About the Monitor Audio WT180
Hidden, high-performance sound
Hidden, high-performance sound
Mapping out your custom-installed audio system? Then consider Monitor Audio's WT180 in-wall speaker. It uses the same 1" gold dome tweeter found in many of Monitor's bookshelf and floor-standing speakers for clear, detailed highs and realistic reproduction of instruments, vocals, and dialogue.
Solid midrange and bass
Tight bass and textured midrange come courtesy of an 8" MMP® II (Metal Matrix Polymer) woofer. Use a pair of the WT180s for music, or as left- and right-channel speakers in a Monitor Audio home theater system.
A front-panel tweeter level control let you fine-tune the sound to your room's acoustics. If this is a do-it-yourself install, check out our guide to installing in-wall speakers, along with our selection of in-wall speaker wire.
- ideal for an in-wall music system or left or right channel in a home theater system
- pivoting 1" gold dome C-CAM tweeter for detailed sound
- three-position tweeter level control cuts or boosts high-frequency output to best match your room's acoustics
- 8" MMP II woofer
- frequency response: 50-25,000 Hz
- recommended amplifier power: 30-120 watts
- nominal impedance: 6 ohms
- sensitivity: 90 dB
- patented Tri-Grip® mounting system ensures maximum surface seal for better bass and midrange clarity
- unobtrusive frame and low-profile grille for discreet installation
- cutout dimensions: 9-3/16"W x 15-1/4"H
- overall dimensions: 11-5/16"W x 17-3/8"H
- mounting depth: 3-11/16"
- weight: 6.75 lbs.
- warranty: lifetime
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # WT180
What's in the box:
- In-wall speaker
- Magnetic grille
- Paint skim
- Installation Guide
- Important Safety Instructions
- Limited Warranty/Registration Card
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Monitor Audio WT180
Features & specs
|Quantity in Package||Single|
|Woofer Composition||MMP II|
|Connector Type||Spring post|
|Power Range (Watts)||30-120|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
Two-Way Speaker Design: The Monitor Audio Custom Install series WT180 in-wall speaker features a two-way driver design with a 1" C-CAM gold dome pivoting tweeter and a 8" MMP II midrange/midbass woofer.
- C-CAM Gold-Dome Tweeter: The gold dome tweeter is formed from a ceramic-coated aluminum/magnesium alloy, gold anodized to a specific thickness for ideal stiffness and damping characteristics. Its new profile and surround geometry have been developed using advanced modeling tools, to provide the optimum qualities for accurate sound reproduction. The new design moves the first order of breakup to beyond 35kHz, producing a linear response way beyond audibility, which matches the wide frequency bandwidth available from HD music and cinema sound formats. The gold dome is thinner, lighter, more rigid and therefore more efficient than domes made from other materials which are prone to distortion in the audio band.
- MMP II Midrange/Midbass Woofer: The Metal Matrix Polymer (MMP II) driver cone has a polypropylene base loaded with metallic particles to offer a rigid and responsive structure. They are manufactured using a sophisticated high-pressure injection process, which modulates cone thickness at critical points to optimise stiffness and consistency, resulting in a superior sonic performance.
Tweeter Control: The 1" C-CAM tweeter is able to pivot (+/-15°) to direct the sound to your desired listening area. A tweeter level adjustment (+3/0/-3 dB) also aids in high frequency performance.
Trimless Grille: The WT180 in-wall speaker features a "Trimless" steel-mesh grille that is held in place by high strength Neodymium magnets covering the entire speaker for a true trimless, stealth look. The grille is paintable to blend with the living environment; additional scrim material is provided for trouble free painting. The grille only protrudes 0.1875" from the wall.
Tri-Grip Fixing System: Monitor Audio's innovative Tri-Grip fixing system is easier to install than conventional clamping schemes and provides three times the surface area and a better surface seal, maximizing bass response and midrange clarity. The Tri-Grip fixings are made from a tough re-enforced polymer, giving a secure installation.
- The speaker requires a rectangular cutout measuring 9.1875" (w0 x 15.25" (h0 x 3.9375" (d).
- There will need to be 1.0" of clearance around the inside cutout opening to accommodate the mounting clamps.
- The in-wall speaker can be installed in drywall measuring 0.25" to 1.75" thick.
Spring-Post Terminals: The Monitor Audio WT180 is fitted with two spring-post terminals to connect your speaker wire. The spring-post terminals which accept bare wire (up to 12AWG). Because of the way the spring-post terminals are postioned on the back of the speaker, you cannot use banana plugs or pin-connectors.
Protective Covers: The WT180 features dust protection covers that are designed to prevent the ingress of dirt or dust into the driver and crossover.
Moisture & Fire Resistant: The Custom Install series in-wall speaker is splash and humidity proof for installation in shower rooms or pool areas. It also uses fire retardant materials specified to UL-94 VO rating.