About the Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7
I like it when I don't have to add the qualifying phrase, "at this price." These Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 are some of the most highly respected headphones on the market, period. The fact that they come in at a relatively affordable price is just gravy.
They offer incredibly detailed, well-balanced sound that works for almost any genre of music. There's not a ton of bass, but it is very tightly controlled. In fact, there's not one sound characteristic that jumps out at me — it's just an overall pleasant listening experience.
- over-the-ear, closed-back design for noise isolation
- 45mm dynamic drivers offer exceptional clarity across a wide frequency range
- lightweight voice coils and specially designed diaphragm for more natural sound
- vented earcups control air flow to help lower distortion
- includes three detachable cables:
- 52" remote/mic cable with right-angled miniplug connector
- 52" cable with right-angled miniplug connector
- 124" cable with straight miniplug connnector
- in-line remote controls music and calls for most smartphones
- stitched-covered headband and memory foam-filled earpads for style and comfort
- earcups swivel and can fold flat for storage
- vinyl carry pouch included
- frequency response: 5-40,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 99 dB
- impedance: 35 ohms
- weight: 10.9 oz.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # ATH-MSR7BK
What's in the box:
- Over-ear headphones (black)
- 52" Cable with right-angled 3.5mm plug
- 124" Cable with straight 3.5mm plug
- 52" Cable with in-line remote/mic (right-angled 3.5mm plug)
- Vinyl storage pouch
- Environmental declaration
More details on the Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7
Features & specs
|Earcup Width x Height||3.2" x 3.952"|
|Mic For Taking Calls||Yes|
|Frequency Response||5-40k Hz|
|1/4-inch Adapter Included||No|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Overview: The ATH-MSR7 is part of the Sound Reality-series of Audio-Technica's consumer headphones. These over-ear headphones have large drivers that can deliver the wide frequency range of High Resolution Audio. The headphones come three cables, all with a high quality 3.5mm gold-plated plug: a 52" and 10' straight audio cable, and a 52" cable with an in-line remote/mic for controlling music and phone calls on your mobile device. The ear cups swivel 90° so you can fold them flat and store them in the included vinyl storage pouch.
Drivers: The newly-designed 45mm True Motion drivers feature lightweight voice coils, a custom-mounted PCB, and specially designed diaphragm for superior performance and wide frequency response. The Multi-layer Air Damping system features layered aluminum/magnesium housing and a triple-vent system for controlling the air flow and reducing vibration.
Comfort Features: The headphones feature ultra-soft memory foam earpads and headband with stitched covers.
Cables: The ATH-MSR7 comes with three interchangeable cables. One cable can be used with your portable devices, and has an in-line, one-button remote and microphone for controlling your music and phone calls. The remote lets you play/pause your music, and skip to the next track, plus accept or reject incoming phone calls and activating Apple's Siri or Android's voice assistance. The remote has additional functionality with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch, including fast forward/reverse, and skipping to the previous track. The other two cables do not include the remote/mic, and are 10' and 52" in length. All three cables terminate into a high-quality, gold-plated 3.5mm plug.
- Frequency Response: 5Hz - 40kHz
- Sensitivity: 100 dB/mW
- Maximum Input Power: 2000mW
- Impedance: 35 ohms
- Dimensions: Width: 3.2", Height: 3.952" Depth: 1.875"
- Cable Lengths: 10' (straight 3.5mm plug), 52" (right angled 3.5mm plug), 52" (in-line remote/mic and right-angled 3.5mm plug)
- Weight: 10.9 ounces (with 10' cable)
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?