About the Monitor Audio W250-LCR
A versatile in-wall speaker
A versatile in-wall speaker
Want crystal-clear center channel sound without taking up any shelf space? Then check out Monitor Audio's W250-LCR in-wall speaker. It delivers accurate, dynamic sound that's great for movie soundtracks and music alike.
This multi-talented speaker can also be used as a left- or right-channel speaker. The drivers are specially configured to provide optimal performance whether you mount the speaker vertically or horizontally.
Mount the W250-LCR horizontally as an in-wall center-channel speaker, or vertically as a left- or right-channel surround speaker.
Monitor Audio's secret sauce
This speaker's 1" dome tweeter is made from Monitor's high-tech ceramic-coated aluminum/magnesium alloy. This exceptionally stiff, lightweight material allows the driver to respond swiftly and precisely to the audio signal for greater accuracy.
The tweeter also gets an anodized coating of gold that ensures smooth, extended highs. It also pivots, so you can aim it toward your preferred listening spot for more direct sound. Solid, accurate mids and bass come courtesy of dual 5" woofers.
Adjust the sound for your room
The W250-LCR features a three-position tweeter output switch (-3db, 0, +3db), which lets you fine-tune the high frequencies to your room and taste in sound.
If this is a do-it-yourself install, check out my guide to installing in-ceiling speakers, along with our selection of in-wall speaker wire. You can paint the included magnetic grille to have your speaker blend in with your décor.
- ideal for use as a center-, left-, or right-channel home theater speaker, or in a high-performance stereo system
- can be mounted vertically or horizontally
- 1" pivoting gold dome tweeter for detailed sound and extended high-frequency response
- tweeter uses ultra-rigid, lightweight C-CAM® (Ceramic-Coated Aluminum/Magnesium alloy) cone material to provide high efficiency and low distortion
- high-frequency level adjustment switch (+3dB, 0dB, -3dB)
- dual 5" MMP® II (Metal Matrix Polymer) bass drivers
- frequency response: 60-30,000 Hz
- recommended amplifier power: 30-100 watts
- sensitivity: 88 dB
- impedance: 8 ohms
- patented Tri-Grip® mounting system ensures maximum surface seal for better bass and midrange clarity
- paintable bezel and removable magnetic steel grille
- overall dimensions (including grille): 7" x 15-3/16"
- cutout dimensions: 5-3/4" x 13-7/8"
- mounting depth: 3-15/16"
- warranty: lifetime
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # W-250LCR
What's in the box:
- In-wall speaker
- Paint skim
- Installation Guide
- Important Safety Instructions
- Cutout Template
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Monitor Audio W250-LCR
Features & specs
|Quantity in Package||Single|
|Woofer Composition||Metal Matrix Polymer|
|Connector Type||Spring post|
|Cutout Size||5.75 x 13.875|
|Power Range (Watts)||30-100|
LCR Design: The Monitor Audio W250-LCR is a multi-purpose in-wall speaker that can be used as a center speaker, front left or right speaker, and surround left or right speaker. Its suitable for music and home theater applications, and can be mounted in a portrait or landscape orientation.
Two-Way Driver Design: The Monitor Audio W250-LCR in-wall speaker utilizes a two-way driver design, featuring a 1" C-CAM Gold Dome tweeter and two proprietary 5" MMP II woofers. Engineered for excellent detail resolution and full-range sound, the W165 will deliver great sound for home theater and stereo applications.
- 1" C-CAM Gold Dome Tweeter: The gold dome tweeter is formed from a ceramic-coated aluminum/magnesium alloy, gold anodized to a specific thickness for ideal stiffness and damping characteristics. Its new profile and surround geometry have been developed using advanced modeling tools, to provide the optimum qualities for accurate sound reproduction. The new design moves the first order of breakup to beyond 35kHz, producing a linear response way beyond audibility, which matches the wide frequency bandwidth available from HD music and cinema sound formats. The gold dome is thinner, lighter, more rigid and therefore more efficient than domes made from other materials which are prone to distortion in the audio band.
- Dual 5" MMP II Cone Woofers: The 5" MMP II (Metal Matrix Polymer) cone woofer has a polypropylene base loaded with metallic particles to offer a rigid and responsive structure. It is manufactured using a sophisticated high-pressure injection process, which modulates cone thickness at critical points to optimize stiffness and consistency, resulting in a superior sonic performance.
High Frequency Level Adjustment: The Monitor Audio W250-LCR provides a high frequency level adjustment for super-fine audio tuning (this adjustment is found on the front baffle behind the grille). With the HF settingon the "0" position, the speaker will give you a neutral sound with no additional adjustments made. Switching to the "+db" position will give the high frequencies a boost, giving you more clarity and presence in the treble. Switching to the "-db" will do the opposite and can be useful if you want more prominence in the bass frequencies.
Spring-Post Terminals: The Monitor Audio W250-LCR is outfitted with two gold-plated spring-post terminals to connect your speaker wire. The spring-post terminals which accept bare wire (up to 10AWG), banana plugs (sing/dual), and angled pin-connectors.
"Trimless" Magnetic Grille: The W250-LCR in-wall speaker features a steel-mesh grille that is held in place by high strength Neodymium magnets covering the entire speaker for a true "trimless", stealth look. The grille is paintable to blend with the living environment; additional scrim material is provided for trouble free painting.
Tri-Grip Fixing System: Monitor Audio's innovative Tri-Grip fixing system is easier to install than conventional clamping schemes and provides 3x the surface area and a better surface seal, maximizing bass response and midrange clarity. The Tri-Grip fixings are made from a tough re-enforced polymer, giving a secure installation.
- Cutout Size: 5.6875" (w) x 13.875" (h)
- Mounting Depth: 4.0"
- Drywall Thickness: 0.25" to 1.75"