About the Audio-Technica ATH-DSR9BT
Direct digital signal for crisp, precise sound
Direct digital signal for crisp, precise sound
Audio-Technica uses what they call a "Pure Digital Drive" system in the ATH-DSR9BT Bluetooth headphones — and they're the first headphone company I've seen reproduce audio this way. Thanks to a special built-in chip, the digital audio signal travels all the way to the driver's voice coils before it is converted to analog. Staying digital for as long as possible helps minimize distortion and interference in the audio path.
It also can make the driver itself more efficient. The results? These are one of the best-sounding sets of wireless headphones available: spacious sound with true-to-life imaging and a pleasant — unharsh —emphasis on detail in the upper mids and highs.
- closed-back, over-ear design
- Bluetooth 4.2 connectivity for wireless music listening and phone calls with most smartphones
- compatible with aptX® HD decoding provides high-quality music streaming from compatible devices
- NFC-compatible for one-touch pairing with compatible devices
Pure Digital Drive system:
- digital audio signal sent directly to voice coil
- digital-to-analog conversion happens right in the driver
- efficient diaphragm movement with less noise and distortion
- re-engineered 45mm True Motion dynamic drivers offer incredible detail and clarity
- four core-twisted voice coils in each driver for precise movement
- lightweight diaphragm for more natural sound
- dual-layer housing isolates circuitry from the driver chamber
- vented earcups control air flow to help lower distortion
Specs and Features:
- built-in rechargeable battery offers up to 15 hours of wireless use
- included 6.6' USB cable for can also be used for wired listening on a computer
- plays high-resolution digital music files up to 24-bit/96kHz;
- buttons on left earcup offer easy control of music, calls, and volume
- soft, memory foam earpads and headband
- earcups swivel and can fold flat for storage
- padded carrying case included
- frequency response: 5-45,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 97 dB
- impedance: 38 ohms
- weight: 10.9 oz.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # ATH-DSR9BT
What's in the box:
- Over-ear wireless headphones
- 80" USB charging cable (Type A USB on one end and Micro-B USB on other end)
- Zippered storage case
- Small zippered case for cables
- User Manual
- Setup Manual (Computer Settings)
- Statement of Compliance
- Battery Disposal sheet
- Environmental sheet
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Audio-Technica ATH-DSR9BT
Features & specs
|Earcup Width x Height||3.28" x 4.154"|
|Mic For Taking Calls||Yes|
|Frequency Response||5-45k Hz|
|Cord Length||80" USB|
|1/4-inch Adapter Included||No|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Overview: The Audio-Technica ATH-DSR9BT is a wireless over-ear headphone with Bluetooth 4.2 technology for listening to your favorite music or making phone calls on your smartphone without connecting a cable. The large 45mm drivers provide rich, detailed sound, and are compatible with Hi-Res audio. The ear cups swivel 90° so you can fold them flat and store them in the included storage pouch.
Drivers: The DSR9BT is equipped with large 45mm True Motion drivers that feature a lightweight diaphragm with a DLC (diamond-like carbon) coating and a 4-core twisted OFC-7N voice coil for precise control. Acoustic resistors control the airflow inside the diaphragm housing to provide a natural, balanced sound. The layered aluminum housing separates the electric circuitry from the acoustic space to ensure a proper phase and transient response.
Bluetooth 4.2: With Bluetooth version 4.2, these wireless headphones have a range of approximately 33' (10 meters) line-of-sight. They are compatible with Qualcomm aptX HD, aptX, AAC, and SBC codecs, enabling wireless transmission with a resolution of up to 24-bit/48kHz. Supported Bluetooth profiles include A2DP, AVRCP, HFP, and HSP. For devices compatible with NFC (Near-field Communication) you can pair the headphones with your device by simply touching it to the N-Mark above the left ear cup.
On-board Controls: The DSR9BT has on-board controls on the left ear cup for music playback and phone calls. The Tap Controller is a small touch-sensitive area that responds to short and long taps: short tap (play/pause music or answer phone call), double-tap (display battery level or end phone call), long tap (Siri or other voice control, reject incoming phone call, or switch current call to Bluetooth device). The 2-way Volume Controller slides in two directions: short slide + (volume up), long slide + (skips to next track), short slide - (volume down), and long slide - (skips to previous track). The Bluetooth power switch is on the right ear cup.
Pure Digital Drive: Audio-Technica's Pure Digital Drive system works without the sound-degrading D/A converter found in most wireless headphones. Instead, the headphones utilize Trigence Semiconductor's Dnote chipset, which enables the headphones to receive the wireless transmission, process the digital audio signal and transfer it to the drivers where the digital pulses of the chipset move the voice coil and diaphragm forward and backward to create the sound waves.
Comfort Features: The headphones feature ultra-soft, heat-reactive memory foam earpads and headband with a soft leather covering for many hours of listening pleasure.
Rechargeable Battery: The DSR9BT is powered by a 3.7-volt Lithium Polymer rechargeable battery. The battery fully charges in approximately 4 hours when connected via the supplied USB cable. The battery charge status is displayed on the 3 LEDs on the left ear cup. A fully charged battery provides approximately 15 hours of continuous music playback time, or approximately 1000 hours of standby time.
USB Cable: The ATH-DSR9BT comes with a dual-purpose Micro USB cable. The 80" cable can be used to charge the built-in battery from your computer or a USB power source. You can also connect the headphones to your computer via USB and listen to music, including Hi-Res audio files up to 96kHz/24-bit. USB playback is supported by the following Operating Systems: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, and Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan).
- Frequency Response: 5Hz - 45kHz (during 24-bit/96kHz playback); 20Hz-20kHz (Bluetooth)
- Supported Sample Rates: 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 96kHz* (*with USB cable connection)
- Supported Bit Rates: 16-bit, 24-bit
- Sensitivity: 100 dB/mW
- Impedance: 35 ohms
- Type: Electret condenser
- Polar Pattern: Omnidirectional
- Frequency Response: 50Hz - 4kHz
- Sensitivity: -44 dB (1 V/Pa at 1 kHz)
- Dimensions: Width: 3.28", Height: 4.154", Depth: 2.039"
- USB Cable Length: 80" (Type A USB-to-Micro-B USB)
- Weight: 11.1 ounces
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
1 question already asked