About the Monitor Audio Silver C250 7G
Give your center channel a Silver lining
Give your center channel a Silver lining
Your center channel speaker is your home theater system's lifeline. Without it, you could miss most, if not all, the dialogue your TV series or movie has in its soundtrack. And you'd miss out on those "in-your-face" effects that make action movies pop. Not all center channel speakers are created equal, though. Monitor Audio's Silver C250 7G delivers effortless precision and clarity with your favorite films and shows.
This center channel speaker uses a 1" C-CAM (Ceramic-Coated Aluminum Magnesium) tweeter to handle high frequencies. Monitor Audio designed it with a new waveguide to eliminate as much distortion as possible. The company also revamped the tweeter's magnet for tighter control of the driver, resulting in more detail across its frequency range.
There's a 3" midrange found just below the tweeter that provides great separation and accuracy for the crucial mid frequencies. It uses a C-CAM cone with Monitor's latest Rigid Surface Technology (RST II) for tighter midrange response and better dynamics. The tweeter and midrange are flanked on either side by 5-1/4" woofers that also use C-CAM cones with RST II. Put all those drivers together, and you've got a non-fatiguing center channel that makes every word crystal-clear.
A sealed cabinet with a gorgeous finish
I've owned a few of Monitor's speakers over the years, and their quality and craftsmanship have been stellar. The C250 7G's enclosure was designed to resist vibrations that can color and muddy sound. Since its enclosure is sealed, you can place the speaker inside an entertainment center or close to a wall with no ill effects. The finish looks stunning and helps the speaker blend in with your room's decor.
- ultra-rigid, lightweight C-CAM® (Ceramic-Coated Aluminum/Magnesium) cone material delivers high efficiency and low distortion
- 1" gold dome C-CAM tweeter for uncolored and extended high-frequency response
- Uniform Dispersion (UD) Waveguide II reduces distortion and helps flatten frequency response
- 3" C-CAM midrange with Rigid Surface Technology (RST) II for higher driver rigidity and reduced driver weight
- two 5-1/4" C-CAM woofers with Rigid Surface Technology (RST) II
- single bolt-through driver attachment provides mechanical decoupling and increased cabinet rigidity
- sealed (acoustic suspension) cabinet
- beautiful wood veneer finish
- dual gold-plated five-way binding post speaker terminals with bi-amp/bi-wire capability
- removable magnetic grille
- recommended amplifier power: 80-200 watts RMS
- frequency response: 65-35,000 Hz (-6 dB)
- sensitivity: 88.5 dB
- 18-15/16" W x 8-1/16"H x 10-3/4"D
- weight: 23.38 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SILVER C250 7G WN
What's in the box:
- Center-channel loudspeakers
- 2 Jumpers (pre-installed)
- 4 Rubber feet
- Owner's Manual
- Important Safety Instructions
Monitor Audio Silver C250 7G reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Monitor Audio Silver C250 7G
Features & specs
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1|
|Midrange size (inches)||3|
|Woofer size (inches)||5-1/4|
|Connector Type||Binding post|
|Frequency Response||65-35k Hz|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
1" Tweeter: The Monitor Audio Silver Series C250 7G center-channel loudspeaker uses a newly designed 1" C-CAM (Ceramic-Coated Aluminum/Magnesium) Gold Dome tweeter featuring a completely redesigned magnet structure, new rear chamber design, an advanced surround, as well as an upgraded UD (Uniform Dispersion) Waveguide II for refined high frequency sound.
- C-CAM Gold-Dome: The tweeter's strong, but lightweight 25mm C-CAM (Ceramic-Coated Aluminum/Magnesium) diaphragm ensures that the diaphragm acts as a rigid piston through the pass band, while the breakup frequency is pushed well above the audible range. The new ring magnet structure increases the tweeter's linear excursion and power handling capabilities. An improved surround material is used around the tweeter to help with damping and improve high frequency performance. The rear-side of the surround is vented around the outside of the magnet structure and into the main chamber to reduce a build up of energy to produce cleaner high frequencies with lower distortion.
- UD (Uniform Dispersion) Waveguide II: The tweeter's integrated Uniform Dispersion (UD) Waveguide II produces even dispersion characteristics, improved time alignment so the wave fronts from both tweeter and drivers will reach the listener simultaneously, plus lower crossover frequency for wider directivity. Building on the original UD Waveguide, this new design adds a compression ring above the surround and dome increasing the tweeter's sensitivity above 10kHz. The increased sensitivity helps to flatten the frequency response whilst also reducing the distortion. The waveguide's geometry has also been optimized to work with the new compression ring. In addition, the tweeter's new grille design further refines the optimized diffusion pattern of the tweeter's UD Waveguide II. Together, this results in reduced distortion across the entire operating high frequency band for a more comfortable listening experience.
Dual 5.25" Woofers: The Silver Series C250 7G center-channel loudspeaker houses two of Monitor Audio's newly designed 5.25" C-CAM RST II midbass/bass woofers with a concave "dished" cone profile for optimal damping and improved midbass and bass clarity. The integration RST (Rigid Surface Technology) II means that Monitor Audio can use a thinner, lighter and more responsive C-CAM cone to provide greater speed and accuracy with reduced distortion.
- C-CAM Cone: A new aluminum alloy has been selected for the the C-CAM (Ceramic-Coated Aluminum/Magnesium) RST II cone woofer which improves the tensile strength of the cone, while maintaining all the benefits of C-CAM technology. This allows the thin and light aluminum cone to handle more power and higher volume levels without compromising the sound. In addition, the woofer's large motor and magnet structure offers high levels of electrical damping for controlled, punchy bass that starts and stops with exceptional timing. The woofer also utilizes a 28.5mm voice coil that allows higher power handling capability with reduced risk of damaging the speaker.
- DCM Technology: The C-CAM woofer incorporates DCM (Damped Concentric Mode) Technology that optimizes cone and surround geometry to dampen the main cone's resonance to product a more accurate time response from the speaker for a better audio listening experience.
- RST (Rigid Surface Technology) II: Monitor Audio's new Rigid Surface Technology (RST) II pattern has been evolved to give the C-CAM woofer cone a more rigid profile with a new hexagonal dimpled structure. RST II is more than just a pattern on the cone; it represents a collection of technologies that improves the overall performance of the driver. RST significantly increases cone rigidity, allowing the radiating surfaces to resist mechanical bending forces, which can twist the shape of conventional driver cones to produce distorted sound. The unique shape and dimpled pattern of RST II also helps to displace standing waves that can generate on the cone's surface for a cleaner midbass/bass sound with low distortion.
3" Midrange Driver: The Silver Series C250 7G center-channel loudspeaker utilizes a dedicated 3" C-CAM RST II midrange driver that delivers smooth and natural midrange, as well as clear and detailed vocals without breakup. The 3" midrange driver uses the same C-CAM (Ceramic-Coated Aluminum/Magnesium), RST (Rigid Surface Technology) II, and DCM (Damped Concentric Mode) technologies as the dual 5.25" woofers. The smaller 3" diameter cone increases the bandwidth of the midrange driver making the crossover to the tweeter smoother, while also reducing distortion of the midrange. The compact size of the midrange provides excellent directivity and increases the listening area. A small surround around the midrange cone avoids resonances in the cirtical midrange frequency region.
- Large Voice Coil: A larger 35mm diameter voice coil is used to increase structural rigidity and power handling, so the midrange driver can produce high sound pressure levels with reduced risk of damaging the speaker.
- Neodymium Magnet: The magnet on the midrange driver has been uprgraded from Ferrite to Neodymium to reduce the size of the magnet, plus increase its strength and enable higher efficiency.
High Quality Crossover Network: The Monitor Audio Silver C250 7G employs a high-quality crossover network (LF=650Hz, MF/HF=3.3kHz) with premium grade, bespoke polypropylene film capacitors, air-core and low-loss laminated steel-core inductors to seamlessly blend the sound of the tweeter, midrange, and woofers together for a natural sounding audio image. Pureflow silver-plated OFC copper internal cabling means the highest-quality transfer throughout the signal chain.
Rigid Construction: Strategic cabinet bracing and Monitor Audio's bolt-through technology creates an amazingly solid speaker. Not only can it play louder and cleaner than its size suggests, it delivers an incredibly well balanced, pure midrange for a natural sound. Design criteria ensure that the Silver Series C250 7G will make the most of smaller living spaces by being placed close to a wall and yet still deliver clean, punchy bass. You will only hear well-balanced, pure midrange and midbass without ever a hint of box coloration.
- Single Through-Bolt Mount: The tweeter and woofers are fixed to the cabinet with single through-bolt driver fixing mounts. This single-through-bolt mount design provides mechanical de-coupling and enhanced midband clarity and resolution. The through-bolts also act as rigid cross bracing to give a very solid non-resonant cabinet.
- MDF Sealed Enclosure w/ Magnetic Grille: The Silver C250 7G employs a MDF sealed enclosure for accurate, uncolored sound. Rigid 20mm MDF construction is used throughout the enclosure with radial and cross-bracing techniques for high rigidity and low cabinet coloration. In addition, the center speaker comes with an acoustically transparent magnetic cloth grille.
Dual Gold-Plated Binding Posts: The Silver Series C250 7G center-channel loudspeaker has two sets of gold-plated binding posts connected by wire-jumpers. The gold-plated binding posts will accept bare wire (up to 10AWG), pin connectors, spade-lugs, & banana plugs (single only). To use banana plugs, you will need to remove each binding post's plastic insert. Using the dual posts, you can bi-wire or bi-amp the speaker. Bi-wiring or bi-amping the speaker provides improved bass & treble performance.
- Bi-Wiring: Bi-wiring can provide noticeable improvements in the overall transparency of your loudspeakers. Run separate speaker wires to the low & high frequency drivers from a single amplifier (the upper set of binding posts are for the high frequency drivers; the lower set of binding posts are for the low frequency drivers).
- Bi-Amping: Bi-amping allows you to use separate amplifiers for the high & low frequency sections of your loudspeaker for greater dynamic range & lower distortion. We recommend that your separate amplifiers have identical gain to preserve the speaker's voicing balance.
Note: If you decide to bi-wire or bi-amp the speaker, you must remove the jumpers between the terminal posts (failure to do this could result in damage to your amplifier and loudspeakers).
Applications: The Silver C250 7G center-channel loudspeaker has been carefully tuned to match the timbre of the other speakers in Monitor Audio Silver Series 7G line-up, resulting in a consistent sonic character across the front channels of a home theater system.
- Placement: The Silver C250 7G center-channel speaker should be centered above or below your TV, and positioned so that it is pointing directly at the main viewing/listening area. Ideally you want the center channel to be approximately at ear-level when seated in the main viewing/listening position.
- Mounting Options: The Sealed cabinet of the C250 7G provides accurate performance when installed in an AV cabinet. The center speaker comes with self-adhesive rubber feet to prevent movement and vibration on top of a table, shelf, or stand. The rubber feet add approximately 0.125" to the overall height of the speaker.
Note: The Monitor Audio Silver Series C250 7G does offer any mounting brackets, keyhole slots, or threaded inserts to wall-mount the center-channel loudspeaker.
Silver Series 7G: Now in its 7th generation, the Silver Series embodies Monitor Audio's decades of audio expertise. Thanks to a choice of real-wood veneers or beautifully painted and finished cabinets, these speakers have a refined, understated look that is the perfect counterpoint to their bold, powerful sound. With class-leading performance through Monitor Audio's latest metal coned drivers with Rigid Surface Technology II, the music you love is more precise, with less distortion than ever. Monitor Audio's Silver Series 7G consists of a three floorstanding loudspeakers (500 7G / 300 7G / 200 7G), two bookshelf loudspeakers (100 7G / 50 7G), one center-channel speaker (C250 7G), a surround speaker (FX 7G), and a Dolby Atmos enabled speaker (AMS 7G) - all sold separately.
Optional Powered Subwoofer: Add more powerful, deep, and impactful bass to the Silver Series 7G loudspeakers with a Monitor Audio powered subwoofer (sold separately - see Accessories Tab).