About the Audiofrog GB615C
Get it right
Get it right
Audiofrog built the GB615C 2-way passive crossover network specifically for use with the GB60 6-3/4" midrange driver and the GB15 1-1/2" tweeter, sending the correct frequencies to each driver for a full dimensional sound. The GB615C uses the optimum crossover point (2200 Hz) for these two speakers, and is specially designed for minimum frequency response deviation.
You can adjust the level of your GB15 tweeter between 0 and -12 dB with no change to crossover frequency or slope. Simply use the large dial attenuator, which features markings at 1/4 dB increments and a clear reference level marking.
Audiofrog ensures power handling and longevity aren't a problem by using high-quality air core inductors and polypropylene capacitors. With Audiofrog's grueling standards for real world testing, you can be certain that the GB615C will live a very long life in your car.
Built for custom installation
True to the Audiofrog lineup, the GB615C is built with a custom installation in mind. Its hefty cast aluminum chassis is something to show off, not hide away. And to that end, Audiofrog incorporates a housing window so that whoever envies your system can get a good look at the brains behind it.
Audiofrog recommended systems
Here is Audiofrog's recommended use for the GB615C:
- pair of passive crossovers networks for Audiofrog GB Series components
- all-metal enclosure with viewing window
- designed for use with the Audiofrog GB60 6-3/4" midrange driver and the GB15 1-1/2" tweeter
- crossover point: 2200 Hz
- tweeter attenuator provides precise 1/4dB incremental adjustment of tweeter level between 0dB and -12dB
- mounting hardware included
- warranty: 2 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # GB615C
What's in the box:
- 2 Passive crossovers
- Eight 1-1/8" Self-tapping screws (3mm Allen head)
- 8 Speed clips
- 3mm Allen head bit
- Instruction manual
Audiofrog GB615C reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Audiofrog GB615C
Overview: The GB615C passive crossover is designed specifically for use with the Audiofrog GB60 midrange (item number 898GB60, sold separately) and GB15 tweeter (item number 898GB15, sold separately) combination. The crossovers are sold as a pair to cover the left and right channels.
Terminals: Each of the set screw input and output terminals will accept up to 12 gauge wire and are tightened/loosened with a 2.5mm Allen wrench.
Tweeter Output Level: The rotary dial on top of each crossover allows you to adjust the tweeter output level from 0 dB (no attenuation) to -12 dB. The dial is graduated in 1/4 dB increments, with the reference point marked at -9 dB.
Mounting: Hardware is included for mounting the GB615Cs.
- Impedance: designed for 4Ω drivers, specifically the GB60 midrange and GB15 tweeter
- Power: 100 watts RMS/300 watts max (20-100 watts RMS recommended)
- Frequency Response: 60 Hz to 20 kHz
- Crossover Point: 2.2 kHz (Audiofrog also recommends the GB615C's input signal be externally filtered; high pass at no lower than 70 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- Slope: 12 dB/octave
- Width: 4.75"
- Height: 2.5"
- Depth: 8.28"
1 question already asked