About the Audiofrog A600.1D
High fidelity compact power
High fidelity compact power
Audiofrog built this amplifier using high-tech component applications and circuit design, so you get high power and high fidelity performance from a small rugged amp that'll fit almost anywhere in your car. The Class D power-switching, modulation, and error correction circuitry all use high-frequency control signaling. That allows smaller-than-usual electronic components to safely handle the signal — and lets Audiofrog create such a powerful amp that's so small. A 4-layer circuit board and a dual-purpose heat sink shield both help eliminate noisy electromagnetic interference. Differential inputs also help keep out noise.
The A600.1D mono subwoofer amp puts out up to 600 watts RMS, plenty enough to satisfy most power-hungry subs and bass lovers. Adjustable onboard controls include a subsonic filter to reign in resonance and low-frequency noise, a low-pass filter that'll clean up the sound for mid-bass drivers as well as subwoofers, a bass boost to emphasize the low end, and a phase adjustment to integrate the bass with the rest of your system. An optional wired remote lets you control the bass level from your driver's seat.
- mono subwoofer amplifier
- 450 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms
- 600 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms
- Class D amp technology
- 108 dB signal-to-noise ratio, 0.1% distortion
- frequency response: 10-400 Hz
- variable low-pass filter (50-500 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- variable subsonic filter (5-40 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- variable bass boost (0-15 dB at 45 Hz)
- variable phase adjustment (0-180°)
- optional wired remote level controller available
- heat sink shield protects against electromagnetic interference
- differential inputs help eliminate noise
- preamp and speaker-level inputs
- speaker-level maximum input level: 30V peak
- speaker-level inputs feature DC offset or signal sensing turn-on
- wiring, hardware, and fuse not included with amplifier
- 4-gauge power and ground leads and a 60A fuse recommended
- 8-5/16"W x 1-5/16"H x 5"D (5-3/8" including wire)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # A600.1D
What's in the box:
- Mono subwoofer amplifier
- 8" Speaker level input harness (4-pin plug)
- Operating instructions
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Audiofrog A600.1D
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
450 x 1 |
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||600 x 1|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||10-400 Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||0.1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||108 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-500 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/octave|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||N/A|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||N/A|
|Bass Boost||0-15 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||45 Hz|
|Speaker Level Inputs||Yes|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Differential Inputs: The amp uses differential signal inputs to reduce the possibility of creating a ground loop or picking up any radiated noise. It's best to use twisted pair RCA cable rather than shielded coaxial cable. Twisted pair cable is designed to expose both conductors equally to radiated noise so it can be cancelled in the preamp. Differential inputs are suitable for connection to both the single ended line level output of head units and signal processors (RCA) and for connection to the balanced, speaker level output of head units and factory installed amplifiers.
Protection Circuits: The amplifier is equipped with protection circuits and will mute if the power supply input voltage is too high or too low, the output is shorted, or the heat sink is too hot.
Removable Cover: A removable cover hides the amplifier's top mounted controls, ensuring the settings are not accidentally changed. (A small Phillips Head screw driver, not included, is needed to remove the control cover.)
Turn-on Mode: 3-position switch, the amp turns on when it senses:
- Signal: an audio signal on the speaker level inputs (800mV) or RCA line inputs (45mV)
- Offset: the 6 volt DC Offset on the speaker level inputs
- Remote: +12 volts on the remote turn-on terminal
Level (Gain): The input level (sensitivity) range is 0.5-10 volts on the line level inputs and 0.8-30 volts on the speaker level inputs.
- High Pass (Subsonic Filter): rotary dial to set crossover point; 5-40 Hz; always engaged (cannot be bypassed)
- Low Pass: rotary dial to set crossover point; 50-500 Hz; always engaged (cannot be bypassed)
Bass Boost: The rotary bass boost lets you increase the output of the subwoofer; the dial is continuously variable from 0 to 15dB and centered at 45 Hz.
Phase: The phase control lets you optimize the alignment of your subwoofer output with the rest of the system. Properly adjusting the phase maximizes the subwoofer's "attack." The rotary control is continuously adjustable from 0° to 180°.
Optional Wired Remote: The optional AF-RLC wired remote control (sold separately) puts the subwoofer output level within easy reach. The remote has a 16' cable attached.
Terminal Layout: For wiring convenience, all of the amplifier's inputs and outputs are on one side.
Power Input: Two set-screw terminals are provided for connecting the power and ground cables. The terminals can accept up to 4-gauge wire and are tightened/loosened with a 3mm Allen wrench (not included).
Remote Turn-on: The remote turn-on set screw terminal will accept up to 10-gauge wire and is tightened/loosened with a 2mm Allen wrench (not included).
Speaker Outputs: Two pair of screw clamp speaker output terminals accept up to 12-gauge wire and are tightened/loosened with a Phillips Head screw driver (not included). The terminals are internally wired in parallel, making it easy to wire two subwoofers in parallel. The amplifier's minimum speaker impedance is 2Ω.
Signal Input: use one or the other, not both:
- Line Level Inputs: one pair of RCA jacks
- Speaker Level Inputs: if needed, use the included 4-pin speaker input harness
Wired Remote: The optional AF-RLC wired remote control (sold separately) plugs into the RJ-25 jack on the amplifier chassis.
Fuses: The amp has no fuse mounted to the chassis; a 60-amp fuse must be wired in-line no more than 18 inches from the battery.