About the Monitor Audio WT150-LCR
A versatile in-wall performer from Monitor Audio
A versatile in-wall performer from Monitor Audio
Planning a new custom-installed home audio system? Monitor Audio's WT150-LCR in-wall speaker delivers accurate, dynamic sound that's great for movie soundtracks and music alike.
This multi-talented speaker can be used as a left-, right-, or center-channel speaker. The drivers are specially configured to provide optimal performance whether you mount the speaker vertically or horizontally.
High-tech drivers deliver terrific sound
This speaker's 1" tweeter is made from Monitor's high-tech ceramic-coated aluminum/magnesium alloy. This exceptionally stiff, lightweight material allows the tweeter to respond swiftly and precisely for clear, accurate sound.
The tweeter also gets an anodized coating of gold that ensures smooth, extended highs. It pivots, so you can aim it toward your preferred listening spot for more direct sound. Solid, accurate mids and bass come courtesy of dual 5" woofers.
If this is a do-it-yourself install, check out my guide to installing in-ceiling speakers, along with our selection of in-wall speaker wire. You can paint the included magnetic grille to have your speaker blend in with your décor.
- ideal for use as a center-, left-, or right-channel home theater speaker, or in a high-performance stereo system
- can be mounted vertically or horizontally
- 1" pivoting gold dome tweeter for detailed sound and extended high-frequency response
- tweeter uses ultra-rigid, lightweight C-CAM® (Ceramic-Coated Aluminum/Magnesium alloy) cone material to provide high efficiency and low distortion
- dual 5" MMP® II (Metal Matrix Polymer) midrange/midbass drivers
- frequency response: 60-30,000 Hz
- recommended amplifier power: 30-100 watts
- sensitivity: 88 dB
- impedance: 8 ohms
- patented Tri-Grip® mounting system ensures maximum surface seal for better bass and midrange clarity
- paintable, removable magnetic steel grille
- cutout dimensions: 5-3/4" x 13-7/8"
- mounting depth: 4"
- warranty: lifetime
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # WT-150LCR
What's in the box:
- In-wall speaker
- Magnetic grille
- Paint skim
- Installation Guide
- Important Safety Instructions
- Limited Warranty/Registration Card
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Monitor Audio WT150-LCR
Features & specs
|Quantity in Package||Single|
|Connector Type||Spring post|
|Cutout Size||13.875 x 5.75|
|Power Range (Watts)||30-100|
LCR Configuration: The Monitor Audio Trimless Series WT150-LCR is an in-wall LCR-type loudspeaker that can be used for left, center, or right channels in a home theater application. Its the perfect solution for an in-wall center-channel speaker.
Two-Way Speaker Design: The Monitor Audio Custom Install series WT150-LCR in-wall speaker features a two-way driver design with a 1" C-CAM gold dome pivoting tweeter and two 5" MMP II midrange/midbass woofer.
- 1" C-CAM Gold-Dome Tweeter: The 1" gold dome tweeter is formed from a ceramic-coated aluminum/magnesium alloy, gold anodized to a specific thickness for ideal stiffness and damping characteristics. Its new profile and surround geometry have been developed using advanced modeling tools, to provide the optimum qualities for accurate sound reproduction. The new design moves the first order of breakup to beyond 35kHz, producing a linear response way beyond audibility, which matches the wide frequency bandwidth available from HD music and cinema sound formats. The gold dome is thinner, lighter, more rigid and therefore more efficient than domes made from other materials which are prone to distortion in the audio band.
- Two 5" MMP II Midrange/Midbass Woofers: The 5" Metal Matrix Polymer (MMP II) driver cones have a polypropylene base loaded with metallic particles to offer a rigid and responsive structure. They are manufactured using a sophisticated high-pressure injection process, which modulates cone thickness at critical points to optimise stiffness and consistency, resulting in a superior sonic performance.
Trimless Grille: The WT150-LCR in-wall speaker features a "Trimless" steel-mesh grille that is held in place by high strength Neodymium magnets covering the entire speaker for a true trimless, stealth look. The grille is paintable to blend with the living environment; additional scrim material is provided for trouble free painting.
Tri-Grip Fixing System: Monitor Audio's innovative Tri-Grip fixing system is easier to install than conventional clamping schemes but provides three times the surface area and a better surface seal, maximizing bass response and midrange clarity. The Tri-Grip fixings are made from a tough re-enforced polymer, giving a secure installation. The speaker can be mounted in the wall horizontally or vertically.
- The WT-150LCR requires a rectangular cutout that measures 13.875" (w) x 5.75" (h) x 4.0" (d).
- There needs to be at least 1.0" around the cutout behind the wall to accommodate the seven mounting locks.
- The in-wall loudspeaker can only be fixed into drywall with a thickness of up to 1.75".
Spring-Post Terminals: The Monitor Audio WT150-LCR is fitted with two spring-post terminals to connect your speaker wire. The spring-post terminals which accept bare wire (up to 10AWG) and angled pin-connectors.