About the Monitor Audio WT165
Great sound, less clutter
Monitor Audio's WT165 delivers crisp, detailed sound in a hideaway in-wall design. It features a high-tech ceramic-coated aluminum/magnesium alloy tweeter with an anodized layer of gold for controlled and accurate response. Plus, the tweeter pivots, so you can aim it toward your preferred listening spot for more direct sound. Solid, accurate mids and bass come courtesy of a 6-1/2" polymer woofer. The splash- and humidity-resistant design is a nice touch — that gives you the freedom to use this speaker in moist environments like bathrooms and kitchens.
- 1" pivoting gold dome C-CAM® tweeter for detailed sound and extended high-frequency response
- 6-1/2" MMP® II (Metal Matrix Polymer) bass driver
- tweeter utilizes ultra-rigid, lightweight C-CAM (Ceramic-Coated Aluminum/Magnesium) cone material to provide high efficiency and low distortion
- frequency response: 60-25,000 Hz
- recommended amplifier power: 20-65 watts
- sensitivity: 88.5 dB
- impedance: 6 ohms
- high-frequency level adjustment switch (+3dB, 0dB, -3dB)
- patented Tri-Grip® mounting system ensures maximum surface seal for better bass and midrange clarity
- paintable bezel and removable magnetic steel grille
- splash- and humidity-proof for installation in shower room or pool areas
- rear dust protection cover
- overall dimensions (including grille): 9-13/16" x 14-9/16"
- cutout dimensions: 8-3/8" x 13-1/16"
- mounting depth: 3-3/8"
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # WT165
What's in the box:
- In-wall speaker
- Magnetic grille
- Paint skim
- Installation Guide
- Important Safety Instructions
- Limited Warranty/Registration Card
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Monitor Audio WT165
Features & specs
|Quantity in Package||Single|
|Connector Type||Spring post|
|Power Range (Watts)||20-65|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
Two-Way Speaker Design: The Monitor Audio Custom Install series WT165 in-wall speaker features a two-way driver design with a 1" C-CAM gold dome pivoting tweeter and a 6.5" MMP II midrange/midbass woofer.
- C-CAM Gold-Dome Tweeter: The gold dome tweeter is formed from a ceramic-coated aluminum/magnesium alloy, gold anodized to a specific thickness for ideal stiffness and damping characteristics. Its new profile and surround geometry have been developed using advanced modeling tools, to provide the optimum qualities for accurate sound reproduction. The new design moves the first order of breakup to beyond 35kHz, producing a linear response way beyond audibility, which matches the wide frequency bandwidth available from HD music and cinema sound formats. The gold dome is thinner, lighter, more rigid and therefore more efficient than domes made from other materials which are prone to distortion in the audio band.
- MMP II Midrange/Midbass Woofer: The Metal Matrix Polymer (MMP II) driver cone has a polypropylene base loaded with metallic particles to offer a rigid and responsive structure. They are manufactured using a sophisticated high-pressure injection process, which modulates cone thickness at critical points to optimise stiffness and consistency, resulting in a superior sonic performance.
Tweeter Control: The 1" C-CAM tweeter is able to pivot (+/-15°) to direct the sound to your desired listening area. A tweeter level adjustment (+3/0/-3 dB) also aids in high frequency performance.
Trimless Grille: The WT165 in-wall speaker features a "Trimless" steel-mesh grille that is held in place by high strength Neodymium magnets covering the entire speaker for a true trimless, stealth look. The grille is paintable to blend with the living environment; additional scrim material is provided for trouble free painting.
Tri-Grip Fixing System: Monitor Audio's innovative Tri-Grip fixing system is easier to install than conventional clamping schemes but provides three times the surface area and a better surface seal, maximizing bass response and midrange clarity. The Tri-Grip fixings are made from a tough re-enforced polymer, giving a secure installation.
Note: This Custom Install series loudspeaker can only be fixed into drywall with a thickness of up to 1.75".
Spring-Post Terminals: The Monitor Audio WT165 is fitted with two spring-post terminals to connect your speaker wire. The spring-post terminals which accept bare wire (up to 10AWG) and angled pin-connectors.
Protective Covers: The WT165 features dust protection covers that are designed to prevent the ingress of dirt or dust into the driver and crossover.
Moisture & Fire Resistant: The Custom Install series in-wall speaker is splash and humidity proof for installation in shower rooms or pool areas. It also uses fire retardant materials specified to UL-94 VO rating.