Multi-pattern side address condenser microphone
Our take on the Audio-Technica AT2050 by Crutchfield's Ralph Graves
A studio workhorse
The Audio-Technica AT2050 makes a great general-purpose studio mic. It has three selectable polar patterns, so you can adjust it to record lead vocals, piano, strings, and other instruments. Inside the rugged casing are dual large diaphragms designed not only to deliver optimal frequency and transient response, but to do so throughout years of use.
The switchable high-pass filter can be used to reduce "stage rumble" that can muddy your mix in live sound scenarios. The 10 dB pad further increases your options when you want to mic high-volume instruments. The AT2050 can be an effective guitar amp mic, and used as an overhead mic for a drum kit.
- studio mic for vocals, piano, strings, guitar amp, and drum overhead
- side-address condenser microphone
- selectable cardioid, omni-directional, and figure-eight patterns
- dual large diaphragms for smooth, natural sound with low noise
- switchable 80 Hz high-pass filter and 10 dB pad
- frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz
- sensitivity: -42 dBV/Pa
- impedance: 120 ohms
- requires 48-volt phantom power on your mixer or audio interface
- weight: 14.5 oz.
- male XLR connector
- shock mount
- storage bag
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee