About the Audio-Technica ATW-902A
Audio-Technica has been building wireless microphone systems since 1986, so they've really become experts on the subject. And they put all this experience to work in developing their System 9 Series wireless packages. This ATW-902A package includes the ATW-R900 receiver, the ATW-T902 handheld transmitter, and the AT8456a Quiet-Flex™ stand clamp.
The ATW-902A's handheld microphone/transmitter runs for eight hours on two AA alkaline batteries, giving you an operating range of up to 200 feet (line of sight). The ATW-R900 receiver operates on four user-selectable VHF channels, so you can select the band that works the best in your location. This unidirectional dynamic mic comes with a stand clamp for those times when you want a stationary mic. The ATW-902A system delivers professional-grade performance with the onstage freedom of a wireless mic.
- digital wireless microphone system for vocals
- includes ATW-900R receiver, ATW-T902 handheld microphone/transmitter, mic clamp
- operating range: 200' (line of sight)
- operates on four user-selectable VHF channels
- transmitter operates for up to 8 hours on 2 AA batteries
- XLR and 1/4" output connections
- frequency range: 80-13,000 Hz
- transmitter: 2-1/8" diameter x 10" length
- receiver: 7-1/2"W x 1-7/8"H x 5"D
- transmitter: 9-1/4 oz.
- receiver: 12 oz.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # ATW-902A
What's in the box:
- Wireless receiver
- Stand adaptor
- AC power adaptor w/ 59" cord
- Plastic screwdriver (inside microphone)
- Owner's manual
Audio-Technica ATW-902A reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Audio-Technica ATW-902A
Overview: Audio-Technica's System 9 AT902A is a four channel wireless microphone system designed to provide solid performance along with easy setup and clear, natural sound quality. The System 9 consists of an ATW-T902a handheld wireless microphone, with built-in transmitter, and an ATW-R900a receiver module. The system features four user-switchable VHF channels and an advanced dipole antenna design giving it an operating range of approximately 200'.
Microphone: The ATW-T902a microphone is a wireless, unidirectional, dynamic mic with built-in transmitter. The transmitter can operate on one of four selectable VHF frequencies: 169.505, 170.245, 171.045, and 171.905 MHz which are selected using 2 DIP switches inside the body of the microphone. The bottom section of the mic unscrews, accessing the battery compartment along with the DIP switches. A convenient reference diagram is included inside the mic showing the DIP switch settings for each of the four transmitting frequencies. The battery compartment also houses a Level Trim dial, used to fine-tune the overall gain of the microphone, as well as a small plastic "screwdriver" for changing the DIP switches and the Level Trim. The bottom end of the mic is a Power/Mute button with an LED indicator. A firm press powers the mic on/off while a quick press mutes/un-mutes. The LED will light green when the mic is on and red when muted.
- Front Panel: Included in the front panel is a Channel select button with four LEDs indicating which channel is being used. An RF LED lights to indicate the presence of a transmitting signal and an AF Peak LED lights if the microphone signal starts to distort. This LED is used in conjunction with the Level Trim dial on the mic, which should be set just below the point where the AF Peak LED lights. The front panel also houses the two receiving antennas. These can be extended up to 15" with 360˚ of rotation and 180˚ vertical/horizontal travel.
- Rear Panel: The back of the ATW-R900a receiver houses two Output jacks; a male, 3-pin, balanced XLR along with an unbalanced 1/4". A rotary Volume dial adjusts the audio output level on both output jacks, but doesn't affect the AF Peak indicator which is monitoring the input signal level. There's a Squelch Control to adjust the level of the noise-muting circuit. This recessed dial requires a small screw-driver (included inside mic) to adjust if necessary, but is preset at the factory and may not need to be changed. The rear panel also contains the DC Power input socket along with a Cord Hook to provide strain-relief for the receiver's power cord.
- Dynamic Range: >/= 90 dB (A-weighted)
- Operating Frequencies: 169.505, 170.245, 171.045, and 171.905
- Modulation Mode: FM
- Maximum Deviation: +/- 10 kHz
- THD: <1% (at 1 kHz, +/- 10 kHz deviation)
- Frequency Response: 80 Hz to 13 kHz
- Operating Range: Up to 200'
- Operating Temperature Range: 40˚ F (4˚ C) to 110˚ F (43˚ C)
- Receiving System: Non-diversity, single-channel, dual antenna system
- Image Rejection: 50 dB minimum
- RF Sensitivity: 20 dBuV at 60 dB S/N ratio (50 ohms termination)
- Audio Output:
- Balanced XLR: 350 mV (1 kHz modulation, 10 kHz deviation, 100k ohm load)
- Unbalanced 1/4": 700 mV (1 kHz modulation, 10 kHz deviation, 100k ohm load)
- Power Supply: 100-240V AC (50/60 Hz) to 12V DC 0.5A (center positive) switched mode external power supply
- Dimensions: Width - 7.48", Height - 1.77", Depth - 6.22"
- Weight: 12.0 oz.
- RF Power Output: 10 mW
- Batteries: Two 1.5V AA
- Battery Life: Up to 8 hours
- Dimensions: Length - 9.93", Diameter - 2.10"
- Weight: 9.2 oz. (without batteries)
2 questions already asked