About the Samson Expedition XP312w
Sound on the go
Sound on the go
Samson's Expedition XP312w rechargeable portable PA will perform well in a dance studio, a conference room, class room, coffee house, or in your backyard for the karaoke luau. This 300-watt powered 2-way 12" speaker will make sure that every whisper from a timid talker can be heard, and that you can also play very loud music when it's called for. The rechargeable lithium ion battery can keep the party going for as long as 12 hours on a single charge.
Mixing it up
You can talk sing, or play music from a variety of sources, like from your favorite device via Bluetooth or headphone jack, as well as from the included wireless microphone with a 100-foot operating range. The system features voiceover control that can turn the music down when someone speaks or makes an announcement.
Built for the road
The Expedition XP312w looks a lot like a carry-on suitcase, complete with locking telescopic handle and dolly wheels for easy rolling. The tough polypropylene enclosure and steel speaker grille protect the PA's components from the inevitable bumps suffered during transport.
Expedition XP312w mixer
- rechargeable portable PA
- 2-way speaker enclosure with 12" woofer and 1" tweeter
- 300-watt (peak) Class D amplifier
- Samson Concert 88a wireless microphone included (100' range, D band)
- plug-in slot for optional second Samson Concert 88a wireless mic
- 4-channel mixer with 2-band EQ and reverb
- inputs include combo XLR/1/4", 3.5mm, UHF wireless
- Bluetooth connectivity allows wireless streaming from your compatible device
- USB port for optional Samson XPD wireless system (not included)
- 1/4" line output
- voiceover function ducks music when vocals are detected
- frequency response: 50-18,000 Hz
- rechargeable lithium ion battery with up to 12 hours life
- polypropylene enclosure with locking telescopic handle and dolly wheels
- 1-3/8" socket for pole-mounting
- dimensions: 23-1/2"H x 15-1/4"W x 14-1/4"D
- weight: 38 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # EXPEDITION XP312W (D BAND)
What's in the box:
- Portable PA w/ built-in mixer
- CR88a Wireless module (pre-installed in PA)
- 70" AC Power cord (IEC 3-pin)
- H88 Wireless hand-held microphone
- Screwdriver (installed inside microphone)
- Microphone holder
- Owner's manual
- Online product registration card
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Samson Expedition XP312w
Features & specs
|Mic inputs||XLR, wireless, USB (optional a|
|Line inputs||(1) 1/4"|
|Number of speakers||1|
|Drivers per speaker||2|
|Woofer Size (inches)||12|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1"|
|System Frequency response||50-18k|
Overview: The Samson Expedition XP312w is a rechargeable, portable PA system that is lightweight and compact, making it ideal for singer/songwriters, DJs, small conferences, presentations, family gatherings, and more. The XP312w includes a powered 2-way speaker with a built-in 4-channel mixer and 300-watt Class D amplifier. The system includes a hand-held wireless microphone with the option of adding up to 2 additional mics (sold separately). You can also plug in a wired microphone, line-level devices, and, with built-in Bluetooth 4.0, you can stream music wirelessly from your smartphone or tablet. The unit's internal rechargeable battery provides up to 12 hours of continuous use, allowing you to have great sound virtually anywhere.
Speaker: The XP312w features a rugged polypropylene, bass-reflex cabinet with a perforated steel grille. The 2-way speaker features a 12" woofer and a 1" tweeter. The speaker can placed on a floor or stand, or can be pole-mounted on the provided 1-3/8" (35mm) speaker stand mount.
Mixer/Amplifier: The XP312w's 4-channel mixer features an unbalanced Mic/Line input (Channel 1) with an XLR-1/4" combo jack, a Line input (Channel 2) with a 3.5mm input, a USB input (Channel 3) for an optional Stage XPD Series USB Wireless microphone system (sold separately), and a Bluetooth 3.0 wireless input for streaming audio. The built-in 300 watt Class D amplifier drives the speaker, and a 1/4" line output lets you daisy chain another XP312w, or any powered speaker, if desired. Other mixer features include:
- Master Volume: Adjusts the overall output level of all mixed input signals.
- Bluetooth: A separate Volume control is provided for the Bluetooth input, along with a Pair button and corresponding LED indicator.
- Bass/Treble: These two controls allow ±12dB of adjustment for high and low frequencies.
- Reverb: Adjusts the amount of Reverb added to Channel 1 and Channel 3.
- Voiceover On/Off: Allows priority ducking of music input (Channel 2) when using a microphone on input Channel 1.
- LED Indicators: Power, Low Battery, Charging.
Concert 88a Wireless Mic System: The XP312w utilizes a UHF wireless system, in the 542-566MHz range, via a Concert 88a wireless module. The removable module lets you select and displays the Channel and Frequency, as well as providing an Audio Meter, RF Signal Meter, and Transmitter Battery Level. A second slot is provided for adding an additional Concert 88a microphone/control module (sold separately). The hand-held microphone is powered by 2 "AA" batteries (not included) which provide approximately 8 hours use. The Concert 88a system has a working range of approximately 300' of operation (line of sight), with a frequency response of 50Hz-18kHz. Microphone Dimensions -- Diameter: 2.13", Length: 10.22", Weight: 0.48 lbs.
Rechargeable Battery: The XP312w has an internal, rechargeable battery that is capable of up to 12 hours of continuous audio on a full charge. After plugging the PA into an AC power outlet, the Power switch can be set to charge the internal Lithium-ion battery. When the unit is charging, a mixer-panel Charging LED will light red, turning green when fully charged (approx. 4-6 hrs).
Convenience: Weighing in at 38 lbs., the XP312w is designed for portability. It features 2 wheels on the bottom panel and a telescoping pull-handle, along with built-in carry-handles on the enclosure's sides, making transportation easy. The rear panel includes 2 microphone holders for stowage when not in use.