About the Audio-Technica ATH-G1WL
Stay competitive, go wireless
Stay competitive, go wireless
When you're knee-deep in a tense match, where tactical callouts and environmental sound cues are key to victory, the last thing you want to worry about are your headphones. Audio-Technica has you covered with the ATH-G1WL, a wireless headset designed specifically for a reliable gaming experience on PC or Mac®.
Once you've fully charged the headset, getting started is easy. Plug in the included USB transceiver to automatically pair the ATH-G1WL with your rig. Wireless 2.4GHz operation keeps communication lag-free and prevents interference from TV bands.
Communicate clearly with your team
The headset's boom mic is flexible and detachable, allowing you to optimize its position. It uses a directional pattern to focus on your voice and nothing else, rejecting ambient noises and transmitting your voice clearly to your teammates.
Hear the details that count
When your partner tells you there's a sniper on the roof, you'll want to hear that — not the dryer tossing your socks. The ATH-G1WL's closed-back design helps with noise isolation, while its large-diameter 45mm drivers provide clear studio-quality sound. You'll not only be able to focus on the game's soundscape, but enjoy deeper immersion by activating the 7.1 surround sound mode.
When I play The Hunt: Showdown with my crew, every pat-pat-pat of a nearby enemy's footsteps or crinkle over broken glass can tip us off to a hidden ambush. Knowing which way to turn allows me to swivel 180° and turn the table. The ATH-G1WL blocks out distractions and provides the detailed audio that will help give you an edge when it matters most.
Dial in the sound with optional Windows® software
Audio-Technica has partnered with Embody to further optimize your listening experience with the optional Immerse™ software (subscription required, not included). Immerse analyzes the shape of your ears with a machine learning algorithm to generate personalized spatial audio. Directional cues become more accurate and distinct, and they scale relative to the size of their source. This means you'll be able to better pinpoint and distinguish sounds in a realistic soundscape.
Comfort for the long haul
This headset's lightweight construction and soft breathable ear pads are designed for a comfortable experience during extended gaming sessions. The built-in rechargeable battery gives you up to 15 hours of playtime, and once it's depleted, the headset can still be used while it's charging.
- over-the-ear wireless gaming headset for PC and Mac® with USB plug-in transceiver
- closed-back design provides noise isolation so you can focus on the game
- wireless 2.4 GHz range ensures reliable communication without lag or interference from TV bands
- large-diameter 45mm drivers generate detailed studio-quality sound
- select the 7.1 surround sound mode to immerse yourself deeper into the game's virtual space
- lightweight design with breathable ear pads for comfort during long gaming sessions
- directional boom mic prioritizes your voice and cuts out ambient sounds to keep your team's channel clear of noise
- built-in rechargeable battery offers up to 15 hours of play (headset can be used while charging)
- includes 6.6-foot (2-meter) USB charging cable
- optimize your sound with optional Immerse™ software (subscription required, not included) for Windows
- frequency response: 5-40,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 101 dB
- impedance: 45 ohms
- weight: 10.2 oz. (10.5 oz. including detachable mic)
- warranty: 1 year parts and labor
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # ATH-G1WL
What's in the box:
- Over-ear headphones (black)
- Pair of spare earpads
- Boom microphone with foam windscreen (2.5mm sub-mini plug)
- USB transceiver (Type A USB)
- 81" USB cable (Type A USB on one end and Micro-B USB on other end)
- Quick Start Guide
- Caution Guide
- Statement of Compliance
- Disposal statement
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Audio-Technica ATH-G1WL
Overview: The Audio-Technica ATH-G1WL is a premium wireless gaming headset that takes your gaming experience to the next level. The headphones have large-diameter 45mm drivers and a closed back design so you can clearly hear your gaming audio without distraction. The headset comes with a plug-in boom microphone, a USB wireless transceiver, an extra pair of ear pads, and a USB charging cable.
Wireless: The headphones pair to your Windows PC or Mac through the included USB plug-in transceiver. The tranceiver operates in the 2.4 GHz band, outside of the TV bands) to let you communicate with fellow gamers in real-time with no lag or interference. The transceiver pairs with the headset automatically when plugged into your PC/Mac's USB port. A manual pairing button on the transceiver lets you pair manually if needed. Transceiver dimensions: Width 0.732", Height 0.427", Length 2.639" Weight 0.32 ounces.
Replaceable Ear Pads: The headphones come with two pairs of lightweight ear pads to let you swap them out as needed. The ear pads feature soft foam padding covered by synthetic leather and breathable cloth.
Microphone: The plug-in boom microphone has a highly directional pattern to pickup only your voice and reject ambient noise for clear in-game communication. The mic is on a 6" flexible boom so you can adjust it for best performance. It has a wide frequency response (30Hz to 20kHz) so your voice is clear and strong. The headset has a Mic Monitor button to let you monitor your own speech, if you desire.
On-Board Controls: The headset features convenient on-board controls on the right ear cup for easy access:
- Volume/Surround: The rotary volume control with click-stops lets you dial in as much of your soundtrack as you want. Pressing the control lets you toggle between standard audio and virtual surround playback.
- Mute: The sliding Mute switch lets you turn off (mute) your microphone when needed.
- Monitor: The push-button monitor switch lets you monitor your own voice along with the game soundtrack, or mute it just in your headset.
- Power: A 2-way slide switch is provided for turning on or off the headset and its communication with the transceiver.
Battery: The ATH-G1WL has a built-in 3.8V lithium-polymer rechargeable battery that charges in approxmately 7 hours via the included USB cable. A fully-charged battery gives you up to 15 hours of battery life. For your convenience, the headphones can be used while the battery is charging.
- Frequency Response: 5Hz to 40kHz
- Sensitivity: 101 dB/mW
- Impedance: 45 Ohms
6" boom microphone
- Type: Electret condenser
- Polar Pattern: Hypercardioid
- Sensitivity: -43dB (1 V/Pa, at 1 kHz)
- Frequency Response: 30Hz to 20kHz
- Maximum Communication Range: 39' line of sight
- Frequency Band: 2.404GHz to 2.476GHz
- Transmission Band: 20 to 24,000Hz
- Ear Cups: Width 3.241" Height 3.969" Depth 2.1"
- Inside Ear Cup: Width 1.476", Height 2.282", Depth 0.812"
- Weight: 10.2 ounces