About the Audio-Technica AT2050
A studio workhorse
A studio workhorse
The Audio-Technica AT2050 makes a great general-purpose studio mic. It has three selectable polar patterns, so you can adjust it to record lead vocals, piano, strings, and other instruments. Inside the rugged casing are dual large diaphragms designed not only to deliver optimal frequency and transient response, but to do so throughout years of use.
The switchable high-pass filter can be used to reduce "stage rumble" that can muddy your mix in live sound scenarios. The 10 dB pad further increases your options when you want to mic high-volume instruments. The AT2050 can be an effective guitar amp mic, and used as an overhead mic for a drum kit.
- studio mic for vocals, piano, strings, guitar amp, and drum overhead
- side-address condenser microphone
- selectable cardioid, omni-directional, and figure-eight patterns
- dual large diaphragms for smooth, natural sound with low noise
- switchable 80 Hz high-pass filter and 10 dB pad
- frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz
- sensitivity: -42 dBV/Pa
- impedance: 120 ohms
- requires 48-volt phantom power on your mixer or audio interface
- weight: 14.5 oz.
- male XLR connector
- shock mount
- storage bag
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # AT2050
What's in the box:
- Shock mount w/ threaded mount adaptor (5/8")
- 5/8" to 3/8" thread adapter
- Zippered vinyl case
- Owners manual (Eng/Span/Fren/Others)
- Warranty & Product Registration card
- Safety and Warnings
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Audio-Technica AT2050
Features & specs
|Application||For live & studio use|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Overview: The Audio-Technica AT2050 microphone is a large-diaphragm condenser mic designed for home/project/professional studio applications, as well as live performances. With rugged construction and high-performance specifications, this mic delivers exceptional detail and low noise. It features 3 selectable polar patterns, switchable 80 Hz high-pass filter, switchable 10dB pad, a wide dynamic range, and the ability to handle high sound pressure levels with ease.
Dual-Diaphragm: The Audio-Technica AT2050 features a dual-diaphragm capsule design that maintains precise polar pattern definition across the full frequency range of the mic. Both diaphragms are gold-vaporized and aged to achieve optimum characteristics and maintain them for years of use.
Polar Pattern: The AT2050 features 3 polar patterns - Cardioid, Omnidirectional, and Figure-of-Eight, all selectable from a slide-switch in the mic body.
- Cardioid: Reduces sounds picked up from the sides and rear of the mic, and improves isolation of the desired sound source.
- Omnidirectional: Picks up sound evenly 360˚ around the microphone.
- Figure-of-Eight: This pickup pattern isolates sounds directly in front and in back of the mic, while reducing sound from the sides.
High-pass Filter: An integral 80 Hz high-pass 12 dB/octave filter provides easy switching from a flat frequency response to a low-end roll-off. This helps minimize the proximity effect, cause by sources being too close to the mic, as well as reducing low-frequencies picked up from external sources such as room reverberation, heating/cooling systems, outside traffic, etc.
Attenuation Pad: Miking loud sound sources or placing a mic extremely close to an instrument can subject the diaphragm to very high sound pressure levels, which may cause audible distortion. The AT2050 features a switchable 10 dB attenuation pad to lower the signal level. With no padding selected, the maximum SPL is 149 dB; with the -10 dB switch engaged, the maximum SPL is 159 dB.
Connection: The AT2050 features a 3-pin male XLR connection, which provides a balanced, low impedance output.
Phantom Power: Because the AT2050 is a condenser microphone, it requires phantom power, which can range from 11 to 52 V DC (4.7 mA typical usage).
Mount: The included mic shock mount comes threaded for 5/8"-27 stands, and includes a thread adaptor for 3/8"-16 stands.
- Polar Pattern (Selectable): Cardioid, Omnidirectional, Figure-of-Eight
- Element: Externally polarized (DC bias) condenser.
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Sensitivity: -42dB (7.9 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
- Impedance: 120 Ohms
- Maximum SPL: 149 dB SPL (0 attenuation), 159 dB SPL (10 dB attenuation)
- Attenuation Pad: Switchable between 0dB and -10dB
- High-pass Filter: Switchable between flat and 80Hz @12dB/octave
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 77 dB
- Dynamic Range: 132 dB
- Phantom Power: 11 - 52 VDC
- Dimensions: Length = 6.83", Diameter = 2.05"
- Weight: 14.5 oz.