About the Audio-Technica ATH-CK2000Ti
Audio-Technica's flagship earbuds
Audio-Technica's flagship earbuds
Why does Audio-Technica's name ring out among both musicians and high-end headphone fans? They're committed to delivering richly detailed sound across an incredibly wide frequency range. With their flagship in-ear headphones, the ATH-CK2000Ti, they've come up with a completely new driver design to deliver the results.
Uniquely designed "dual phase" driver system
Audio-Technica designed the earbuds to sound both revealing and musical — with minimal distortion. And they've done it with an in-ear driver design that I've never come across.
Inside each earbud, there are two drivers positioned to face each other. One is 9.8mm and the other is 8.8mm. The mismatched size helps improve high-frequency response, and they are wired out of phase for controlled bass reponse. A strong titanium housing helps further lower resonance.
A proper fit for sound
Here's something I've learned from listening to many, many in-ear headphones: their sound is only as good as their fit. Audio-Technica includes 7 pairs of ear tips to ensure a secure, comfortable seal.
There are four sizes of silicone tips, built to properly direct the drivers. And — my personal favorite — three sizes of foam ear tips. These super-soft tips expand and conform to your ears, and help block out noise.
Several ways to connect
The ATH-CK200Ti headphones include two cables, one with 4.4mm balanced headphone plug. Sony developed this new industry standard connection for balanced headphone operation, and I've seen more and more companies adopt it.
This connection promises to cut down on signal noise and distortion, and you'll find it on several Sony high-res music players, the Sony's TA-ZH1ES headphone amp, and the Sennheiser HDV 820 headphone amp. For a more traditional headphone connection, Audio-Technica includes another cable with an unbalanced 3.5mm mini plug.
- dual phase "push pull" dynamic driver design
- delivers rich, detailed sound across a wide frequency range
- sturdy titanium housings help minimize resonance
- one 9.8mm driver and one 8.8mm driver inside each earbud
- drivers face each other and are wired out of phase for low distortion and controlled bass
- diamond-like carbon-coated diaphragms for crisp, extended high-frequency response
- permendur magnet design for strong dynamics
Accessories and specs:
- includes 7 pairs of ear tips:
- 3 sizes of memory foam ear tips for strong noise isolation
- 4 sizes of silicone ear tips
- includes two detachable audio cables:
- 49" cable with right-angled 3.5mm miniplug connector
- 49" cable with with balanced 4.4mm headphone plug
- cleaning cloth
- zippered leather case
- frequency response: 5-45,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 100 dB
- impedance: 10 ohms
- weight: 1.2 oz
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # ATH-CK2000Ti
What's in the box:
- Pair of in-ear headphones
- 4 Pairs of silicone ear tips (1 pair installed)
- 3 Pairs of foam ear tips
- 49" Cable (right-angled 3.5mm plug)
- 49" Balanced cable (right-angled 4.4mm plug)
- Cleaning cloth
- Zippered leather case
- User Manual
- Disposal guidelines
More details on the Audio-Technica ATH-CK2000Ti
Features & specs
|Earcup Width x Height||0.514" x 0.514"|
|Mic For Taking Calls||No|
|Frequency Response||5-45k Hz|
|Cord Length||49" + 49"|
|1/4-inch Adapter Included||No|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Overview: The Audio-Technica ATH-CK2000Ti in-ear headphones feature dual-phase push-pull drivers for exceptional sound. Each ear bud has a rigid pure titanium housing for an elegant look and to reduce unwanted resonance. Each pair of headphones has a laser-etched serial number. The headphones' unique dual-driver design is capable of reproducing Hi-Res Audio with an extended frequency response. The headphones come two cables, 7 pairs of ear tips, a cleaning cloth, and a zippered leather carrying case.
Drivers: Each ear bud has two drivers facing each other and wired out of phase. This design, along with a permendur magnetic circuit, provide better bass response and higher damping, and lower harmonic distortion. The drivers are of different diameters (9.8mm and 8.8mm) for improved high-frequency response, and have a diamond-like carbon (DLC) coating on the diaphragms. The wide 5Hz-45kHz frequency range lets you hear more of the details of the music, especially Hi-Res audio from the newer 96kHz/24-bit music files and streaming services.
Ear Tip Assortment: The ATH-CK2000Ti in-ear headphones comes with 7 pairs of interchangeable ear tips. The four pairs of silicone ear tips come in sizes XS, S, M, and L, with the M pair already installed. In addition, three pairs of Comply foam ear tips are included. Comply ear tips are softer than silicone, and are more comfortable, allowing you to listen longer without ear fatigue. They provide a better seal in the ear canal for enhanced sound at lower volume. They are more secure and stay in your ears during your workout.
Cables: The headphones come with two 49" audio cables -- one with a standard 3.5mm 3-pole stereo mini-plug and another with a 4.4mm 5-pole balanced mini-plug. The Y-type cables have A2DC (Audio Designed Detachable Coaxial) connectors to attach the ear buds.
- Frequency Response: 5 Hz - 45 kHz
- Sensitivity: 100dB/mW
- Impedance: 10 ohms
- Maximum Input Power: 100 mW
- Dimensions: Diameter 0.675", Depth 0.646"
- Cable Length: 49" with right-angled 3.5mm plug + 49" with right-angled 4.4mm balanced plug
- Weight: 1.2 ounces (with cable)