband clarity and resolution. The through-bolts also act as rigid cross bracing to give a very solid non-resonant cabinet.
HiVe II Bass Reflex Port: The Radius 200 uses a bass reflex cabinet with Monitor Audio's HiVe II port design for greater efficiency and bigger bass response from a smaller speaker. The HiVe II bass reflex port is shaped to have the same effect on airflow as a gun-barrel on a bullet. Rifled grooves inside the port help to accelerate the flow and reduce turbulence, so air moves in and out of the port more efficiently, for a faster more dynamic bass response.
Stylish Cabinet: The Monitor Audio Radius 200 features a beautiful precision cabinet in a gloss black, satin white, or walnut finish. The cabinet's smooth rounded edges, silver trim, and metal mesh grille add to the style and look of the speaker.
Gold-Plate Binding Posts: The Radius 200 is fitted with gold-plated binding post speaker terminals that will accept bare wire (up 12AWG), pin-connectors, spade connectors, and banana plugs (single or dual).
Rubber Feet: Self adhesive rubber feet are provided to prevent movement due to vibration when using the Radius 200 loudspeaker on a table, shelf, or stand.
Placement: The center-channel can be placed either above or below the TV screen, and as close as possible. If positioned in a cabinet or sitting on top of the TV, ensure that the front edge is aligned with the front edge of the TV or shelf. Where possible, the height of the center-channel speaker's tweeter should be close to the height of the front speakers' tweeter; ideally all at ear level.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
1 question already asked