About the INSTEON On/Off Switch
The smart light switch
The smart light switch
The INSTEON On/Off switch can give you sophisticated control over home lighting. Add the INSTEON Hub, and this dimmer becomes truly remote controllable using your smartphone or tablet and the free INSTEON home automation app.
Control multiple lights with a single button via Scene modes. Scenes let you turn specific banks of lights on or off together. The living room can be well-lit when you get home from work, then you can go completely dark for movie night with the touch of a single button. Then, when the movie's over and you're ready to turn in, have your bedside reading lamp turn on so you don't have to fumble for the old-fashioned switch in a dark room.
- connects to INSTEON Hub to give you lighting control via your smartphone or tablet
- compatible with Amazon Echo (Alexa)
- multiple networked switches let you control a single room or your entire house from one switch
- tap the paddle to turn lights on and off
- easy to install in place of a standard light switch
- 1-13/16"W x 4-1/8"H x 1-7/16"D
- weight: 3.6 oz.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 2434-292
What's in the box:
- Dimmer wall switch (2477S) with 6" ground/line/load/neutral pigtails
- 4 Plastic wire nuts
- Quick Start Guide
- FCC compliance statement
INSTEON On/Off Switch reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the INSTEON On/Off Switch
Overview: The Insteon On/Off Wall Switch replaces your current wall switch to add remote control functionality. It can be wired in a circuit with 1 switch (2-way circuit), 2 switches (3-way circuit), or 3 or more switches (4-way, 5-way, etc.). You can control the light locally using the paddle, or remotely within an Insteon dual-band system. This dual-band On/Off switch transmits and receives Insteon commands over the power line or via RF signals, and can also be used as an access point. The On/Off Wall Switch comes in white, and requires a Decora-style trim plate (sold separately).
Local / Remote Control: The On/Off Wall Switch can be used as a stand-alone local on/off switch. It can also act as an add-on for the Insteon Starter Kit or any other kit that includes the Insteon hub. The switch can be configured to control other lights in a linked system with a tap, press and hold, or double-tap of the top (on) or bottom (off) of the switch paddle. A Single Tap ramps on/off the remote light; Press & Hold brightens/dims the light until the paddle is released; and a Double-Tap instantly turns on/off the light. The On/Off switch can also be linked to various Insteon sensors, such as the Motion Sensor, and can turn on/off lights when a signal is received from the sensor. Insteon is a home control and automation system that uses RF (radio frequency) and/or existing power wires in your home to communicate between the sensors and the Hub, and uses Wi-Fi to communicate to the user's smartphone or tablet using the free Insteon for Hub app, or HouseLinc for your PC. You can control the lights from wherever you are via your mobile device.
- Load Range:
- Resistive: 17A max
- Incandescent: 1800 Watts max
- Motors:1 HP max
- Ballast: 10A max
- RF Range: 100 feet
- LEDs: 1 dual color (red/green) for setup, 2 white for status
- Dimensions: Width=1.77", Height=4.141", Depth=1.497"
- Depth into electrical box: 1.07"
- Weight: 4.2 ounces
- Surge Resistance: Up to 500 VAC
- Standby Power Consumption: < 1 watt