About the Audio-Technica ATH-CK3TW
Wire-free earbuds from the studio pros
Wire-free earbuds from the studio pros
Audio-Technica headphones are a popular choice for musicians, studio engineers, and music fans alike. So I'm pleasantly surprised to see them offer truly wireless earbuds at this price. The 100% wire-free ATH-CK3TW in-ears play music wirelessly from your phone via Bluetooth. And these compact 'buds serve up Audio-Technica's signature warm, well-balanced sound with clear vocals.
A strong wireless connection and touch controls
The ATH-CK3TW earbuds have Bluetooth 5.0 on board. That's the latest and greatest version of the popular wireless technology. It gives you a stronger, more stable connection for playing music and podcasts — or making calls — with your phone. You control music, calls, and volume by tapping either earbud.
A carrying case that recharges your earbuds wirelessly
The battery life is on par with other headphones in the true wireless category. Audio-Technica boasts six hours of on-the-go music listening with a full charge. But the included charging case banks a generous 24 hours of power to recharge your headphones on the go.
- 100% wire-free headphones
- no connecting cord between left and right earbuds
- Bluetooth 5.0 for wireless music listening and phone calls
- aptX® decoding provides high-quality music streaming from compatible devices
- 5.8mm dynamic drivers tuned for clear vocals and smooth highs
Controls, charging case and battery info:
- touch controls for music, calls, and volume
- built-in microphones for clear, echo-free phone calls
- "Ear Detection" function automatically pauses music when you remove earbuds
- hold left earbud for 6 seconds to enable
- built-in rechargeable batteries offers 6 hours of listening
- slim carrying case banks up to 24 hours of power to wirelessly recharge headphones
General info and specs:
- 4 sizes of silicone ear tips for a secure, customized fit
- USB-C to USB-A cable included for charging case
- frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz
- weight: 0.35 oz. (both earbuds)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # ATH-CK3TWBK
What's in the box:
- Left and right true wireless in-ear headphones (black)
- Charging case (black)
- 4 Pairs of silicone ear tips (1 pair installed)
- 14" USB charging cable (Type A USB on one end and USB-C on other end)
- Quick Start Guide
- Caution Guide
- Statement of Compliance
- Battery disposal statement
- Electronics disposal statement
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Audio-Technica ATH-CK3TW
Features & specs
|Earcup Width x Height||0.683" x 0.882"|
|Mic For Taking Calls||Yes|
|Voice Assistant Access|
|Frequency Response||20-20k Hz|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The Audio-Technica ATH-CK3TW truly wireless in-ear headphones are independent left and right ear buds that connect wirelessly to your smartphone or tablet, and to each other, via Bluetooth 5.0. The headphones have an IPX2 water resistance rating, which means they are protected from dripping rain and sweat. The headphones come with a compact charging case, 4 pairs of ear tips, and a USB-C charging cable.
Bluetooth 5.0: The ATH-CK3TW have Bluetooth 5.0 technology to give you a solid, dependable wireless signal and excellent range (33'). They are compatible with A2DP, AVRCP, HFP, and HSP profiles, and support Qualcomm aptX and SBC codecs for enhanced sound quality. In addition, the headphones have Qualcomm TrueWireless Stereo Plus, which maximizes sound quality and battery life, and makes pairing easier, when used with TrueWireless Stereo Plus devices.
Drivers: The ear buds are equipped with 5.8mm dynamic drivers for powerful audio with great detail. Four pairs of silicone ear tips (XS, S, M, L) are included for best fit.
Microphone: The right ear bud houses the microphone for phone calls and voice assistant use. The microphone features Qualcomm cVc (Clear Voice Capture) technology so that your calls are clear and natural sounding.
Charging Case: The ATH-CK3TW includes a compact charging case which has its own 3.7V Lithium-ion rechargeable battery. The ear buds start charging when you place them in the case. The auto power feature turn on the headphones when you take them out of the case, and turn them off when you place them in.
Battery Power: Each ear bud has a built-in 3.7-volt Lithium-Polymer rechargeable battery. On a full charge, the ear buds have a battery life of approximately 6 hours. The battery in the charging case provides an additional 24 hours of battery life, for a total of 30 hours when the headphones and case are fully charged. The ear buds charge inside the case in approximately 2 hours. The case takes approximately 2.5 hours to charge.
On-board Controls: Touch controls in each ear bud housing let you control your music playback and phone calls. For best results, you should use the pad of your finger, instead of the fingertip. Music playback controls include play/pause, skip to next track, or skip to previous track. Phone controls let you answer, reject, and end your calls. You can also access your device's voice assistant (such as Siri). Volume is raised or lowered one level at a time.
Smart Sensors: Both ear buds feature Smart Sensors that can detect when they are being worn, and when they have been removed from your ears. The Ear Detection function must first be turned on by touching the left side touch control for about 6 seconds. With the function enabled, removing an ear bud from your ear automatically pauses your music. The music resumes when you are wearing both ear buds again. After 30 minutes of non-wear, the headphones automatically power off.
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20kHz
- Sensitivity: 98dB/mW
- Impedance: 16 ohms
- Microphone Sensitivity: -38dB (1 V/Pa at 1 kHz)
- Microphone Frequency Response: 100-10kHz
- Ear Buds: Width 0.683" Height 0.882 Depth 1.048"
- Charging Case: Width 2.123" Height 2.293" Depth 1.273"
- Ear Buds: 0.17 ounces each
- Case: 1.8 ounces (empty)