About the Audio-Technica ATH-A990Z
The Audio-Technica ATH-A990Z headphones feature massive 53mm drivers. They produce a larger soundstage than you might expect from a set of closed-backs. Within that super-sized soundstage you'll enjoy fine-tuned imaging — instruments and vocals with a sense of place. These headphones reproduce sound accurately across a wide frequency range. And I'm a fan of Audio-Technica's 3D wing system headband (even though I've heard it's not everyone's cup of tea). I find the headband doesn't require a lot of adjusting, and it almost feels like the headphones are floating on your head.
- over-the-ear, closed-back design
- large-aperture 53mm dynamic drivers deliver exceptional clarity and accuracy
- bobbin-wound voice coil design provides accurate sound across a wide frequency range
- diaphragm design offers better airflow for smoother sound
- lightweight aluminum housings help dampen resonance
- Double Air Damping System (D.A.D.S.) reproduces deep bass
- headset with 3D wing system for a comfortable, fuss-free fit
- soft, oversized earpads
- 118" cloth-covered cable with miniplug connector
- 1/4" adapter included
- frequency response: 5-42,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 100 dB
- impedance: 44 ohms
- weight: 11.8 oz.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # ATH-A990Z
What's in the box:
- Over-ear headphones (black) with attached 10' cable (3.5mm plug)
- Screw-on 3.5mm-to-1/4" Plug adapter (installed)
- Instruction booklet
- Environmental declaration
More details on the Audio-Technica ATH-A990Z
Features & specs
|Earcup Width x Height||4.318" x 4.318"|
|Mic For Taking Calls||No|
|Frequency Response||5-42k Hz|
|1/4-inch Adapter Included||Yes|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Overview: The ATH-A990Z is part of the Art Monitor-series of Audio-Technica's high fidelity headphones. These over-ear headphones have large drivers that are tuned to accurately reproduce extreme low and high frequencies, including Hi-Res Audio reproduction. They have an attached 10' cloth-wrapped cable with a 3.5mm plug and a 3.5mm-to-1/4" adapter. The A990Z headphones are ideal for studio and live work, or personal listening.
Drivers: The large 53mm large-aperture drivers feature bobbin-wound voice coils with oxygen-free copper wire (OFC) for superior performance and wide frequency response. The drivers are installed in lightweight aluminum housings, which reduce unwanted resonance. The top-mounted PCB provides excellent transient response, and improved airflow and precise diaphragm movement, while the Double Air Damping system (DADS) augments the deep bass.
Comfort Features: The headphones feature Audio-Technica's proprietary 3D wing support system, which provides an improved fit and greater comfort for long listening sessions. The closed-back design helps keep out unwanted ambient noise, while the premium, soft earpads gently surround your ear to provide the proper seal.
Cable: The ATH-A990Z has a 10' attached cloth-wrapped cable that is tangle-resistant and dampens contact noise into the headphones. The cable terminates into a sturdy gold-plated 3.5mm plug with a screw-on 1/4" (6.3mm) adapter, so you can listen to your smartphone, tablet, and portable devices, as well as studio mixers, sound boards, and home audio components.
- Frequency Response: 5Hz - 42kHz
- Sensitivity: 100 dB/mW
- Maximum Input Power: 2000mW
- Impedance: 44 ohms
- Dimensions: Diameter: 4.318", Depth: 2.096"
- Cable Length: 10' (straight)
- Weight: 14.5 ounces (with 1/4" adapter)