About the Audio-Technica ATH-A1000Z
Do you like the extra bass punch you get with closed-back headphones, but still prefer a larger sound stage? Look here. The ATH-A1000Z over-ear headphones have massive earcups that are generously padded. Audio-Technica's improved 3D wing system keeps the headset stationary without clamping too tightly. Once you have them in place, they deliver precise, dynamic sound within a huge sound-field.
- over-the-ear, closed-back design
- hand-assembled, large-aperture 53mm dynamic drivers deliver incredibly detailed high-resolution sound
- highly-efficient bobbin-wound voice coil design provides clear, accurate sound across a wide frequency range
- diaphragm design offers better airflow for precise movement
- sturdy aluminum housings and lightweight magnesium baffle help dampen resonance
- Double Air Damping System (D.A.D.S.) reproduces deep, natural bass
- headset with auto-adjusting 3D wing system for a comfortable, fuss-free fit
- stitched, oversized earpads
- 118" cable with miniplug connector
- 1/4" adapter included
- frequency response: 5-43,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 101 dB
- impedance: 44 ohms
- weight: 9.3 oz.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # ATH-A1000Z
What's in the box:
- Over-ear headphones (red) with attached 10' cable (3.5mm plug)
- Screw-on 3.5mm-to-1/4" Plug adapter (installed)
- Instruction booklet
- Environmental declaration
More details on the Audio-Technica ATH-A1000Z
Features & specs
|Earcup Width x Height||4.125" x 4.125"|
|Mic For Taking Calls||No|
|Frequency Response||5-43k Hz|
|1/4-inch Adapter Included||Yes|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Overview: The ATH-A1000Z is part of the Art Monitor-series of Audio-Technica's high fidelity headphones. These over-ear headphones have large drivers that are tuned to accurately reproduce extreme low and high frequencies, including Hi-Res Audio reproduction. They have an attached 10' cable with a 3.5mm plug and a 3.5mm-to-1/4" adapter. The A1000Z headphones are ideal for studio and live work, or personal listening.
Drivers: The large 53mm large-aperture drivers feature bobbin-wound voice coils with 7N-grade (99.99999%-pure) oxygen-free copper wire (OFC-7N) for ultra-efficient signal transfer, superior performance, and wide frequency response. The drivers are installed in lightweight aluminum housings with a magnesium alloy baffle, which reduces unwanted resonance. The top-mounted PCB provides excellent transient response, and improved airflow and precise diaphragm movement, while the Double Air Damping system (DADS) augments the deep bass.
Comfort Features: The headphones feature Audio-Technica's proprietary 3D wing support system, which provides an improved fit and greater comfort for long listening sessions. The closed-back design helps keep out unwanted ambient noise, while the high-quality, stitched earpads gently surround your ear to provide the proper seal.
Cable: The ATH-A1000Z has a 10' attached dual-sided cable with an elastomer sheath that is tangle-resistant and dampens contact noise into the headphones. The cable features 4 cores of 6N-grade (99.9999%-pure) oxygen-free copper (OFC-6N) The cable terminates into a sturdy gold-plated 3.5mm plug with a screw-on 1/4" (6.3mm) adapter, so you can listen to your smartphone, tablet, and portable devices, as well as studio mixers, sound boards, and home audio components.
- Frequency Response: 5Hz - 43kHz
- Sensitivity: 101 dB/mW
- Maximum Input Power: 2000mW
- Impedance: 44 ohms
- Dimensions: Diameter: 4.125", Depth: 1.994"
- Cable Length: 10' (straight)
- Weight: 12.2 ounces (with 1/4" adapter)
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?