About the Audio-Technica ATH-AP2000Ti
Built for music lovers
Built for music lovers
A good headphone setup can be a cost-effective way for aspiring audiophiles to get a foothold into the world of high-performance audio. Or it can provide a solution for seasoned audiophiles to listen on the go. Judging by their relatively light weight (less than 11 oz.) and by their high-end driver and earcup designs, Audio-Technica's ATH-AP2000Ti headphones look like they will check off both of those boxes nicely.
Get more from your high-res audio files
Lots of attention has been paid to the subtleties that can make or break the music presentation. For example, take the 'AP2000Ti's pure titanium housings. The material's extra rigidity cuts down on resonances that can color the sound. Inside those housings are large 53mm drivers, with a diamond-like carbon (DLC) coating for accurate detail and extra-wide frequency response. That's especially helpful for getting the most out of high-res music sources like digital FLAC or DSD files. You get three detachable headphone cables in the box, including a 4.4mm balanced cable that provides the best possible sound with compatible high-res portable audio players and headphone amps.
We recommend using a high-quality headphone amplifier for optimum performance.
- closed-back design blocks out external noise
- soft, durable leather ear pads
- a separate headphone amplifier is required to properly power these headphones for optimum sound quality
- large-aperture 53mm drivers
- diaphragms use a DLC (diamond-like carbon) coating for detailed sound and wide frequency response
- rigid, pure titanium housings reduce unwanted resonance
- Core Mount Technology positions the drivers optimally within the housing to improve airflow efficiency
- Audio-Technica's Double Air Damping System provides deep bass reproduction
- drivers use a permendur magnetic circuit
- three detachable cables:
- 4-foot cable with a right-angled 3.5mm plug
- 10-foot cable terminated with a right-angled 3.5mm plug
- 4-foot balanced cable with 4.4mm balanced connector
- full-sized 1/4" headphone adapter included
- frequency response: 5-50,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 100 dB
- impedance: 44 ohms
- weight: 10.8 ounces
- warranty: 2 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # ATH-AP2000Ti
What's in the box:
- Over-ear headphones
- 48" Audio cable with right-angled 3.5mm plug
- 48" Audio cable with right-angled 4.4mm balanced plug
- 10' Audio cable with right-angled 3.5mm plug
- 3.5mm-to-1/4" Adapter
- Cleaning cloth
- Zippered cable case
- Zippered storage case
- User Manual
- Disposal document
More details on the Audio-Technica ATH-AP2000Ti
Features & specs
|Earcup Width x Height||3.87" x 3.87"|
|Mic For Taking Calls||No|
|Frequency Response||5-50k Hz|
|Cord Length||48" + 120"|
|1/4-inch Adapter Included||Yes|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Overview: The Audio-Technica ATH-AP2000Ti over-ear headphones feature large-aperture drivers for exceptional sound, capable of reproducing Hi-Res Audio with an extended frequency response. Each pair of headphones is individually identified by a laser-etched serial number. The headphones come three cables (with a 1/4" adapter), a cleaning cloth, and a special cable case, and fold flat for storage in the provided zippered carrying case.
Drivers: The ATH-AP2000Ti is equipped with large-aperture 53mm drivers with a diamond-like carbon (DLC) coating on the diaphragms to deliver exceptional High-Res Audio. The wide 5Hz - 50kHz frequency range lets you hear more of the details of the music, especially Hi-Res audio from the newer 96kHz/24-bit music files and streaming services. Audio-Technica's Core Mount Technology positions the drivers in the optimal position for improved airflow and excellent full-range audio performance. The drivers are housed in pure-titanium housings with improved rigidity to eliminate unwanted resonance.
Cables: The headphones come with three cables in all. Two of the cables have a standard 3.5mm 3-pole stereo mini-plug, and come in lengths of 4 feet and 10 feet. A 3.5mm-to-1/4" plug adapter is included for use with home components and professional audio devices. The third cable, 48" in length, features a 4.4mm 5-pole balanced mini-plug that is compatible with newer high-resolution D/A converters and headphone amplifiers. The Y-type cables have A2DC (Audio Designed Detachable Coaxial) connectors to attach to the ear cups.
- Frequency Response: 5 Hz - 50 kHz
- Sensitivity: 100dB/mW
- Impedance: 44 ohms
- Maximum Input Power: 2000 mW
- Dimensions: Diameter 3.87", Depth 2.121"
- Cable Lengths: 48" with right-angled 3.5mm plug, 48" with right-angled 4.4mm balanced plug, 10' with right-angled 3.5mm plug
- Weight: 10.8 ounces (without cable)