About the Samson Go Mic Mobile®
Smart sound for your smartphone
Smart sound for your smartphone
Today's smartphones let you capture video and sound anywhere, great news for bloggers and interviewers. Samson's Go Mic Mobile digital wireless lavalier microphone system gives you the freedom and clarity of wireless in a simple and versatile system that connects directly to your smartphone.
The system includes Samson's PDX2 beltpack transmitter, LM10 omnidirectional lavalier microphone, and Go Mic Mobile receiver. The PXD2 transmitter operates on the 2.4GHz frequency band for global, license-free operation. Two AA batteries give you up to 20 hours of battery life with a beltpack that weighs just over three ounces. A input gain control lets you adjust the transmitter's input sensitivity; an LED indicator shows pairing status. And with a broadcast range of 100 feet (line of sight) you'll have plenty of room to move.
The Go Mic Mobile receiver packs a lot of function into a package approximately the size of an audio cassette. An internal lithium-ion battery supplies up to 13 hours of power with a recharge time of as little as 3 hours via the receiver's mini USB charge port. The receiver can simultaneously connect to two transmitters; a switch allows you to assign one channel to each transmitter or select mono output. LED indicators show the receiver's power status, battery charge level, and channel activity. Micro USB and 3.5mm TRRS outputs give you digital and analog connectivity.
Subtle mic, stand-out sound
The LM10 lavalier microphone clips to your clothing for an unobtrusive look, and connects to the beltpack via a 3-pin mini-XLR connector. Its omnidirectional pattern means it'll pick up your voice even if it's not aimed precisely at your sweet spot. The included foam windscreen cuts down on background noise. Your audio will stand out, but your mic won't.
Mounting hardware included
The package includes a variety of mounting hardware that makes it easy to integrate the Go Pro Mobile into your setup. Mounting arms allow you to securely mount the receiver directly to the back of your phone or tablet. A threaded mounting arm connects to a tripod, and a threaded "cold shoe" adapter gives you a stable camera mount. Output cables to connect the receiver's micro USB port to micro USB, USB-C, and Lightning-equipped devices as well as a 3.5mm audio cable.
There's nothing like the freedom and mobility of wireless. Samson's Go Mic Mobile gives you everything you need to bring these benefits to your videos without confusing you or breaking the bank.
- wireless microphone system with PXD2 bodypack transmitter, Go Mic Mobile receiver, and LM10 lavalier microphone
- mounting hardware and adapter cables included
- transmitter features input gain control
- receiver can connect to 2 transmitters simultaneously
- receiver channel indicator lights show connection status
- battery life:
- transmitter: up to 20 hours on two AA batteries
- receiver: up to 13 hours on internal lithium-ion battery
- maximum operating range: 100 feet (line of sight)
- electronic features:
- 2.4 GHz frequency band for global license-free operation
- frequency response: 20-16,000 Hz
- outputs: 1/8" and USB
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SWGMMSLAV
What's in the box:
- LM8 Lavalier microphone w/ attached 46" cable (female mini-XLR)
- PXD2 Bodypack transmitter w/ attached 3.5" antenna and belt clip (gain adjustment screwdriver in battery compartment)
- GMM Receiver w/ integrated device clip
- 39" 2.0 USB Cable (type-A on one end / mini-B on other end)
- Three 10" USB cables (type-C to micro-B / micro-B to micro-B / micro-B to Lightning)
- 10" 3.5mm audio cable
- AC Power supply w/ USB socket (5VDC/1A output)
- 2 AC Outlet adapters (U.S. / E.U.)
- Fixed mounting arm
- Adjustable mounting arm
- Cold shoe adapter (includes thumb-screw / screwdriver / two 4mm screws / 2 pieces of hook-and-loop fastener)
- Quickstart guide
- Product registration card
Samson Go Mic Mobile® reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Samson Go Mic Mobile®
Overview: The Samson Go Mobile Lavalier wireless microphone system is designed for use with smartphone recording, letting you capture high-quality audio directly to your iOS or Android device, with no latency, while recording video. The system includes an LM8 lavalier microphone, an PXD2 wireless beltpack transmitter, and a Go Mic Mobile (GMM) wireless receiver that clips directly onto your smartphone.
Wireless System: Communication between the beltpack and the wireless receiver takes place in the 2.4GHz frequency band (2.406-2.478 GHz), with an operating range of up to 100 feet.
LM8 Lavalier Microphone: The LM8 lavalier microphone is a discreet clip-on mic that gives you the freedom to walk around and use your hands without having to worry about holding a microphone or being tethered by a mic cable. The tiny microphone is attached to a 46" cable that terminates into a mini-XLR plug which plugs directly into the PXD2 beltpack transmitter. The microphone includes a clip for attaching it to your shirt or lapel, and a foam windscreen.
PXD2 Transmitter: The PXD2 beltpack transmitter gives you about 20 hours of use from two "AA" alkaline batteries (not included). The transmitter and GMM receiver are pre-paired from the factory, but can be re-paired at any time by pressing the Power/Pair button on both units. The transmitter has a rotary control under the battery cover that allows you to adjust the transmitter input sensitivity using the supplied plastic screwdriver, but has already been factory preset to the optimum mic level.
GMM Receiver: The GMM receiver is designed to conveniently attach to your smartphone, using the included mounting hardware, and includes three 10" USB cables (micro-B, type-C, and Lightning connectors) for connecting to most any smartphone. The GMM features 2 USB ports; a mini-B, for charging using the included AC/5V adapter, and a micro-B for device connection. The receiver also features an internal rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery that can provide 7-13 hour of use. A built-in 3.5mm (1/8") jack can be used as a headphone output or a line output to a mixer or sound system. The audio output signal can be set to Mix mono or 2CH split left/right. The GMM receiver can have up to 2 transmitters paired to it at one time.
Compatibility: The Go Mobile Lavalier wireless microphone system can connect to iOS devices (iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch) using a Lightning connection, and Android devices running Android 5.0 (Lollipop) or later.
- Working Range: 100' (line-of-sight)
- Working Frequency: 2.406-2.478GHz
- Frequency Response: 10Hz-22kHz
- Operating Temperature: 14˚F-122˚F
- Signal to Noise: 90dB (mic @ min gain), 78dB (mic @ max gain)
- GMM Receiver:
- USB Audio Sample Rate: 48kHz
- Maximum Analog Audio Output Level: +6dBu, 4.4Vpp, 70mW per side into 32Ω
- Power: Internal rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery
- Battery Life: 7-13Hrs (depending on use)
- Operating Voltage: 5VDC/500mA
- PXD2 Transmitter:
- Input Connector: Mini XLR
- RF Power: <10mW EIRP
- Power: Two AA alkaline batteries
- Battery Life: Approx. 20Hrs
2 questions already asked