About the Monitor Audio Silver AMS 7G
Enhanced overhead sound from Monitor Audio
Enhanced overhead sound from Monitor Audio
Looking to add another layer of immersion to your Monitor Audio home theater system? The Silver AMS 7G Dolby Atmos® "toppers" are an excellent way to add overhead sound effects without having to install in-ceiling speakers. They're voice-matched to the Silver 300 7G tower speakers and sit cleanly on top of them. The grilles are designed to have an almost seamless look with the tower speakers when placed on top.
Don't have a pair of the Silver 300 7Gs? The AMS 7Gs also have keyhole wall mounts, so you can use them no matter the setup. Each AMS 7G sports a 1" C-CAM (Ceramic-Coated Aluminum Magnesium) tweeter with an optimized waveguide for more realistic sound. There's also a 5-1/4" C-CAM midrange/woofer on each topper that uses Monitor's touted Rigid Surface Technology (RST) II for extra clarity and resolution. Both drivers are upward-firing and reflect their sound off your ceiling down to your listening position.
Are you Atmos ready?
Dolby Atmos is awesome, but you do need the right gear to experience it. Since these speakers hook up to your home theater receiver's "height" channels, you'll need a Dolby Atmos-ready home theater receiver to take advantage of what Atmos has to offer.
- pair of Dolby Atmos add-on speakers for home theater
- designed to fit cleanly on top of Monitor Audio's Silver 300 7G tower speakers
- included grille creates an almost seamless look with the tower speakers
- ultra-rigid, lightweight C-CAM® (Ceramic-Coated Aluminum/Magnesium) cone material delivers high efficiency and low distortion
- 1" gold dome C-CAM tweeter for uncolored and extended high-frequency response
- 5-1/4" C-CAM woofer with Rigid Surface Technology (RST) II for higher driver rigidity and reduced driver weight
- drivers are angled upward to reflect sound off the ceiling for immersive overhead sound effects
- connect to a Dolby Atmos-compatible home theater receiver's height channels for power and signal
- can also be used as standard left- or right-channel surround speakers when mounted to the wall
- sealed (acoustic suspension) cabinet
- high-quality painted finish
- keyhole slots for easy wall mounting
- frequency response and sensitivity specs conform to Dolby Atmos specifications
- recommended amplifier power: 30-60 watts RMS
- frequency response: 76-35,000 Hz (-6dB)
- sensitivity: 87 dB
- impedance: 8 ohms
- 7-3/8"W x 7-5/16"H x 12-5/16"D
- weight: 8.75 lbs. (each)
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SILVER AMS 7G BG
What's in the box:
- 2 Dolby Atmos enabled speaker modules
- 2 Grilles
- Owner's Manual
- Important Safety Instructions
- Wall-Mount Template
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Monitor Audio Silver AMS 7G
Dolby Atmos Enabled Speaker Module: The Monitor Audio Silver Series AMS is a Dolby Atmos enabled speaker module reflects sound off the ceiling to create overhead three-dimensional (3D) sound effect from Dolby Atmos and DTS: movie soundtracks. Dolby Atmos and DTS:X deliver captivating, object-based sound that places and moves audio anywhere in the room to bring entertainment alive all around the audience. With Dolby Atmos and DTS:X, sound comes alive from all directions (including overhead) to fill a home theater with astonishing clarity, power, detail and depth.
Mounting Options: The Monitor Audio Silver Series AMS Dolby Atmos enabled speaker module can be used as a "topper" that sits on top of a compatible loudspeaker, or it can be wall-mounted to create immersive, overhead 3D effects.
- Toppers: The Silver Series AMS speaker module has been shaped and sized to fit on top of Monitor Audio's Silver Series 300 7G floorstanding loudspeaker perfectly for a seamless look and immersive sound. It also works on top of other Monitor Audio Silver Series loudspeakers, other series of Monitor Audio loudspeakers, as well as other brands and models of loudspeakers that have a top cabinet measurement of at least 7.375" (w) x 12.3125" (d). In this setup, the AMS speaker module fires upwards and reflects sound off the ceiling and back down to your listening area.
- Wall-Mount: The Silver Series AMS speaker module can also be wall-mounted using its integrated keyhole slots (mounting screws sold separately). The speaker should be mounted at least 3' above the listener. In this setup, instead of the speaker module firing up and reflecting sound off the ceiling, it fires sound down toward the listening area. When wall-mounted, the speaker measures 7.375" (w) x 12.3125" (h) x 7.3125" (d).
1" Tweeter: The Monitor Audio Silver Series AMS 7G speaker module uses a newly designed 1" C-CAM (Ceramic-Coated Aluminum/Magnesium) Gold Dome tweeter featuring a completely redesigned magnet structure, new rear chamber design, an advanced surround, as well as an upgraded UD (Uniform Dispersion) Waveguide II for refined high frequency sound.
- C-CAM Gold-Dome: The tweeter's strong, but lightweight 25mm C-CAM (Ceramic-Coated Aluminum/Magnesium) diaphragm ensures that the diaphragm acts as a rigid piston through the pass band, while the breakup frequency is pushed well above the audible range. The new ring magnet structure increases the tweeter's linear excursion and power handling capabilities. An improved surround material is used around the tweeter to help with damping and improve high frequency performance. The rear-side of the surround is vented around the outside of the magnet structure and into the main chamber to reduce a build up of energy to produce cleaner high frequencies with lower distortion.
- UD (Uniform Dispersion) Waveguide II: The tweeter's integrated Uniform Dispersion (UD) Waveguide II produces even dispersion characteristics, improved time alignment so the wave fronts from both tweeter and drivers will reach the listener simultaneously, plus lower crossover frequency for wider directivity. Building on the original UD Waveguide, this new design adds a compression ring above the surround and dome increasing the tweeter's sensitivity above 10kHz. The increased sensitivity helps to flatten the frequency response whilst also reducing the distortion. The waveguide's geometry has also been optimized to work with the new compression ring. In addition, the tweeter's new grille design further refines the optimized diffusion pattern of the tweeter's UD Waveguide II. Together, this results in reduced distortion across the entire operating high frequency band for a more comfortable listening experience.
5.25" Woofer: The Silver Series AMS 7G speaker module houses a completely new version of Monitor Audio's special 5.25" C-CAM RST II midbass woofer with a concave "dished" cone profile for optimal damping and improved midrange/midbass clarity. The integration RST (Rigid Surface Technology) II means that Monitor Audio can use a thinner, lighter and more responsive C-CAM cone to provide greater speed and accuracy with reduced distortion.
- C-CAM Cone: A new aluminum alloy has been selected for the the C-CAM (Ceramic-Coated Aluminum/Magnesium) RST II cone woofer which improves the tensile strength of the cone, while maintaining all the benefits of C-CAM technology. This allows the thin and light aluminum cone to handle more power and higher volume levels without compromising the sound. In addition, the woofer's large motor and magnet structure offers high levels of electrical damping for controlled, punchy bass that starts and stops with exceptional timing. The woofer also utilizes a 28.5mm voice coil that allows higher power handling capability with reduced risk of damaging the speaker.
- DCM Technology: The C-CAM woofer incorporates DCM (Damped Concentric Mode) Technology that optimizes cone and surround geometry to dampen the main cone's resonance to product a more accurate time response from the speaker for a better audio listening experience.
- RST (Rigid Surface Technology) II: Monitor Audio's new Rigid Surface Technology (RST) II pattern has been evolved to give the C-CAM woofer cone a more rigid profile with a new hexagonal dimpled structure. RST II is more than just a pattern on the cone; it represents a collection of technologies that improves the overall performance of the driver. RST significantly increases cone rigidity, allowing the radiating surfaces to resist mechanical bending forces, which can twist the shape of conventional driver cones to produce distorted sound. The unique shape and dimpled pattern of RST II also helps to displace standing waves that can generate on the cone's surface for a cleaner midrange/midbass sound with low distortion.
High Quality Crossover: The Monitor Audio Silver AMS 7G employs a high-quality crossover (2,00Hz) with premium grade, bespoke polypropylene film capacitors, air-core and low-loss laminated steel-core inductors to seamlessly blend the sound of the tweeter and woofer together for a natural sounding audio image. Pureflow silver-plated OFC copper internal cabling means the highest-quality transfer throughout the signal chain.
Rigid Construction: Strategic cabinet bracing and Monitor Audio's bolt-through technology creates an amazingly solid speaker. Not only can it play louder and cleaner than its size suggests, it delivers an incredibly well balanced, pure midrange for a natural sound. Design criteria ensure that the Silver Series AMS 7G will make the most of smaller living spaces by being placed close to a wall and yet still deliver clean, punchy bass. You will only hear well-balanced, pure midrange and midbass without ever a hint of box coloration.
- Single Through-Bolt Mount: The tweeter and woofer are fixed to the cabinet with single through-bolt driver fixing mounts. This single-through-bolt mount design provides mechanical de-coupling and enhanced midband clarity and resolution. The through-bolts also act as rigid cross bracing to give a very solid non-resonant cabinet.
- Sealed MDF Enclosure: The Silver AMS 7G employs a sealed MDF enclosure for accurate, uncolored sound. Rigid 20mm MDF construction is used throughout the enclosure with radial and cross-bracing techniques for high rigidity and low cabinet coloration.
Gold-Plated Binding Posts: The Silver AMS 7G is outfitted with gold-plated binding post speaker terminals that will accept bare wire (up 10AWG), pin-connectors, spade connectors, and banana plugs (single only). To use banana plugs, you will need to remove each binding post's plastic insert. The binding post terminals are recessed so they don't interfere with mounting the speaker on your wall.
Silver Series 7G: Now in its 7th generation, the Silver Series embodies Monitor Audio's decades of audio expertise. Thanks to a choice of real-wood veneers or beautifully painted and finished cabinets, these speakers have a refined, understated look that is the perfect counterpoint to their bold, powerful sound. With class-leading performance through Monitor Audio's latest metal coned drivers with Rigid Surface Technology II, the music you love is more precise, with less distortion than ever. Monitor Audio's Silver Series 7G consists of a three floorstanding loudspeakers (500 7G / 300 7G / 200 7G), two bookshelf loudspeakers (100 7G / 50 7G), one center-channel speaker (C250 7G), a surround speaker (FX 7G), and a Dolby Atmos enabled speaker (AMS 7G) - all sold separately.
Optional Powered Subwoofer: Add more powerful, deep, and impactful bass to the Silver Series 7G loudspeakers with a Monitor Audio powered subwoofer (sold separately - see Accessories Tab).