About the Monitor Audio WT265
Bold sound from a low-profile in-wall speaker
Bold sound from a low-profile in-wall speaker
We don't think that just because you want your speakers out of sight and out of the way means you should have to settle for less than great sound. Neither does Monitor Audio. For proof, check out their impressive WT265. This in-wall speaker's high-tech design and solid construction deliver ear-pleasing results for movies or music. Use it as a surround sound speaker in an all-Monitor Audio home theater, or install them in pairs for stereo listening with your multi-room audio system. Either way, you'll experience rich, powerful sound without the clutter of conventional speakers.
A high-tech tweeter and woofer
The WT265 takes advantage of Monitor Audio's experience and technical know-how found in their high-end cabinet-style speakers. Both the 1" tweeter and 6-1/2" woofer are made of an advanced ceramic-coated aluminum/magnesium alloy that originally debuted as a material for jet engine components. It's a fantastic material for speakers, too, because it results in drivers that are extremely lightweight and rigid, which means they can respond to audio signals swiftly and precisely. The tweeter is further treated with an anodized layer of gold for ideal stiffness and damping characteristics. This 1" dome also pivots, so you can aim it toward your preferred listening spot for more direct sound.
- 1" pivoting gold dome C-CAM® tweeter for detailed sound and extended high-frequency response
- 6-1/2" C-CAM bass driver
- ultra-rigid, lightweight C-CAM (Ceramic-Coated Aluminum/Magnesium) cone material provides high efficiency and low distortion
- frequency response: 55-30,000 Hz
- recommended amplifier power: 20-65 watts
- sensitivity: 88.5 dB
- impedance: 6 ohms
- high-frequency level adjustment switch (+3dB, 0dB, -3dB)
- boundary compensation switch to more accurately tune the speaker to the room
- patented Tri-Grip® mounting system ensures maximum surface seal for better bass and midrange clarity
- paintable bezel and removable magnetic steel grille
- splash- and humidity-proof for installation in shower room or pool areas
- rear dust protection cover
- overall dimensions (including grille): 9-13/16" x 14-9/16"
- cutout dimensions: 8-3/8" x 13-1/16"
- mounting depth: 3-3/8"
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # WT265
What's in the box:
- In-wall speaker
- Magnetic grille
- Paint skim
- Installation Guide
- Important Safety Instructions
- Limited Warranty/Registration Card
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Monitor Audio WT265
Features & specs
|Quantity in Package||Single|
|Connector Type||Spring post|
|Cutout Size||8.375 x 13.0625|
|Power Range (Watts)||20-65|
Two-Way Speaker Design: The Monitor Audio Custom Install series WT265 in-wall speaker features a two-way driver design with a 1" C-CAM gold dome pivoting tweeter and a 6.5" C-CAM midrange/midbass woofer.
C-CAM Technology: C-CAM drivers are used throughout the WT265 in-wall loudspeaker, providing coherent tonal balance and sonic signature across the entering audio frequency spectrum.
- C-CAM Gold-Dome Tweeter: The gold dome tweeter is formed from a ceramic-coated aluminum/magnesium alloy, gold anodized to a specific thickness for ideal stiffness and damping characteristics. Its new profile and surround geometry have been developed using advanced modeling tools, to provide the optimum qualities for accurate sound reproduction. The new design moves the first order of breakup to beyond 35kHz, producing a linear response way beyond audibility, which matches the wide frequency bandwidth available from HD music and cinema sound formats. The gold dome is thinner, lighter, more rigid and therefore more efficient than domes made from other materials which are prone to distortion in the audio band.
- C-CAM Cone Midrange/Midbass Driver: Ceramic-Coated Aluminum/Magnesium is a material originally developed by the aerospace industry for jet engine components. Its properties are ideal for loudspeaker cones being extremely rigid, yet light enough to yield high overall efficiency. In manufacture, aluminum/magnesium alloy undergoes a three-stage stress-relieving process to remove surface deformation and molecular weakness. Once formed, the alloy cone is subjected to a high temperature anodic coating process in which a layer of pure ceramic alumina is depleted onto its surfaces to a depth of 50 microns, producing a completely rigid sandwich of alloy and heat-dissipating ceramic material. Conventional cones are liable to flex or twist in operation, producing a significant level of audible distortion. C-CAM cones have a much higher resistance to bending stress and therefore exhibit much greater fidelity over their entire operating range.
Tweeter & Boundary Control: The 1" C-CAM tweeter is able to pivot (+/-15°) to direct the sound to your desired listening area. A tweeter level adjustment (+3/0/-3 dB) and boundary compensation control (On/Off) also aid in high frequency performance.
Trimless Grille: The WT265 in-wall speaker features a "Trimless" steel-mesh grille that is held in place by high strength Neodymium magnets covering the entire speaker for a true trimless, stealth look. The grille is paintable to blend with the living environment; additional scrim material is provided for trouble free painting.
Tri-Grip Fixing System: Monitor Audio's innovative Tri-Grip fixing system is easier to install than conventional clamping schemes but provides three times the surface area and a better surface seal, maximizing bass response and midrange clarity. The Tri-Grip fixings are made from a tough re-enforced polymer, giving a secure installation.
Note: This Custom Install series loudspeaker can only be fixed into drywall with a thickness of up to 1.75".
Spring-Post Terminals: The Monitor Audio WT265 is fitted with two spring-post terminals to connect your speaker wire. The spring-post terminals which accept bare wire (up to 10AWG) and angled pin-connectors.
Protective Covers: The WT265 features dust protection covers that are designed to prevent the ingress of dirt or dust into the driver and crossover.
Moisture & Fire Resistant: The Custom Install series in-wall speaker is splash and humidity proof for installation in shower rooms or pool areas. It also uses fire retardant materials specified to UL-94 VO rating.