About the Monitor Audio Radius 225
A versatile performer
A versatile performer
Monitor Audio's compact Radius 225 will deliver great sound no matter where you place it. This versatile speaker works equally well as an on-wall left, right, center, or surround channel speaker, or you can simply set it on your entertainment cabinet.
The 225 shares many of the advanced technologies found in Monitor's top-of-the-line Platinum-series speakers, to give you a wide soundstage, pinpoint imaging, and superb realism with music and movies. It makes a perfect, acoustically matched companion to other members of Monitor's Radius family of speakers.
Monitor Audio's secret sauce
The Radius 225's dual 4" woofer cones and 1" dome tweeter are made from Monitor's high-tech ceramic-coated aluminum/magnesium alloy. This exceptionally stiff, lightweight material allows the drivers to respond swiftly and precisely to the audio signal for greater accuracy.
The tweeter also gets an anodized coating of gold that ensures smooth, extended highs. And the drivers are configured to provide optimal performance whether you mount the speaker vertically or horizontally with the included bracket.
Instead of using conventional screws, Monitor mounts each driver firmly into the cabinet using a single bolt that threads into its backplate, then attaches to the back of the enclosure. This mechanically decouples the driver and front baffle to enhance clarity and resolution, while acting as rigid cross bracing for a more solid, non-resonant cabinet.
Gorgeous build quality and design
Monitor Audio speakers have long been known for their sturdy, vault-like cabinet construction. The 225's enclosure feels solid and substantial, with an exterior that's beautifully finished in your choice of real walnut wood veneer, high-gloss black, or high-gloss white.
- frequency response: 80-35,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 87 dB
- recommended amplifier power: 40-150 watts
- impedance: 6 ohms
- ultra-rigid, lightweight C-CAM® (Ceramic-Coated Aluminum/Magnesium) cone material provides high efficiency and low distortion
- 1" C-CAM gold dome tweeter for detailed sound and extended high-frequency response
- dual 4" C-CAM mid/bass drivers for clear midrange and punchy bass
- bass-reflex (ported) design with HiVe® II technology for reduced turbulence and higher velocity airflow
- single bolt-through driver attachment provides mechanical decoupling and increased cabinet rigidity for greater clarity and resolution
- five-way binding post speaker terminals
- dedicated wall mounting bracket included
- 24"W x 5-1/2"H x 3-5/16"D
- weight: 9.25 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # R225PB
What's in the box:
- LCR loudspeaker
- Grille (installed)
- 4 Small rubber feet
- 4 Medium rubber feet
- 2 Large rubber bumpers
- Grille removal tool
- Owner's Manual
- Important Safety Instructions
- Wall-mount template
Monitor Audio Radius 225 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Monitor Audio Radius 225
Features & specs
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1|
|Midrange size (inches)||N/A|
|Woofer size (inches)||4|
|Connector Type||5-Way post|
|Frequency Response||80-35k Hz|
|Bracket Included||Fixed bracket|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
Applications: The Monitor Audio Radius 225 LCR loudspeaker can be used as a front, center, surround, or surround back speaker in your home theater system.
Two-Way Speaker Design: The Monitor Audio Radius 225 LCR loudspeaker features a two-way speaker design with one 1" C-CAM gold dome tweeter and two 4" C-CAM cone woofers. The 1" C-CAM gold dome tweeter is optimized to deliver the fines and widest performance within the compact speaker cabinet. It benefits from a more efficient rear-venting design, releasing air trapped and compressed at the back of the tweeter dome, and guiding it around the drive assembly to a rear-loading chamber. The 4" C-CAM woofers feature a large motor and voice coil for increased excursion, high power capability and reduced distortion. The C-CAM tweeter and woofers share an audible consistency producing a smooth transition of frequencies and a sense of realism and cohesion in the soundstage.
C-CAM Technology: The 1" tweeter and two 4" woofers of the Radius 225 LCR loudspeaker utilize Monitor Audio's proprietary C-CAM speaker technology.
- C-CAM Gold-Dome Tweeter: The gold dome tweeter is formed from a ceramic-coated aluminum/magnesium alloy, gold anodized to a specific thickness for ideal stiffness and damping characteristics. Its new profile and surround geometry have been developed using advanced modeling tools, to provide the optimum qualities for accurate sound reproduction. The new design moves the first order of breakup to beyond 35kHz, producing a linear response way beyond audibility, which matches the wide frequency bandwidth available from HD music and cinema sound formats. The gold dome is thinner, lighter, more rigid and therefore more efficient than domes made from other materials which are prone to distortion in the audio band.
- C-CAM Cone Woofer: Ceramic-Coated Aluminum/Magnesium is a material originally developed by the aerospace industry for jet engine components. Its properties are ideal for loudspeaker cones being extremely rigid, yet light enough to yield high overall efficiency. In manufacture, aluminum/magnesium alloy undergoes a three-stage stress-relieving process to remove surface deformation and molecular weakness. Once formed, the alloy cone is subjected to a high temperature anodic coating process in which a layer of pure ceramic alumina is depleted onto its surfaces to a depth of 50 microns, producing a completely rigid sandwich of alloy and heat-dissipating ceramic material. Conventional cones are liable to flex or twist in operation, producing a significant level of audible distortion. C-CAM cones have a much higher resistance to bending stress and therefore exhibit much greater fidelity over their entire operating range.
Single Through-Bolt Mount: The tweeter and woofers are fixed to the cabinet with a single through-bolt driver fixing mount. This single-through-bolt mount design provides mechanical de-coupling and enhanced midband clarity and resolution. The through-bolts also act as rigid cross bracing to give a very solid non-resonant cabinet.
HiVe II Bass Reflex Port: The Radius 225 uses a bass reflex cabinet with Monitor Audio's HiVe II port design for greater efficiency and bigger bass response from a smaller speaker. The HiVe II bass reflex port is shaped to have the same effect on airflow as a gun-barrel on a bullet. Rifled grooves inside the port help to accelerate the flow and reduce turbulence, so air moves in and out of the port more efficiently, for a faster more dynamic bass response.
Stylish Cabinet: The Monitor Audio Radius 225 features a beautiful precision cabinet in a gloss black, satin white, or walnut lacquer finish. The cabinet's smooth rounded edges, silver trim, and metal mesh grille add to the style and look of the speaker.
Gold-Plate Binding Posts: The Radius 225 is fitted with gold-plated binding post speaker terminals that will accept bare wire (up 12AWG), pin-connectors, spade connectors, and banana plugs (single or dual).
Mounting Options: The Monitor Audio Radius 225 LCR loudspeaker can be positioned horizontally or vertically (the Monitor Audio badge on the grille can be rotated to suit orientation). Self adhesive rubber feet are provided to prevent movement due to vibration when using the Radius 225 loudspeaker on a table, shelf, or stand. The Radius 225 LCR can also be wall-mounted using the included bracket. A horizontal and vertical wall-mount template are provided to aid with installation.
- Horizontal Dimensions: 24.0625" (w) x 5.5625" (h) x 2.9375" (d)
- Vertical Dimensions: 5.5625" (w) x 24.0625" (h) x 2.9375" (d)
Note: The included wall-mount bracket adds 0.3125" of depth to the LCR speaker.
3 questions already asked